How many calories

• How many calories do you allow yourself a day?

I aim for about 1500. I heard someone on here mention varying the calories per day to keep the metabolism revved up. I do that too. I don't have a set amount of calories that I change to each day I just flex them as I see fit. If I have a really low day one day or for a couple days then I will jump up a little higher for a day or two.
  • Hi!

Come join us over at Doin' It The Old Fashioned Way-most of us are calorie counters over there! (Right here in the general diet plans forum) I vary my calories slightly each day as well-they usually are around 1500-but vary a little from day to day from 1350-1800 depending on the day and how heavy my workout is, etc.

Aphil
  • Could you give me the link? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
  • If you are reading this page right now-click on the general diet plans link at the top of the page. The thread should be listed in the general diet plans forum.
    You are on that forum right now...just in a different thread (subject).
  • I shoot for 1500 but I dind't know y ou should vary it, I will have t do that. today I am eating out and will be having around 1650 or so so this will be my first variation... jaleopeno burger here I come!!!!