General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 03:11 PM   #1  
Halloween Girl!

Talking

thought I'd pump a little air into a new thread and see if we can't keep it going.

On my sixth full day of Slim-Fast and doing pretty well. I have a vacation coming up in September and want to lose a bit of weight before I go.

I'm also on the Buddy Board at the Slim-Fast website.

How is everyone else doing? I've lost three pounds so far and feel like I can do more! I basically use the shake with soy protein and the snack bars. I eat my big meal at lunch instead of dinner; that way, my stomach is pretty empty when I get home and I can exercise a little.

Good luck!

Serrano
273/270/120

"Never weigh more than your refrigerator!"
Old 05-22-2001, 06:40 PM   #2  

Could you please give me a sample of what you eat on Slim Fast. I find myself hungry on this and was wondering if I'm not eating enough. I have a meal to go bar in the morning, piece of fruit in mid-morning, shake at lunch and by 2:00 I'm famished and can't seem to make it until my evening meal. I can't always have my big meal at lunch because of work. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2001, 07:04 PM   #3  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Slim-Fast for me...

I, too, am on the Buddy Board with Slim-Fast. I have a very light breakfast as I'm not a real breakfast person. I'l have a banana (for the potassium) and maybe some good-for-you cereal along with my daily cup of coffee. But I do know not to skip meals!!!

I have Slim-Fast for lunch and sometimes add a couple of small crackers for something to chew. This will hold me until mid-afternoon when I'll have a snack of fruit. I'm not real big on fruit so this is a giant step for me!!!

Then I'll have a "real" supper - I cook a really nice meal because my husband is still working and he deserves a decent meal in the evening after being on the go all day long.

I'm not a snacker so supper holds me, but if I need something before bed I will have a little something but not much.

Also, I drink LOTS of water all day long which really helps. Sometimes when I think I'm hungry I'm really thirsty instead.

I hope this helps some - I'm no expert and I'm trying along with everyone else!!! Carleen...
Old 05-23-2001, 07:06 AM   #4  
Momma Frog

Default still stuck!

hey you guys! I'm on the buddy board too over at slimfast (feelinfroggy)
Anyway, I am still stuck for the 3rd week in a row with no weight loss. (not even inches) Anybody got any ideas?
My typical day (I try to change it up though to keep it interesting!) I have a bar for breakfast, a frozen slushy shake (put a can in the freezer for about 1/2 hour to an hour) and then my main meal is dinner most times. I do however eat lunch sometimes and then a shake from the blender in the evening. I have found that if I eat lunch, I may not even drink that shake at night. It's weird. I also drink plenty of water!!!To fight the munchies I (TRY) to eat fruit, a SF snack bar (these are really good!!) or 1 serving of a clear soup (a serving is usually 1 cup). If I have a snack, I have a glass of water right after; it just helps me fill up more. As you all know, I try to stay at 1200 calories a day; but I've found if I plan what my day will be like (eating wise) I always get make it to that calorie limit.
I'm just so darn frustrated that I haven't been able to move the scale in 3 weeks. I'm about ready to give up. I have a long way to go you guys, I wish I could get rolling. I want to be down to 200 by vacation the last part of august. I don't know if I can do it!!! Again, any ideas?

240/231/165 (goal)
Old 05-23-2001, 09:02 AM   #5  
Halloween Girl!

Since we all seem to be stuck in the same place, here are some tips I got from successful Slim-Fasters. I'm going to try a few myself, because I need to drop some weight in a hurry.

1. Daily calorie intake should be between 1500 and 1600 calories. 1200 calories and below put your body into a starvation mode and it won't let go of the weight.

2. Drink the water. It helps the body process the food you eat.

3. Have crunchy veggies with your snack. They don't add calories but will help fill you up.

4. Cut the bars into little pieces and really savor every bite. It lasts longer and you feel like you've had a whole box of candy instead of one bar.

I have a little baked potato before I go to bed. Helps me sleep good by keeping the serotonin levels in the brain more even. I also find that when I eat the potato, I don't wake up absolutely STARVING the next morning.

I make my shakes with banana. I've also used the fruit flavors for the morning shake and like it pretty well. Seems to help keep me from getting hungry.

