General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #1  
No Uno Mas?

Question Slim Fast Anyone?

Hello

I just switched from WW to slim fast and was wondering if there is anyone else out there on the SF program?
Eventhough I was successful on WW by losing 16 lbs. I thought the rise in the weekly fee and having to keep track of everything was geeting to be to much for me.
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Christina We have a few threads regarding SlimFast. There are a few people here that use it, though no one has really had an organized SlimFast thread here in a while.

This was an interesting thread, look in particular for Aphil's posts on the product.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43176

My personal opinion - and experience - with liquid meal replacements is that they are just liquid meal replacements. There is nothing special about them that can help you lose weight, other than they are calorie controlled. You could do a lot better with frozen diet dinners that provide some satisfaction and variety. Liquid meals may leave you feeling hungry or deprived, and are generally harder to stick to for very long. If this type of diet plan fits in with your personal lifestyle and tastes, then you may have luck with it. Otherwise, you might try keeping up with the WW program on your own, without the weekly meetings. Support is an important part of WW, but you don't get any support with Slimfast. The ww plan works for you, so you may consider keeping up with the food plan. Congratulations on your 16 lb loss
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you do decide to go with Slim Fast as your own personal decision-then on Slim-Fast's website they do have information there-recipes using their shake powders, meal ideas, etc.
I still don't think that SF is the best plan out there-but it has made changes in it's plan recently. They switched their formula to have less sugar, and they changed their meal plans to have different caloric intakes depending on the users individual weight-rather than 1 plan fits all.

Their plan also now includes food with the shake as a meal now-not just the shake. (because the shakes are less caloric now since the sugar has been reduced in them-the RTD shakes went from 220 per shake to 180) So a meal is now a shake and 100-150 calories of regular food to "fill it out" instead of the shake alone.

So-I have to give them credit-they are trying to better their product and make their plan healthier and easier to stick to. I have to give them that at least.

I use a meal replacement occasionally due to my busy schedule, but it is a higher protein, lower sugar meal replacement such as Myoplex, EAS...or a natural sort of bar like Clif.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #4  
Super Student Nurse

In the past, threads like these would always get locked, which is why I stopped coming here, but good luck with it. Ive done it and lost successfully. Its all about discipline.
nurse2bmelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I won't lock this thread as long as things are amicable and stay current.
Most threads get locked on 3FC for three main reasons-lack of current posts, redundancy (2-3 different threads on the same thing-in which we try to redirect you to another thread on the topic, and threads where there is tension between posters.

As long as you want to be here and want to do the plan-and the thread is active then it should stay up.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:15 PM   #6  

Hi Christina:
I switched over from WW also. But I have not been successfull with WW I am hoping that slim-fast will be better for me. Its has more structure. I have also done LAWL which for me got boring after a while.
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #7  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I am using another meal replacement other than slimfast but in the same way as slimfast. So if you ladies are going to post here I would like to join you all.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #8  

Hi Bev:
I just start doing the slim fast my third day , so far I am enjoying it. I weigh just about the same as you but have a goal weight of 137.
I think so far its just me and you I did not realize that christina's post was an older one.
Diane
Old 03-05-2005, 02:04 PM   #9  
Bev

Hi Diane,

If I could get down to 137 I would love it. Right now I would be happy if I was 145. I am so tired of the battle with my weight. So how did you do today? The weekends are the hardest for me. So far I am doing ok but the day is not over yet.

bev
Old 03-06-2005, 08:47 AM   #10  

Hi Bev:
Yesterday did not turn out as well as I wanted. I planned it out so well but ended up out for dinner which I did not plan and did not make the best choices. I am hoping today will be a better day. I just don't handle cheats to well I let them take over.
So how was the rest of your day?
Diane
Old 03-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #11  
Bev

Diane,

Hi, well today didn't go so well for me. I had really bad cramps so my eatting was not that great. When I get those cravings by eatting gets really bad.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #12  

Bev;
My tummy has been crampy, I am hoping its not from the slimfast products, I stocked up when it was on sale.
I hope you make it through the cravings without to much damage.
Diane
Old 03-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #13  
Bev

Diane, so how are you feeling ( concerning your tummy being cramp). I did fall off the wagon alittle ( had some chocolate). Today is the start of a new week and a new day to start fresh.

bev
Old 03-07-2005, 06:36 AM   #14  

Hi Bev:
Happy Monday last week is over.
I think I am just feeling miserable with all this yo-yo dieting stuff.
But I am determined to start fresh this week.
Mine was more than chocolate, but not anything great.
Diane
Old 03-17-2005, 11:13 AM   #15  
Motivated

S/C/G: 138/120/105

Height: 4' 11"

You can do WW at home, I'm sure you already know that, but changing over to slimfast is a super bad deal. Slimfast has about 10 teaspoons of sugar in it and it really is empty calories because it doesn't completely satify hunger and even if you do lose weight while taking it, you will can all of that and sometimes more when begin eating again. Please do yourself a favor.....WW is the only plan out there that lets you eat. Just Enjoy Food and Eat Smaller Portions! That is the key to happiness and weight-loss. And if you haven't been successful, ask yourself why? Have you been exercising or not?
Tifftazia is offline   Reply With Quote