General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 06:46 PM   #46  

Hi everybody and welcome Jenn!

Jenn: I am just in my second week of my first challenge and bought a couple of boxes of myoplex lite at GNC BUT it is very expensive there. ($79/box for 20 servings). On netrition.com I believe it works to $29USD/20 servings but with exchange, taxes, duty and delivery I believe it will work out to the same. I am currently looking into other supplements and will be going to YVS (Your Vitamin Store) which is "BfL Central" apparantly and see what I can find that is similar to Myoplex. In the beginning the Myoplex was hard to take in that it was thick and sweet BUT NOW I love it and look so foward to it every evening now that I know how to prepare it perfectly (thanks to the gals here ). I will keep you posted as I have to go tommorrow or Saturday as my brother is (hopefully) starting the program on Monday and I am helping him get all set up.

I highly recommend Glutamine as it has minimized my sore muscles incredibly. Mrs. Jim, I am still looking into servings of this as my container states take 1 serving (2.5grms) before bed. So 10-15grms which you quoted seems a bit high . I will do some more searching on the L&S boards.

I took your advice Susan and posted my menu on TJ's daily menu thingy and she a-ok'd my meal other than I probably could eat more protein in the a.m I just of course am a little paranoid about the wt. gain (of course) BUT I do notice that my clothing is looser and I am not bloated EXCEPT for that I am (and I am very embarrassed to mention this) constipated) . I have been wanting to get some advice from the L& S boards but am a little shy to ask - I know silly me. I think it is all the protein I am eating and am still not used to it. You'd think that all the water I drink and the exercise would counter act this but no.

Well gotta run. Check out L&S again as their boards have been down all day it seems.

Michelle.
Old 07-19-2001, 07:41 PM   #47  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default I'm glad it's not just me!!!

I haven't been able to get into L&S since this morning!! Darn! Fitday isn't working for me either...now that I'm back eating the BFL style (a week of eating whatever is enough for me!)

Michelle - did you purchase the Labrada Glutamine 1000? I'm taking it exactly as the instructions state (check http://www5.netrition.com/labrada_glutamine_page.html for info).

"Recommended Use: Take one scoop (approximately 5g) three times per day, with water or juice. Do not exceed the recommended dose."

Steve L. on L&S has said repeatedly that you can't take too much glutamine...and I do find it to help immensely.

As far as constipation, sometimes that happens to me too. I just load up on the green veggies (carrots too), choose fresh fruit for a carb, and maybe take FiberCon or Metamucil for a day or two...that helps a lot!

Earlier question about Myoplex RTDs. If you don't have a sense of taste, you may be able to tolerate them... I never thought of making a tub of Myoplex pudding for meal #4 though! What I'm doing now is using MRB's (Meal replacement bars) OR having Mydashi make my brown rice chicken and veggie bowl with extra chicken and veggies, I eat half for lunch and the other half for meal #4. Anyway, that worked well today!

The MRB's I like the best are the Worldwide Pure Protein bars (the small ones - Trader Joe's sells 'em) and Met-Rx's Protein Plus bars. TJ at L&S recommends having them with a carb such as a small piece of fresh fruit (peaches rule right now!) because there aren't enough carbs in the bars.
Old 07-19-2001, 11:23 PM   #48  

Welcome Jenn!!!!!!!!!

mrs jim
you do upright rows on the smith? wow. I hadn't thought of that.

Try Chuck boot camp on the leg press. Turn your toes out for 12, then straight for 12 then in for 12, if you have the calf bar on the press, then do 3 sets on the calf bar (in, straight, out), then raise the weight and do 10 out, straight, in. (yes I do 6 sets for 12,10,8,6,12)

I do the hack squat as my second exercise and go out, straight, in on that. 3 sets. but some days I use the leg extension and the leg curl as my second set since the different positions on the press targets every part of the leg (glute, hams, quads)

I guarantee you will see amazing definition in just a couple of weeks.

Just a suggestion for killer lbwo

susan
Old 07-20-2001, 12:32 AM   #49  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Well, not yet...

C2 begins on Monday officially for me! I used the Arnold S. book as well as the PlanetKC site to come up with new exercises just to jazz things up a bit! I really enjoy using the Smith machine so I've included it a lot this round!

What I'm doing is printing out each exercise and will carry the printouts with me in my warmup coat to refer to when necessary (usually the first time or two).

Chuck Boot Camp sounds great! I'll have to include that in the Leg Press!
Old 07-20-2001, 08:28 AM   #50  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default ? on smith exercises~

MrsJim~~~I am unfamiliar with some of the smith exercises that you mentioned . I went to the planetkc site you posted but it links over to a new site, where I am unable to locate particular exercises. Could you tell me exactly what to click on when i have their home page. I clicked on weight lifting and body building, but only found a generalized program outline. What I'm looking for are pictures of different exercises utilizing the smith.

WELCOME, JENN!!!!!
~~~Sil
Old 07-20-2001, 08:42 AM   #51  
Uber-Moderator!!

Post Getting through the Planet kc site...

Actually, you're right - it switches addresses to http://www.exrx.net/ - anyway, off the home page, click on "Exercise Instruction" then on "Exercise and Muscle Directory". You will come to a page divided into two lists. Concentrate on the list titled "Exercises". Basically, if you click on a bodypart name (back, shoulders, upper arms, etc) you will get another list with all the exercises grouped according to method (barbell, cable, dumbbell, lever, Smith etc). Click on the exercise and you will get a really nifty instruction page with a little video showing the exercise being performed as well as step-by-step instructions! I think you'll like it.
Old 07-20-2001, 07:26 PM   #52  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default Thanks so much, MrsJim~~~

I went back to the site and clicked where you said to. VERY COOL I don't know about the smith good-morning~looks like it could be very stressful on the lower back! Enjoy your weekend and good luck on Monday
~~~Sil
Closed Thread