General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:39 AM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Wink Summer Fun - Summer Plan

A new thread for a new season. Not officially summer for the next couple of weeks, but summer activities have begun. It sure feels like summer down south.

I am back to the plan that works best for me. And it's a relaxed version in that I have my own ideas about what works and I don't go 100% by the book. It is BFL, which allows a diet of balanced nutrients taken in several small meals a day and daily exercise. I feel better when I do both of the above.

Note I have started a new ticker in honor of the summer months and renewed effort on my part. Isn't it cute and just right for summer?!?

Welcome to our little group. You are welcome to post with us. It's your life, your choice, we'll support you in you efforts.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:46 AM   #2  
Chick

What I have been eating lately.

Fresh raspberries, strawberries and cantaloupe. I have been cooking from "Cooking Light" the last couple of months. I love that they have nutritional information for every recipe. One favorite that I have made several times now and plan to make again today is vegetable lasagne with eggplant and zucchini. I have also been making fajita meat, both flank steak and chicken. I have my fajita w/ a little guacamole, sauteed onion and pepper, meat, and salsa rolled into a lowfat whole wheat tortilla. The meat is also good on salads.

I have been concentrating a little heavier on cardio than weights in recent weeks. I do both but do cardio every day (when I am being good.)

I am ready to make June a good month. I have the motivation of vacation in about a month. I want to wear some clothes that have grown a little snug.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #3  

Ledom, hey this is great a new board and all. i am making a change so this is working out so good. i joined another tops group or i will this wednesday nite. i have changed my eating plan some. like you eating most what is right for me and cutting back and watching portions. that way i can have and still be good. its mainly off sugar and snacks for me. glad your doing good with your plan to. i think its good to take a plan and work it out for us. i been exercising some to. so i am ready to go towards my new goal also.. its a good feeling. so this goes right along. thanks.. i am ready for a good month to this new month... good luck...

Hey Judi and aleka join us. beau says mom is getting her exercise for sure. i walk fast. wooffff to lacee. hey girls and everyone else come join us on this new board. working together for a new month is what it takes. so hurryyyyyyy we can and will do it. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #4  

A Good Sunday morning,

We have been having some awful storms this past week and it looks like we may have another week of them. In Ft Myers, which is south of us, (where my ILs winter) has had over 10" of rain. We've probably had that much, or pretty close to it. The thunder storms have been pretty intense. Lacee does not do very well in thunder storms. For some reason if I take her into our spare bedroom along with her throw, we both lie on the bed with the throw over us, and she's snuggled in my arms, she seems to calm down.

ledom, thank you for starting a summer thread. Yes, it is summer here in the south. Glad you have found a plan that you can stick with. Would BFL/EFL work if I did cardio with light weights? I have some Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds using 2 lb. weights. I'm still searching for an eating plan since I stopped counting points, and I still have his book, EFL. Unfortunately, I've either pulled or strained a muscle in my right hip. I've been hobbling around now for 2 weeks. It is slowly getting better. I am able to sit and get out of a chair a lot better than I had. Getting in and out of a car was pure torture, but that is better also. I hope you're enjoying your vacation.

LaDean, glad you are going to a different TOPS group. You'll meet some new people. That's good you're walking Beau a lot. It's too hot now for Lacee to walk any distance. Sometimes I just take her to the end of our street and back when it's cooler outside. Good luck with your new eating plan.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #5  
Chick

Alice, Yes I think what you suggest would work. I don't think you would witness dramatic weight loss but I think you would feel and look better and would gradually take off pounds. I say go for it.

My girlfriend went to Orlando this week and next for some fun in the sun. Sadly it sounds as if there isn't much sun to be found! You and Lacee hang in there.

LaDean I bet you enjoy the change of your TOPS meeting. Change is good! Glad Beau is keeping you out for your walks. How is your gardening coming along?
Old 06-05-2005, 04:22 PM   #6  

ledom, thanks for the input. At this point I no longer care about dramatic weight loss. I just want to feel better about myself and be more fit. After my last post I dug out my EFL book and looked at some of the recipes. They look YUMMY!!! Thanks again. My deepest sympathy to your friend for being in Orlando at this time. From what I've heard this weather is very unusual.

