General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:46 PM   #16  

Hello.
I am using Slim Fast right now and loving it. I did use this a few years ago and had fabulous success with it. I did regain my weight but it was only because I wasn't prepared for what life held in store for me.

I decided to go back to what's worked in the past, after several attempts at low carbing. Loved the lc but too hard when you have a family & are the only one following this lifestyle.

The Optima products are great IMO. The new way the plan is set up is alot better than the last time I used it.

Hope to see more posters here, I could use the support!
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #17  
Moi

Hi Desertdreamer! How is the new plan different? How do you use it? Thanks!
Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #18  

The way it used to be was straight across the board for everyone, regardless of starting weight: 2 SF products, sensible dinner & snacks.

Now with the Optima plan, on the official site they list varying weights and within each bracket is what is reccommended(sp?) for you to consume daily.
One of your SF meals now is called a Slimfast Combination meal, meaning you have your slimfast but along with something else around 200calories.

I noticed too that additional snacks and fruits & veggies are being listed as well.

If you get the time, go to their site and see what you think.
Hopefully you'll decide to do it!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The new plan is different, because it used to be "one plan fits all" and that isn't the case-so it is a definite improvement.

Someone who is 250 pounds can consume more calories per day than someone who is 180-and lose weight. The bracket plan is MUCH better in my opinion than the original one.

A 250 pound man needs more fuel, while watching his weight, than a woman who may weigh 180 doing the same thing. People of different sizes have different nutritional needs.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:11 PM   #20  
Moi

Ok, I went to the website, I see it is more than the old 3 meals and 2 fruit snacks hunger-fest that it used to be, lol... now it's 3 snacks and a lot more variety in them too... and salads added at lunch etc. This is certainly more do-able! It's all foods and a way of eating I like to do.

Seeing as I already drink slimfast for breakfast for the vitamins, sometimes using it for lunch too... I don't think it will be much more of a stretch to try the actual plan for weight loss. I don't like to follow a rigid plan though... are you following it exactly by the website? I think I got a good gist of what to do though... reasonable small healthy snacking between meals (which I don't properly do now)... I'll make a note of amounts suggested for my weight-class etc... think that would be ok?

Ok, I'm doing it! I had my usual SF for breakfast and I just had an apple snack! So far so good as I don't usually have a pre-lunch snack. Maybe now I won't be so hungry later in the day/evening. I plan to put some frozen strawberries in my lunchtime SF to bulk it up a bit. Maybe a piece of toast & jam for afternoon snack seeing as I'll have had 2 fruits already. This is kind of exciting! I just hope it works for weightloss... my weight won't budge.

I'll get some of the SF snackbars too, in case I get cravings for something naughty at least it will still be on plan.

Are you losing weight on this? I'd love to hear more from you (or anybody else) about your Slimfasting!!

Thanks for the responses!

Moi

Last edited by Moi; 01-29-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #21  

Happy Sunday!

I'm glad you went to the site to see for yourself. It really is so simple isn't it?
I love this plan because you make it fit your lifestyle. As a busy mom of 3 I need all the simplicity I can get! Don't get me wrong, I do understand the important thing is to know how to eat the right foods, etc for a good healthy lifestyele, but IMO I think that doing this for losing weight is great because there are no excuse for not staying on plan when this is so easy to do. I know I'm getting vitamins & minerals that are essential and I do get to eat plenty of other healthy foods along with it. Does that make sense?

I had wonderful success with this in '01. I lose 80 pounds and was only 30 pounds from my ultimate goal. I let a huge amount of stress get to me, my life turned upside in an instant and being that I had never ever in my life experienced being thin(er) I completely let myself go and regained my weight. It wasn't because the plan doesn't work, it's because I hit a very low point in my life and didn't care anymore.

I'm glad that you've decided to try Slimfast. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy and fun it can be. I love the snack bars and are perfect for those moments when you feel like you could go off the deep-end of being naughty.

How much do you have to lose? It doesn't sound like too much? I have quite a bit to lose so I have a long journey ahead of me. I am looking forward to the challenge though, I'm ready to be healthy and fit for the rest of my life. I want to enjoy my children now before it's too late!

I look forward to hearing about your successes (and if it happens, also those down times), I will support you in any way I can.

~danielle
Old 01-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #22  
Moi

Hi Danielle! Thank you for being so welcoming! Congrats on your past success, it is so encouraging to hear, I hope you find it just as good this time around. When did you start up again, and how has it been going so far?

I figure I have about 20-30 pounds to lose, I'll play it by ear... at this point I would be thrilled to lose just a few pounds! I have a very difficult time losing weight.

So far day 1 went just fine, this seems really do-able for my tastes and as it is not a drastic change from my current eating habits... and I'm actually down a pound? I'm feeling very positive about this!

I'd love to hear from you too!
Moi
Old 01-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #23  

Default Moi

Good afternoon! So how's your Monday going so far? Did you have a good weekend?

It sounds like you are off to a fabulous start, keep up the great work!

I had a great weekend, stayed on plan and drank all my water.
I started doing the Biggest Loser workout dvd...holy moly!!! Thought I was gonna die! LOL It's great tho, I love it. I know in time I will get it down so I won't feel so winded. Slow and easy wins the race, right?

I guess it's just you 'n' me in here, huh? Maybe more people will come in if we keep up the thread? I hope so, the more the merrier.

Have a super day, I will check in later.

