General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:23 AM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Cool Winter Plan...How will you plan it?

Having celebrated the longest night on Dec. 22, it is time to formualte a plan for the winter months. Oh, for me it is the hardest time of year. One must fight the urge to hibernate on the couch, under the blanket, in front of the TV, with snacks. Well those are my baser instincts. But that behavior isn't going to do much for my waistline. For the rest of December my plan is to drink a lot of water every day, to exercise every day, to eat vegetables every day. To find a place to hide the cookies so they aren't on my mind 24/7.....

ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:26 AM   #2  

Hi everyone,

Thank you for starting a new thread, ledom. Since I am unable to stick to any one plan for very long, right after Christmas is over I have decided to stop dieting and start to eat healthier, and move more. I will eat whole foods, nothing processed, eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm satisfied. I have already started that process, but leading up to Christmas, I'm eating the wrong foods. That is my plan for December and 2005.

ledom, did you get much snow in that storm? We couldn't believe the amount of snow some places were getting.

In case I don't post tomorrow, I want to wish you all a :merry:
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:46 AM   #3  
Chick

Yes Alice, we did get the winter storm. We have about 5 inches of snow and it will be around for a while as temps aren't supposed to reach even the freezing mark until Christmas Day. It is delightful to be snowed in and to anticipate a white Christmas here in the south. Merry Christmas to you all too.

As far as my plan - well, what I lined out in the earlier post is my plan through the holidays. I would be setting myself up for failure if I vowed more than that - on the other hand it's getting me headed in the right direction. I am sad to say that the last 2 months have been slipshod and I am feeling it in my clothes. A sure sign that I am in trouble. I don't won't to slip any further down the slipplery slope so if I can maintain some semblance until I can rid the house of Christmas goodies I'll live with that.

My plan for 2005 is circulating in my brain now - am planning to spend some time with a new journal which I plan to keep for the coming year. I hope to make into a scrapbook as well with inspirational pictures and articles. BFL is my guide, but I do find I am a bit tired of some of the food I have been eating for a couple years now. I think calorie counting is going to be a big part of my new plan.

Just finished 35 minutes on the treadmill and a chest workout.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:11 PM   #4  

Hi, a new aboard sounds neat. I plan to watch my water and my carbs and stick to my plan... i have 2 lbs to lose. have loss 2 this week. so tomorrow will tell it. if i do not reach goal then got one week to do it. i will hve to just be good. Oh snow that is a snow storm for sure. they say after christmas maybe here. i am hoping not for sure anytime. ha our snow is just icy and i hate it.. I bet yours is pretty Ledom. we have lived where it is and i enjoyed it. Well today is cleaning day for me and tomorrow baking day. got my splenda to use in some things. so going to be good with it and all. as last year i was doing so good and got off holidays and blew it totally went in for a check up and was a debetic added to it. so this year i want it to be good when i go in first of year.

Aleka, your doing it the right way. keep off mind till after first of year. I know you will do good. we have to decided what is good for each of us.. I always try to remember the good i have done with my program and not think of the bad days. helps me to. Woof says tuffy to lacee...
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #5  
Chick

Happy Christmas Eve's Gift to you all.

We are still snowed in though we do plan to venture out for a bit at mid-day after the traffic has had a chance to melt things a little, all the melt and slush froze again last night and now there is a problem with black ice. Still DD has not finished her shopping and I need a couple things from the grocery store so we'll venture out.

I just finsihed a great workout - 45 minutes on the treadmill and shoulder and triceps strength training.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:18 PM   #6  

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD DAY. I HAVE SO FAR. getting ready to go over to grandbabies and spend day. can hardly wait. tuffy was so cute this morning. not seeing good waited on that nose of his and then he went into his snacks. ha got some cute pictures.. well have a good day but do not over do. ha i plan not to... but i will enjoy.. as tomorrow is a new day... LaDean
Old 12-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #7  
Chick

LaDean, I hope you had fun with your family yesterday. My day was very nice. Alice and Judi - what's up?

