General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 01:55 PM   #16  

I don't know about you guys... but I am going to float away if I have to run to the ladies room one more time! Geeeze!

Oh well.. at least my fingers don't feel like little hotdogs anymore.

elaine
Old 08-02-2001, 02:02 PM   #17  

Elaine,

I'm right there with you! I've worn out the carpet down the hallway at work today! Is there some kind of diuretic in Slim Fast?

Janet
Old 08-02-2001, 02:04 PM   #18  

I know what you mean about the water. I am in the bathroom every 30 minutes. You are right though about the hot dog sensation...when I don't get enough water I feel like that too. I guess it is just another message that our body is sending to us that we need to get into better shape.

Regarding the rewards...I have decided that the day I hit 198 I am going to buy a Bose radio. I ave wanted one for a while, but at $500 I can't let myself just buy one. Instead I decided I would earn it by getting myself under 200 pounds with a 25 pound loss.

For water, try the new Fruit2O. It is made by Veryfine. They are fruit flavored, calorie free bottles of water. Make sure you drink it cold though because it is much more refreshing cold than warm.
Old 08-03-2001, 04:37 AM   #19  

Angry slim fast

crimson Hello girls, I too need to loose about a hundred pounds.. I weigh 253 pounds.. I had spinal fusion done to my back about two years ago and gained about fifty pounds.. I have tried ww but i find it hard to have to plan and choose the right things to eat.. I agree it will be so much easier to just plan one meal a day..
do you find that your can still loose on useing the slim fast meal bars like once a day?/
I have boughten three flavors of slim fast and got them in the frig and cold ready to start tomorrrow!!!
Good idea about settting the goals low... It is true you have to be good to your self and reward with even just the small things like getting your nails done. Or a hair cut.. I plan to start tann9ng on monday.. starting late but will look nice when the first 20 pounds come off..
I am so glad to find this support group here for slim fast..
sincerly Vicky
Old 08-03-2001, 06:19 AM   #20  

Good morning! I hope you are all doing well. I was doing really well yesterday until dinner time. Do not allow yourself to get too hungry before your big meal because you will go overboard I decided to wait to eat until my boyfriend finished running his errands. Before I knew it 8:00 had come and gone and I had not eaten. I was starving and more than happy to eat the pizza he brought home. Next time I will pop some 96% fat free popcorn and munch on that before dinner to stuff my tummy.

I've had my breakfast shake already this morning. It is so convenient to mix it up and drink it in the car on my way to work. It is harder for me to get my lunchtime shake in. At work, we all eat lunch at our desks and I don't want to advertise to the whole office that I am dieting. So, I try to be sneaky Somedays it is harder to be sneaky than others.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kirsten
Old 08-03-2001, 09:04 AM   #21  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

I've got great news! I've lost 8 pounds in a week!

Kirsten, Don't beat yourself up about dinner last night, it was just one meal right? Just get on track today and you'll be fine.

Hi Vicky! Welcome to our little group. Have you checked out the Slim Fast website? It explains the plan really well. It's www.slimfast.com

Janet 240/232/140
Old 08-03-2001, 09:14 AM   #22  

Yahooooo! Janet.. way to go... Vicky welcome... Kirstin.. listen to Janet!

I am really busy this AM.. but I just wanted to give you my weigh-In:

3 pounds gone! That is in 3 days! Or, really 2 1/2 !

Elaine

195/192/140

Day Three!

I'll write more later.
Old 08-03-2001, 03:20 PM   #23  

Hi all,

I have been too busy to write much today.. but did want to check in and say ... have a great weekend everybody! I have done really well on the program today.

Maybe on Monday.. we should start a new thread for the week?

Elaine

195/192/140
Old 08-03-2001, 03:35 PM   #24  

That sounds good! I'll get back with all of you Monday too! Remember we can do this.

Janet
Old 08-03-2001, 04:55 PM   #25  

Wow!!! It is so nice to see so many people here!!! It sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully. I have always been very interested in the Slim Fast plan and was disappointed when it seemed like the Slim Fast threads were slowing way donw a few months ago. But now I found this thread which seems very active!

I have reached an all-time high of about 230 pounds and am MISERABLE with myself. I want to start the Slim Fast plan as soon as possible. However, I am currently in South Texas (I flew from Ohio), visiting with my parents who I haven't seen in 7 months. Boy, do they have some great BBQ and Mexican food down here, not to mention that my mom is a great cook. I've missed Texas food so much, as well as mom's home-cooking, that I think I'm going to put off starting the SF plan for a couple of days and relax, eat whatever I've been missing and be merry for a few days (I just got here yesterday) just to get it out of my "system". The I'll be ready to begin. LOL!! The good thing is that both my mom and dad have become health-conscious and exercise almost every day.

Anyhow, great to see everyone here!

Jennifer
Old 08-06-2001, 06:01 PM   #26  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Wow! I go away for a week and look what happens, a whole new set of friends. Girls I started a year ago an have lost 65 pounds. I eat my meal at lunch also. Some hints to try. Eat something every three hours or so. Have a piece of fruit, a lowfat snack or a slimfast snack bar. This helps so much to keep the munchies from getting out of hand. One day a week have something really good. It won't kill you and it makes it easier to stay with the plan. I'm having pizza for dinner! If you don't loose anything for a while don't give up! It is called a plateau and it is just your body getting used to the new weight. And the most important tip of all;come to this wabsite at least once a week!!!!
Old 08-07-2001, 02:08 PM   #27  

Hi everyone!! Hope you don't mind me joining.

Hi Kirsten!! I am so happy to see you here. We think alike.

I am starting Slimfast today. I am having problems keeping vitamins down and desperately need them right now, and my doctor suggested Slimfast to me yesterday to get the vitamins. So I decided to just do the weightloss plan, My sister has been on it for several weeks and is doing great.

My stomach is upset though, I hope just a side effect of changing my diet. But I feel more alert and energized, so that is a good sign.

I don't know very much about Slimfast and need guidance. Was anyone really hungry by lunchtime their first day? I was so hungry today and had a bowl of soup with my lunchtime shake. Now feel sick, I may have eaten too much.

Can anyone post their typical daily menu? (I did visit their website)

Thanks!!

Jennifer
Old 08-09-2001, 10:27 AM   #28  

Default I Guess We have to Use this Full Thread

Since Mrs. Jim closed the 2 new ones even though we were only posting to the Slim Fast #2 thread.

How's everyone doing today? I'm doing great! I love this plan. It's so easy. I don't officially weigh until tomorrow, but I know I'm down at least 2 more pounds, possibly 3. When I'm walking I don't get as out of breath and I seem to have so much more energy for everything else now.

Janet
Old 08-10-2001, 09:11 AM   #29  

Default I'm Bragging!

I lost 3 more pounds this week! I can't believe how easy this plan has been to follow the past 2 weeks. I've lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks!

How are the rest of you Slim Fasters doing?

Janet 240/229/140
Old 08-13-2001, 02:30 PM   #30  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls. I started a new thread called success with Slimfast #7. Why not join me there? Mrs Jim Pm,d me about closing the other threads and I agreed with her. There were just too many threads on the same subject and #2 should have been closed three months ago.This is actuall the 6th thread since it was started in the spring!
Closed Thread