LaDean, has Beau taken you out for your walk today?

Take care.

Last edited by aleka; 06-05-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #7  

Hi, thanks the both of you. yes i am going to love this new group. so excited. i knew some gals. in fact i just had one join it couple months ago. as i figured i would be there soon. yes its going to be good for me. Yes aleka he has taken me for a small walk. raining and so have not taken our park walk. do not want him to get wet and catch a cold. so will wait. sun is peaking out little bit. oh know what you mean aleka about the storms and our dogs. tuffy was like that. we ran to bed and under covers. ha then he was ok close to me. now i do not know beau's reaction yet. it did it little the other nite and he reacted no way. oh hes so good. good for me. Hey you go for the new plan. i am just now decided to eat what i want again and watch portions. lay of the sugar and snacks alot. good luck to both of you. oh hes got tomatoes and potatoes in. (10 rows of potatoes) then i do not remember how many tomatoes. like maybe 40 0r more. then cukes now. puts the seed in and has more to do in garden across road. then got my flowers out front planted saturday. good thing. rained all nite a nd this day so far. so looking nice. i am so hungry for a garden tomatoe and cuke. can almost taste them. i got me some canalope and berries yesterday. well have a great day..Oh Judddddiiiiiiii i am missing you. come here soon to our new board. thanks ledom i love it.. i am ready for summer.LaDean
Old 06-12-2005, 08:18 AM   #8  
Chick

Good morning,

How did you all do this week? I found myself being pretty nonchalant about the food aspect in the early part of the week. Without beating myself up I have been trying to give myself a good talking to. I have been at this far too long with far too little progress. I am relatively smart and strong, why can't I get a grip on weight loss!?! I need to stop playing games with it and get serious. I finally pulled off a small loss this week. Exercise has been good. Yesterday I counted calories and I plan to keep that up this week.

Hope you all are doing good.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #9  

Ledom. good for you. you will get there again and all. i get off and then back with it. right now adding carbs and to many. so got to cut down more. down this am so has been this same lb for few days. but when ti stays off then makes me happy. i now weigh in on wednesday nite so gives me a few days yet. glad your exercise has been good. mine to in fact this week it all has been good. the new tops group has given me a boost again. i needed it. hey have a good day..LaDean
Old 06-17-2005, 07:21 AM   #10  
Chick

Morning friends. Whaz up?

I am in house cleaning, furniture rearranging mode. My motivation is a baby shower that I am hosting next Saturday. Nothing like watching 30 invitations slip into the postal box, to mostly strangers, for the reality of the state of my house to set in. That and I haven't been to a baby shower in over 20 years. Have they changed? Are they still the same? Must one play games? These are all burning questions right now. Thankfully I have a co-host that is going to help me sort it out.

And that has been about it for the last week. Thank goodness DD is helping me out or I'd be sitting in piles of junk, totally imobilized. She's great at pitching things. It is actually starting to rub off on me. Kinda freeing to throw away the broken vase I'd been hanging onto for 10 years for sentimental reasons.

Anyway, I have been staying true to my diet and exercise plan. The scale isn't moving very much, but it's moving a little in the right direction and I think if I keep it up it will eventually cooperate. I'll update my little swimming fishy on Sunday or is Saturday my weigh in day? I have forgotten - gotta look that up.

In other news it is actually raining this a.m. We are in a drought here so this is very welcome. Only problem is it makes me want to go back to bed, hey I might just do it. It's summer break after all and nothing like a gentle rain to lull one into a great late morning in bed. (Update: no nap here, I have already downed too much coffee - back to the cleaning!)

Last edited by ledom; 06-17-2005 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:51 AM   #11  

Hi there!

ledom, sounds like you're really cleaning. Have a good time hosting the baby shower. Glad the scales are moving in the right direction.

We had TS Arlene hit last week which brought some not so much needed rain, we had gotten 10" the previous week. Luckily we were on the eastern edge of the storm so all we got was the rain. There were a few tornado watches out, but thankfully no tornados.

My hip is healing very nicely. I have started walking again, but just to the end of our street and back. I don't want to undo any progress I have made. As the weeks go by I'll be walking farther and faster.

