General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 01:57 PM   #16  

Default I would love one...

Ledom, what a good idea! Here is my address [email protected] Include your post office address too I want to mail you some pappadums.

Psst...giggleswick is my garden.
Old 07-14-2001, 11:23 PM   #17  

Default Hi!!!

Hi ladies,

How is everyone doing? I've missed not talking to ya'll. I am going to have to get an internet provider at home so I can access the web every night. Things are about the same with me.....I'm like you Ledom, hate the heat, and can't wait until the fall. I'm only thankful that it's only hit 100 degrees once this summer. Last year we had over 2 months of 100+ temperatures. Judi, congratulations on the weight loss....you rock girl! Hope you are having fun on your trip. I've been a slacker on the diet/exercise routine. I need to start back on both. It not only makes me feel much better, but it is a healthier lifestyle. Plus I'm planning on walking the AIDS 5K again in October so I need to start training. Thank goodness for the treadmill. I can walk in the comfort of AC. Ledom, I'm sure Arkansas is just as hot as Texas. A few minutes out in the heat, and I feel like a limp noodle. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and talk you ya'll soon.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:45 PM   #18  

Default back at home

Hi gals!

How are you all doing? Ca. was too hot for me, I was glad to get back home. I did some grocery shopping. A couple of the things I bought were the no pudge brownie mix and some meringues at Trader Joes. The meringues are only 1/2 point for one. A cheap point treat. I also loaded up on some good ol'American groceries at Albertson's.

I plan to treadmill today and get back into the swing of things. I can not believe how fast summer is going by. Wow! Hope the beginning of the week is going well for everyone.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:06 AM   #19  

Default exciting day tomorrow

My D is getting her Boston Terrier, he will be on the 3:35 pm flight from Regina Sask. He is 8 weeks old and is a dark brindle. They are going to call him Bentley. We are going over tomorrow night to see him. I am going to be a (dog) grandma
Old 07-18-2001, 10:17 AM   #20  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Goodmorning Shebacat and Judi,

yeah, I feel myself slipping into the summer doldrums. School starts in a month for me so there is a sense of anticipation. Not as much dread as last year, but still it makes me apprehensive. It's too hot which seems to have the effect of making me lazier. I must have a daily 2 hr. nap it seems. Still and all, it has been a good summer.

Dietwise, well it seems like I'll never pull out of the big stall. I have been weighing every morning this week. I haven't done that in a long time. I THINK it motivates me, sure hate to see the scale go up anyway so I try harder not to screw up too bad. I am the same as when summer started and a part of me sees that as good, the other part is very frustrated. Every night this week I have LONGED to hit the fastfood places for icecream, cheese burgers, french fries, etc. I have been able to resist, but it does wear on me to have to have this inner wrestling match on such a constant basis.

OK, enough whining. I have been good with exercise this week. Two kaykaing trips, a hike, and a video since Sat. I will do my video again this morning.

My mother's tomato crop is huge this year. I am processing it for her. I have made two double batches of soup for freezing and I guess I'll start making tomato sauce today for the freezer.

Hope all is well with the rest of you girls. I would like to make this last month productive in terms of getting things done and lose at least a few lbs. so that I feel better about myself.
Old 07-18-2001, 07:41 PM   #21  

Hi girls!

Ledom, feel GOOD about yourself! Look it at the amazing exercise pattern you have, you have made it an important part of your life and you must be a very healthy girl.

I am down 1 lb this week, I will take it I think It could have been more except for a fab. pasta meal when I was in La Jolla and er, a couple of Peanut Buster Parfaits. That is the good thing about counting WW points, if you make an unPMD choice...it is ok as long as you don't go over point wise. I have been having a hard time drinking all the water too. Why can't it be 6-8 cups of WINE!

Bentley the Boston arrived, he is SOOO cute. We have been over to our D's apt on the mainlaind twice in two days...our D says we are going to be over too much probably if we were grandparents...probably.

We bought a 5th wheel (RV thingy) since we are going to go to the US almost every month for a week for the next 5 years. (Lord willing, of course). So I can do my OWN cooking and there won't be any good excuse not to keep on program. We will pick it up around August 15 then go on our next trip. We want to attach a few days holidays to the business trip as well.

SO you feel summer is passing Ledom, no...don't say that...I don't think I am ready for another rainy BC winter just yet. I want summer to last and last...
Closed Thread