3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   anyone tried the 3 hr. diet by jorge cruise? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/55990-anyone-tried-3-hr-diet-jorge-cruise.html)

brighterdays 04-06-2005 10:43 AM

anyone tried the 3 hr. diet by jorge cruise?

Hi,

I'm back after being gone for several months. I lost weight with both the weight watchers diet and south beach diet in the past. I gained the weight back so I have been looking for a diet plan that included all foods but had a little more structure to it (I was eating at all times during the day/night!). What I found was the Jorge Cruise book, "The 3 hour diet". I'm on day 3 of the 3-hour diet and so far, so good...

Anyone else out there trying this diet? After I grocery shop today, I want to try out some of the recipes in the book. I really like how he has included some fast food options for the meals, homemade meal options, and plate options.

Would love some feedback from someone who has tried this one--it looks good to me. I already have his "Eight minutes in the morning" book and I plan to incorporate this regimen into my morning routine again.

Hope to talk to you soon,

Bright :flow1:

dms6k 04-06-2005 01:30 PM

What is the 3 hour diet??

DaisyLily 04-06-2005 01:36 PM

I know there has to be somehting else to this but my first thought it You can not lose weight in 3 hours! Like the "24 hours hollywood diet" or whatever that was called.

BigJimBoy 04-06-2005 04:49 PM

The 3 hours comes from eating every 3 hours. To be honest I thought the book was a load of hype. Jorge does a little video presentation on Amazon that you can watch. He made it sound so easy. I tried real hard not to be too negative about it... anyway come back and tell us how you are going with the diet! I'd love to know (and it might help me to get more balanced about it).

BigJimBoy 04-06-2005 04:50 PM

Of course being a heterosexual male, perhaps I'm missing something here about the "natural appeal" of Mr Jorge Cruise... ;-)

DisneyAnne 04-13-2005 05:12 PM

I started this diet after reading about it in "First for Women" magazine. I only started this four days ago but I have already lost four pounds. I have found it very simple and appreciate the frozen food and fast food options.

Anyone else?

Suzanne 3FC 04-13-2005 10:45 PM

I'm reading the book now. I read most of his "8 Minutes in the Morning" books, and this book appears to replace the "Cruise Down Plate" method of eating from those books. The 8 Min series didn't include a lot of details about the eating plan, and left some people wondering what to do. This book lays it all out in detail. His website used to focus on 8 Min, but now it's all about the 3 Hour Diet.

They make it sound appealing at first -- eat every 3 hours, snack on candy bars, eat fast food, etc. But when you get down to it, it's very much a diet. Food choices include small portions and fat-free versions of foods such as cheese, sour cream, etc. You do get an occasional cookie or other treat, and you can eat fast food such as grilled chicken sandwiches.

I'm not knocking the diet plan, a lot of people thrive on this type of diet and if you stick to it, you will lose weight. I just think that it's not really about the timing, as he says, but that it is just another low calorie diet.

That's my opinion so far :D I've not finished the book yet. Plus, I'm a natural skeptic. I'm also a very picky eater, lol, and I don't eat plastic cheese or sour white fluff. I'd rather eat the real thing, and just pay attention to portion sizes.

Suzanne 3FC 04-13-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJimBoy
Of course being a heterosexual male, perhaps I'm missing something here about the "natural appeal" of Mr Jorge Cruise... ;-)

:lol: Well it certainly helped sell me a stack of books :p

BigJimBoy 04-14-2005 06:05 PM

LOL. I knew I was missing something. I've been eating every 3 hours for a long time. IT's good for maintaining energy balance - but I don't think it's a magic weight loss formula...

Liliann 04-16-2005 09:15 AM

Hi Bright,

I am planning on getting his books..both 3 hour and 8 minutes..Can't wait on getting them..and offically start reading and do his plan. In the meantime till the books arrive..am calorie counting at 1400 and eating in 3 hours,till my books come.

Glad that you are doing good so far with his plan.. His plan is doable in my opinion. I have over 100 Lbs to lose and I think Jorge will be my hope and ticket on my weight loss efforts. Good luck.. :)

Liliann

rabgal 04-17-2005 01:47 AM

I'm in week one of this program .... weigh day is Monday morning which will tell the bigger story, lol.

I'm following the 8 minutes in the morning exercises, followed by the 3 hour eating plan.

MrsJim 04-20-2005 10:49 AM

You might want to refer to another thread at Buyer Beware:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56659

As I stated there, this is really NOTHING NEW, just a new dress on an old manniquin.

LaurieM35 07-13-2005 09:19 PM

OK, I for one have followed the 3 Hour Diet plan for 2 months now and have lost 22 lbs, there is more to it that is listed above you eat a structured meal and the intent is to get you to eat every 3 hours in order to keep your metabolism going, which corresponds to what my DR. said to do. You eat a meal of 400 calories, then a snack 3 hours later (100 to 300 calories depending on your weight) and then lunch 3 hours later, then a snack...etc......... it really does work but from what I have learned form this plan this is almost just like WW but you are more on a schedule to eat every 3 hours. There has been great success with it. As any plan, if you work the plan, the plan will work for you.

Guess its all in your preference and what you like.

LaurieM35 07-13-2005 09:21 PM

Also, you don't have to eat ONLy certain foods, you typically watch calories and break them down in regards to protein, carbs, fat, veggies/fruit.

It has really helped alot of us.

aphil 07-14-2005 09:40 AM

This is an old thread, started in April way before the Jorge section was added-so I am going to lock the thread. Anyone on the General Diet Plans page looking at this thread can see the Jorge section up above it now. :)
Thanks!