General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 12:57 AM   #16  

Hi!

Alice: They have an appt. to visit the breeder in a week or so. There are no pups there just now. They are very happy. The Borzoi is a Russian wolfhound. It is a sight hound. Next trip (July 7-17) I am going to leave Parasha in the kennel, I feel bad about it but I think Ca is going to be too hot for her even though the truck has AC. The taking her in and out of the truck to go "you know what" will be too much for her. I feel so guilty though. I would like to stay home but DH doesn't want to go himself. The kennel person says Marley is no company for her because he just bugs her so we are going to take him with us. Sigh! She has been at the kennel before but she doesn't like going. Poor old girl. She still is VERY interested in her food so as long as she is like that she is o.k. She has a hard time walking though. It is hard to see a beloved pet get old.

Kids came for dinner tonight. It was fun. We watched "Best of Show" for the 3rd time.

Did some gardening before it got really hot.

The DH is coming home tomorrow.

What is the weather like in Oak Bay Mrs. Yogi?

Finished the garage Ledom?

How are you doing Shebacat?

I should look at the Shapiro book too. The up side of it being hot is that I don't feel like eating at all.
Old 06-23-2001, 09:11 AM   #17  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Three days later...

and the garage is CLEAN. I can walk from side to side and from end to end. Our garbage men, bless their souls, took every piece of trash this morning and let me tell you that there was a mountain of it. They even took the broken lawnmower and rotted lawn chair. I feel like I have a new lease on life. I waited too long to tackle this job. My friend came and got me started, she was planning to come back a second day and couldn't, but I was able to work with the momentum and now I am so proud of it.

OK, enough of that. D came home with a fat paycheck and a more reasonable work schedule yesterday. You were right judi, she came through that just fine.

I am going to do an exercise video today. My garage cleaning took all my attention, but time to get back to routine. I am planning to take a look at my 2000 Jan. Prevention magazine today for some inspiration.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 06-23-2001, 09:37 AM   #18  

Default way to go Ledom!

Hmmm...your message gave me courage to tackle my fridge this morning.

I got the new WW magazine and it has an article on walking it off that looks inspirational.

Sounds like DH woke up...

Have a great weekend!

P.S. It is late afternoon and my fridge is DONE!

Last edited by judi; 06-23-2001 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2001, 03:14 PM   #19  

Default Procrastinating......

Hi ladies,

All of this reorganizing and cleaning is making me feel guilty. I am such a procrastinator. I was supposed to give my cat a bath last week, but wound up going out to eat with a friend. By the time I made it back home, it was too late. But tomorrow, the dirty deed will be done! Of course, she probably won't speak to me for several days, but she'll be squeaky clean. Ledom, your trip sounded just wonderful. I think I would enjoy kayaking if we had more remote water places around here. Unfortunately, I have not seen pappadums here in Texas either. Judi, I've been wanting to get a manicure/pedicure done, but I don't know if I want anyone touching my feet. A friend of mine has hers done every two weeks, and loves it! I don't know..... It is very hard to see our pets getting older. Of course, we are too. Alice, I'm glad your baby is getting better. I'm still a little suspicious of what your vet told you. I think it was "something" else too. Mrs Yogi, I'm glad to hear you and your daughter are doing better. It terrible being sick, but worse for some reason in the summertime. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Talk to ya'll later.
Old 06-23-2001, 06:53 PM   #20  

Default go for it Shebacat

Unless your feet are insanely ticklish you will love it. It is SOOOO relaxing, especially if you get a massage with lotion after a soak in a whirlpool foot bath...sigh....it makes your entire body feel relaxed, I always have to fight dropping off to sleep. As Martha would say a pedicure is "a good thing!"
Old 06-24-2001, 11:52 AM   #21  

Default Hello everyone!

It has been so humid these past few days with a lot of showers and some torrential downpours. I really hate this type of weather because it is cool and it makes everything clammy. I would rather it be sunny with this humidity. Hopefully this will end by tomorrow.
We were having our breakfast out on our porch this morning and our resident raccoon was out at the squirrel feeder having his/her breakfast too. It was unusual because he/she comes at dusk to feed. Lacee saw it for the first time. I am surprised she didn't bark, but she watched it intently then got bored. I guess what we were eating was much more important than what was in her back yard.

Shebacat~ Did you give your baby a bath, and were you both still on speaking terms? Lacee's bumps have cleared up, but we have to watch to make sure they don't come back. He said that there was a possibility that they would. If they do, we have to refill her antibiotics. I did notice another "pimple" on her tummy, so I put some salve on it and this morning it looks like it has dried up. KIDS!!! I have never had a pedicure, I don't like anyone touching my feet.

Judi~Does your D and BF have any idea when the puppies are going to be born? That is a good idea to make an appt. with the breeder beforehand. We e-mailed a picture of Lacee at her 6 mo. birthday to the breeder we got her from. He sent one back telling us that her mother was having another litter around July 4th. I really thought it was too soon.

Hi Ledom & Mrs. Yogi. I hope you all are having a good weekend.

Alice
Old 06-24-2001, 12:59 PM   #22  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default moving on to PMD #62

See ya there.
Closed Thread