My best friend flew into FL yesterday and is staying with her son, who doesn't live very far from me. She is coming here later this afternoon and is staying overnight. We're off on a shopping spree tomorrow. She has some family outings, and after they're done she's coming back to my house and staying a little longer.

It is getting hot down here. Yesterday I was coming back from the grocery store and my car thermometer read 100°. But it had been sitting in the sun. By the time I got home it was 95°

My dieting hasn't been that good. I am planning on going back to a WOE I did a while back. I'm not going to say much because I am committed at the moment, but who knows in a few days.

Gotta get going and do some grocery shopping and run some errands.

ledom & LaDean, hope you both have a great weekend.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:23 PM   #12  

Hi ledom and aleka. its good to see someone on here. ha i am glad Ledom your plan is going good. i find staying busy helps me so much. aleka you will get back with it to. we all need a rest i think . so take it and then move forward that is what its about. we are not giving it up we are just taking a rest. good luck. so happy your having your friend there and all. its always fun.. hot oh my i will take my oregon weather. Ledom have fun with baby shower. there always fun i think. and to get busy and do what your doing it helps to. glad your plan is going so good. as for me now gals. i am doing great. i love my new tops group. getting to know the ones i never knew. there all great. my scales are going down this week and i am so happy. I am sticking to plan i am going to the exchange one. eating something from all food areas. Hey where has Judi gone... miss her.. i am exercising. beau is great for me. keeps me moving . he loves to go for walks. line dancing starts in sept again. so have a good weekend all of you. LaDean woooffffff to lacee from beau
Old 06-19-2005, 07:03 AM   #13  
Chick

Good morning, How's everyone today?

Alice, sorry to hear your hip is acting up. I am experiencing a weird pain in my right knee and think I need to lay off my cardio this week. I have really been hitting it hard. Two 30 minute sessions a day - perhaps it is too much. This week I plan to concentrate on weights and yoga in order to give it a rest. I have also been waking up with a real tightness in my left achilles. Stretching couldn't hurt! Hope you and your friend are having a good time.

LaDean, sounds as if you are doing great. I am glad you like your new tops group. Good luck w/ your new diet approach.

On being gung-ho but not trusting it to last. Oh do I know the feeling! Just got to take it one day at a time. When you have had so many failures it's easy to become cynical, but those who are successful are rarely successful on their first attempt. As usual, I find it easier to work on this when I am not working and stressed out from a hectic schedule. Unfortunately that is not my reality most of the time and it is an attempt to keep balance in my life as much as sticking to my diet. Fortunately I have been given a gift of about 7 months off work and I must make the most of it.

Hope everyone has a great week! Today is cooking day for me.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #14  

Hi all. my day has been good. had pizza daugher got for father and all today. plus a ice ceam cake. so i did good. so proud of me. allowed for and nothing else today. drinking lots of water i always do after pizza. so that will help. walked went to park and watched grandbabies play and all. so all in all a good day. glad your doing good ledom and all is ok. we stay busy and that helps to. you will stick with it. off from school now and all. you stay active.

Aleka.. hey hope hip is better and your having fun with friend.

anyone heard from Judi..... hope all is ok. miss her. LaDean
Old 06-24-2005, 11:54 AM   #15  

FRIDAY AM... HEYYYYYYY WHERE ARE YOU GALS??????? MISSING YOU...
I have some good news to share. this am i am only 3/4 lbs from my goal. yehhhhh this week for sure i will below and alot i hope. i am finally with the program again. off that sugar this is 5th day again... i was snitching thinking oh well your doing so good you can have some. well not true. so off it and none for me. hoping to soon add few more carbs to. got to get an amt and go for it. read my book last nite and said to not stick to introduction so much. add few then for few days then go back down. so this is what i am going to do. exercise is good. but i am also adding to that to. moved the ex bike in our family room . see it more in there. and another ex thing in there. then my cardio glider is out on patio. its nice enough to get out there to. so making me a schedule today with all the exercise i do. making a chart and having so much time for that. like an appt. ha ha that way i plan to get it done. have my water there to with me by my side. hey come and see all this great news today i hope. I hope all of you are just busy this time of year. Hey that Judi oh my where is she/?????? hope back soon. i know we get here and then wonder off doing and being busy. Hope aleka your hip is better and all. take care and to each have a good weekend. LaDean