Be good to you~
Old 01-31-2006, 10:14 AM   #24  
Moi

Hi Danielle! Biggest Loser Workout - awesome! I've been doing yoga.
Is anybody else out there doing Slimfast? Come join us!

Well, I made it through another day, I'm impressed with myself! I'm glad they updated the diet plan, it's made all the difference.

I bought a box of the new Slimfast wholegrain muffin snack bars... not bad at all. I noticed that the Kellogs All-Bran bars that we already have in the house are similar in calories but double the fibre, so it's another good snack option... they are good too but, of course, they don't have chocolate chips in them,

Thanks for the reminder, I need to drink more water too... How are you doing?

Moi
Old 01-31-2006, 07:11 PM   #25  

Smile me too!

I've also used slim-fast in the past with great success. I have been trying every diet under the sun since I started LPN school in July of 2005 and nothing is working! I actually low-carbed it for a while, which I can handle, but I ended up gaining two pounds! Ugh! I was so disgusted. That's one thing I can't handle.

That's why tonite I am going to load up on slim-fast and start at it tomorrow! I also like the new format the SF company has. I was thinking of doing it on ediets, but the SF website is just as informing and it is one thing better than ediets.......it's FREE! So I signed up there to track my progress. Also, I like to use ***********.com.

Well, I better go. Just wanted to say hello to everyone! I will keep posting and updating here and I hope to hear a lot of success from everyone!

~Leigh~
leighlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #26  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hi Dani!! and everyone else!! Well today is my first day back on the Slimfast plan. It still amazes me how much you eat now as compared to before. I, like Danielle, lost 75 lbs in about 6 months with SF, the old SF, but I went back to my old habits and it all came back over the past few years! Last month I had just been counting calories and exercising but I think I need some more structure, so here I am! I feel great today, lots of energy. I do the Biggest Loser workouts (6 days a week), ride the stationary bike (6 days a week for an hour) and I do a stability ball workout(2 or 3 times a week).

I dont know what is up with my water the past few days but it just tastes nasty, I cant hardly stomach it!!

Good luck fellow Slimfasters! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:51 PM   #27  

Smile Happy Tuesday night ladies!

I'm glad to hear how great everyone is doing!!! Had a busy day today, sorry for getting here late.

I stayed perfectly on plan with everything, food, water, and exercise. I can't believe that I actually looked forward to exercise this morning.
Yesterday after I had already done the BL workout, that afternoon I decided to ride the bike for 30 min. Well, 30 turned into 40, 40 turned into 50, and I finally said, I'm goin' for 60! And I did! Today I did the same!
I gotta tell ya, my legs are killing me from all those squats and lunges! Guess I've figured out where my weak spots are.

Melissa and I go way back. I'm so glad you decided to come by sweetie!
I can't believe you didn't tell me that you were starting SF again!
I'm so glad you did. We did this journey together once before, we can do it again. Only 1 "minor" difference, we'll be keeping it off for good!!!
You're doing fab. with your workouts lady, keep it up. I wonder what's going on with your water? Do you need a new filter? That sucks tho, cause you're usually a trooper with that H20.

Moi, You are doing great, keep the momentum going. Pretty soon it won't feel like you're trying it, it'll just become second nature to you. So glad that you are liking this plan!!! Never tried the muffin bars, but glad to hear they're good. Just in case, ya never know..heehee

Leigh, welcome!!! Yay, you're coming back to SF!! I'm happy to see you here. We sorta revived this thread alittle bit the last few days, so it's great to see some posting here. I too did the low carb thing, tried many times and had alot of great success. But, having a family who did not follow the same lifestyle made it very frustrating for me, and too easy to cheat. I wish you nothing but great success as you embark on your journey with us. Keep those posts coming!

I don't know what it is the last few days, but I've just become very reflective in regards to all I've done in the past regarding weight loss. I've tried very hard to get back into that "zone" I had when I did this plan the very first time. I was on such a roll (and Melissa too), that I really thought nothing could stop me. Well now I've learned so much between now and then that I know that this time really is different! I feel that excitement from deep inside at the thought that I will be changing my body, getting healthy, and accomplishing something that I've wanted to do for all of my adult life.

On that note, I will say goodnight. Pleasant dreams ladies!

There's no stopping us now girls!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #28  
Moi

Hi Ladies, glad you are joining us! It's very encouraging to hear your successes with SF! Today is day 4 for me and I'm still going, I think the scale is reacting possitively too, first time in a long time it seems to be going down. I *officially* weigh/measure on Sundays though so I'll see then what my first week brings.

Leigh, I gain with lowcarb too! Opposite to what everyone says it should do I find it makes me so hungry, but whole grain high carb foods satisfy my appetite very well.

Melissa & Danielle, awesome workouts!

Moi
Old 02-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #29  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone! Stopping in very quickly before I head out to school. I had such a great day yesterday, ended up with just a little over 1700 calories! I did an hour on the stationary bike, biggest loser #1 (ended up doing it afterall!! Yay me!!) and a stabilityball/weight workout while watching tv! Excellent day!!

I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful day today! I'll be back this afternoon to check in with you all! Be good! We can do this!!

When is everyone gonna do weigh in? I think I'm changing mine to sunday. Maybe we can all do it together?? Just a thought!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #30  
Moi

Biggest Loser workout seems to be very popular around here!

I'd love a weekly weigh-in! Sunday works out great for me too!