Just finished 45 minutes on the treadmill and legs. Feeling better with some good workouts behind me. We STILL have snow.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:46 AM   #8  

Good morning,

I hope you all had a lovely holiday. It poured buckets here most of the day with a few claps of thunder in the mix.

A girlfriend of mine sent me some Boston Terrier slippers. They look just like stuffed animals, complete with heads, tails, and paws. I affectionately call them "The Twins". Lacee does not like them at all. She attacks them everytime they're on my feet and I'm walking across the floor. DH & I have been in hysterics with her antics. She is so funny!

LaDean, hope you had a good day with your family. Glad that Tuffy had a good Christmas. Lacee made out like a bandit.

ledom, good for you on getting on the treadmill. I have to get exercising again. I've put on the weight that I had already lost. Back to eating healthy again. Our next door neighbor came over Christmas Day with a huge plate of Italian cookies his wife made. They were delicious. DH & I made short work of them I can assure you.

judi, how was your holiday?

Well, girls, DH was outside earlier and reported that the roof of my car was covered with FROST and there was so much on the windshield that one would need a scraper to get off. I moved to FL for this????

Have a great day everyone.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:07 AM   #9  
Chick

Red face

Morning girls - I have added a tracker. What fun!

Alice, what is it about Christmas cookies? My mother insists on baking them every year. Of course she has total control over how she eats them, DD and I start the season with the best of intentions, even putting off the day we bring them into the house. And then all he!! breaks lose. We threw out the last dozen or so this a.m. Anyway, there are still three things in the house that I must resist, I am just naming them over and saying to myself today you will not eat this, this and this.

I am starting my good behavior today. Have high hopes for this year. Now that I have a tracker I can watch and see how well I am doing. Suspect the first 5 lbs. will go pretty fast as they came on pretty fast, then the work really begins.

Last edited by ledom; 12-27-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:16 PM   #10  

Hi, scales are up some today.. but hey got till friday. i am back to plan this morning for good now.. i got to reach goal this week for sure. so i plan to do it. glad everyone else is ready to start new year to.. we can and we will do it. have a great day all. its a new day so go for it.. LaDean
Old 12-28-2004, 12:11 PM   #11  
Chick

Morning girls - I finished my workout. Today I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and an arm workout. Not working has such an impact on how much easier it is for me to workout. I can do it when I work too but it takes so much more determination. I just have to start pumping myself up now for Jan. 17 when I must get myself up earlier and not dawdle so long over computer and coffee. You see, I want to make some good headway the rest of winter and early spring so that when school is out and I have 8 delicious workfree months ahead of me I already have a headstart on making this the year I lose the weight. Yesterday was my best eating day in a long time. Hope to make today good as well.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:52 PM   #12  

how do i get my wt slider trader on here
Old 12-28-2004, 08:02 PM   #13  

hi how do you put the tracker on here. i got it figured out and saved it to my pictures. but no idea how i move it to here> so let me know please i love it so cute///
Old 12-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #14  
Chick

LaDean,

At the end after you see what it looks like, scroll down to the middle box and copy that code. Then select Edit Signature (I think that's what it is) on the menu to the left, paste the code you copied to the signature box and submit. The next time you post it should appear.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:52 PM   #15  

Ledom. thanks so much. i just got it figured out. have been with this . decided to stay with it till i got it. ha ha then when i finally did noticed you had came on. so thanks so much.. I love it and its so cute. ha My day has been good. i have to reach goal this week to graduate with my tops friend this spring. and also to be our best loser in group for year. so i am praying alot. and trying hard. i wanted it so bad the week before christmas as i knew i would be up christmas. but guess its making me buckle down and work hard for it. sometimes that is how it is. we have to work for it. ha so i sure am. i walked this evening and also last nite. trying to keep busy. well thanks again. Hope everyone had a good day.. LaDean