As it is, I get really hungry about every 3 hours on this plan. If I get hungry, I eat something, but try to make sure it isn't empty calories.

I'm giving this program a fair shot for 21 days. If it doesn't get the job done (if I stay ravenously hungry, or have no energy) I'll look for something else.

Glad so many are on the buddy board at Slim Fast. The people I've met over there are really friendly.

Our favorite boat was called "feelin' froggy." I miss her. We sold her this year.

Have a great day! I hope I don't come across as a smarty pants. I did a LOT of reading before I committed to this 21 days and hope what I found helps us.

Serrano
Old 05-23-2001, 09:33 AM   #6  
Momma Frog

you have some great tips! I have to admit that mostly, I probebly hit 1350-1400 calories a day. I'm not real great at portion sizing, but I try. (One of my passions is cooking and I LOVE good food!! LOL) I just wish the scale would move down a notch or two. (I'm so impatient!!! LOL) Thanks for the tips!

240/231/165 (goal)
Old 05-23-2001, 05:11 PM   #7  

Default Just started.

Hi,

I have been reading your posts and wanted to know if I could join your thread. I just started the Slimfast plan and I am also on the buddy thread with the Slimfast website. I have about 90 pounds to lose and I have been struggling with it for most of my life. I have tried several different things in the last year and nothing has really worked for me. I am hoping that this is the one. So far I have doing well on it. I have a shake in the morning. Then I eat a good lunch and a snack in the afternoon and then a shake for dinner. Sometimes will eat a snack before bed if I haven't gone over on my calories. I am keeping my calories at about 1500 a day. I really could use all the support I can get and I am more than willing to give it.

Weight: 230/227/140
Old 05-24-2001, 08:04 AM   #8  
Momma Frog

welcome!!! We're glad to have you!
Old 05-25-2001, 07:59 AM   #9  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Wow!I can't keep up with all you gals. I was still back at #3! Frogger let me tell you I went thhrough 3 months of not loosing anything and was quite readdy to quit. But I stuck it out and when spring got here I started loosing again. Are you excersising? That might help. I get mine mowing the lawn, horseback riding and walking. Yard work is great excersise and when you are done there is the reward of a beautiful yard\garden etc. Also spring is so pretty that it makes walking a joy, maby get some friends togather for a hike in a state or national park.
As far as getting hungry every three hours. I make sure to eat every three hours to keep my metabolism up. Like stoking a fire. if you grab something light like a piece of fruit before you get hungry you are less likly to get those intense munchies. Hope this was helpfull.
Old 05-28-2001, 02:29 PM   #10  

Serrano: I love your "Never weigh more than your refrigerator!"

I have wanted to try Slim Fast:
1. I don't like to cook on a daily basis
2. I can use the time each day NOT cooking
3. I do like the taste, flavor

So, now it's just to go at it.....I need support and would like to join you.

LLB
Old 05-28-2001, 02:39 PM   #11  

Where is the buddy list on the slim fast site????
Old 05-28-2001, 03:32 PM   #12  
Halloween Girl!

Hey!

Go to http://www.slim-fast.com

You have to register with them (it's free) and then you access the buddy boards.

Once there, you "invite" people to be your buddy, and you can select from several ways to search. This search option helps find people you have things in common with.

Come visit us! I also use http://www.fitday.com to record what I eat. Dietwatch is better, but won't load over the network at my office, so I use Dietwatch at home, when I use it. Fitday will work either place.

Let us hear your progress! Glad you're here.

Serrano

(who weighs just a little less than her refrigerator )
Old 05-28-2001, 10:33 PM   #13  

Default Back on Track

Hello everyone, I am starting slim fast once again. I was happy to see this forum. I hope it can give me the support I need. I've had success with slim fast in the past and hope to once again. I just wanted to introduce myself and get back on track.
Old 05-28-2001, 10:43 PM   #14  

I always used the milk choccolate powder. I find the new one says stirs in easily, but it doesn't seem as thick as it used to be. I really miss the thickness. Anyone else fine this to be the case?
Old 05-29-2001, 11:07 AM   #15  

hi all,

i started last thurs&am down 5 3/4!

165.2/159.4/150/-5.8/+9.4/
Closed Thread