General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 03:17 PM   #31  

I have not heard of that one. I happen to like the jitters! I sure can clean my house!

Good luck and keep me posted as to what the doctor says.

Tammy
Old 06-26-2001, 03:19 PM   #32  

Default Where are You?

I am still puzzled as to where Kathy is? (7077). Has anyone seen her? I am still checking out some other posts but I thought she might keep updates on this one as well. If anyone has heard from her or read a post let us know. Just concerned about her.

[email protected]
256/206/156
Old 06-28-2001, 12:28 AM   #33  

Default phentermine

I have been reading 3FC for years, but I never replied to a message. I have been watching the replies on phentermine. I sent away for some over the internet. I want to try dieting using the pills starting tommorrow. 7077 got me all inspired. Where is 7077?

I have been trying to diet and get motivated for a long time. I am feeling ready now. I want to lose 20 pounds. I have gained 20 pounds in the last 4 years. It doesn't sound like much but I have been trying unsuccessfully. Nothing fits anymore. I don't want to put on shorts or a bathing suit. My husband is tall and skinny and doesn't understand.

155/155/135
Old 06-29-2001, 12:45 AM   #34  
ggh

I have seen posts by 7077 recently at the phentermine forum.
Lots of interesting people and information about phen there!
Gloria
Old 06-29-2001, 12:40 PM   #35  
Kathy

Talking

Hi Lakelog,

I am back. I just finished my 30 day supply today. I went to the doctors on Wedesday. I am down from 190 lbs. to 176 lbs.

14 lbs. total loss. I guess you haven't heard from me because I have been attending a lot of affairs, such as company picnics, get togethers, etc. Through it all I have maintained the 14 lbs. loss.

My doctor gave me a prescription with 2 more refills and said I am doing great so I will get back to him in about 4 months so we can see how I am doing.

I am hitting the gym and doing Tae bo II now. What a workout!! I think I stop through about 10 minutes of the tape to get myself back together again. It's those darn floor exercises. Yikes!!

I am still eating about 900 to 1,000 calories a day and taking a vitamin pill. With the weight loss I am feeling more like exercising now. I still have 46 lbs. to go, so I am on my way.

So how are you doing now?

Hi Jasmine10 - How are you doing? Did you get yours yet? Keep me posted.

1dayatatime - what did you end up with from the doctor?

Barbaradr - I was prescribed 37.5. I paid $10 under my health plan. It would have cost $41.94 otherwise with a prescription from the doctor.

Tammy B - what's happening with you?? You know I want to know.

pabs - email me or I will check to see if I can email you. Going through your doctor is your best bet. So you can keep a check on your blood pressure and cholesterol.
Old 06-29-2001, 05:38 PM   #36  

Default Welcome Back!

I was worried about you Kathy. I guess I'm not used to you going that long without posting. Something told me to check the boards right quick and I found yours. I am leaving for the beach in the morning and won't be returning until the 8th of next month. Everyone keep it all together and going until I get back. I will look for motivation in other areas I guess.

Great loss. I am glad to see it is still going great for you. I am still holding steady and still need a 50 pound loss. When we go down to the beach, I tend to eat more vegetables than usual and stay active so I look for a little loss or hold steady but usually don't gain any there. Now going to our State Park is a different story. Eat too many steaks and marshmellows down there.

Keep it up and take care! Glad you're back!

Dana
Old 06-29-2001, 06:10 PM   #37  

hey all,
Anyone here ever heard of Advocare. I got an email from a friend that said it works and you can loose up to 1 lb a day. I had never heard of it. Well if you have any information on it please let me know.
Suzieblue
Old 07-14-2001, 09:19 AM   #38  

Hi all....Okay, I had to pop in on this one I was happy to see this thread! I'm not here too often because I mostly hang out at a WW support site but...

I've been taking phentermine on and off for about a year and have been pairing it with WW. Here's how I've done it:

Started in August and did 3 months solid, then started taking it as needed (just on weekends or for special events) when I felt like I might have too many temptations. I was really afraid of getting hooked so that was good for me. I did that for about 5 months and now have been back on it solid for almost 2 months.

I've lost a total of 49 lbs and during my on and period lost very little but that showed me that I will be able to maintain my loss on my own! I have been eating low points with WW, probably about 1,000 calories a day, excercising regularly, and all of that stuff! I do have a doctor that I am working with and she is great about prescribing it. It's much less expensive than Meridia and has been around for a long time...I hesitate to jump on a "new magic pill" band wagon. I'd rather let others do the testing!

Anyway....good luck if you want to try it, I didn't know you could buy it on the internet. I wonder if it is cheaper than I get from the pharmacist? I pay about 28 dollars a month for it.
Old 07-16-2001, 07:08 AM   #39  

HELLO TO ALL! NOOOO, the internet is not cheaper to buy diet pills. It is highway robbery if you ask me, but I did pay it!

Glad everyone is doing well. I am also FINALLY seeing a difference. I just bought some new clothes this weekend, size 14W!! When I started this weighloss journey in March I was a size 20W. YAHOO!

Good luck to everyone, whichever weightloss plan they use.

Tammy B

241/214/150
Old 07-16-2001, 08:42 AM   #40  

Hi Jan

I was a Phetermine user, good luck!
Old 07-25-2001, 01:27 PM   #41  

Default phen vs. ephedra.

I was wondering if any of you could compare the safety and effectiveness of phentermine to (small doses of) ephedra. Are the side effect similar? Does anyone know if phentermine also works as a beta agonist?

I might switch if I hear anymore good reports.
Old 07-29-2001, 03:33 PM   #42  

Talking phentermine

Hi I'm new here but I have been using Phentermine/Adipec for around 3 months now. It completely controlled my cravings at first. Now I am slipping back into some bad old habits.

I am going to my Dr. on Aug. 1. Hopefully, she will be able to help me. I have around 50 - 60 pounds to lose to reach my target weight of 120 - 130 pounds.

I'm trying to find a diet "buddy" if anyone is interested
! Good luck with the phentermine! I hope it's effects last longer for you !
Old 07-29-2001, 06:08 PM   #43  

Default ????

I just wonder where Kathy (7077) has drifted of to? I think it has been a month today since I have heard from her. At that time she was completing her first 30 days on Phentermine. I wonder if she did another month as well. Let us know if you're around Kathy.

Dana
[email protected]
256/204/156
Old 01-07-2002, 07:22 PM   #44  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I started phentermine exactly three weeks ago and am now down 10 lbs--only 70 or so more to go.

My official weigh in is tomorrow, so I'll see what the doc has to say then. NO bloodpressure problems, only a dry mouth and occasional insomnia. Dare I hope I'll actually be within reach of my goal before 2002 is over?
Old 01-11-2002, 12:06 PM   #45  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Talking

The official word is in...

in three weeks, I've dropped 10 lbs. Now for the other seventy or so...

fro
212/202/135
Closed Thread