General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 02:26 AM   #61  

Hi aleka and Ledom. so happy your thanksgivings was so nice. i am so thankful my family were all here and i can fix for them. but the left overs are a thing to. i have been good. just up 2 lbs to go. so hopefully.. know what you mean Ledom, that is me with the exercise. now i love it. but just do not know why i cannot get back into it. i each day say this is the one. and couple weeks ago it was. now back in a rut. got a cold now but is worth it got it playing outdoors with grandbabies and playing soccer. so i loved every minute of it cold or no cold. ha ha was a cold day to. ha oh well i will live. ha yes i weigh daily so i except what is. as i know its up some and down some. i have gotten off some on carbs. but trying to get that amt for me. ha well Judi hey yes where are you???? miss you lots... we at least are keeping this board going. so that is good. Have a great week you all. LaDean
Old 12-01-2004, 07:30 AM   #62  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Morning girls - what's up?

I am happy to report I have 4 days in a row now of good eating and exercising. I will really try to be consistent with this. Having a little break at Thanksgiving really helped me get turned around.

DD gave me a diskman for my birthday and I have been to the library to check out books on CD. Yesterday I doubled my time on the treadmill while listening to Daniele Steele. I have to say this is more my beach reading choice, but something light seemed right to me. I also checked out the best movie - Middlemarch - that I have been watching a little each night.

The semester is winding down, 2 1/2 more weeks. The students are stressed out, but my work is slowing down - except for grading that is. Not much in new lessons to prepare though. DD will be performing in a one act play next week and I'm looking forward to that. I have really enjoyed sharing her passion for theater - really seeing a lot of good plays and just enjoy hearing about all she is learning.

Not a lot of news this morning but just wanted to report that I am back on track.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #63  

Ledom, good for you glad to hear your back to plan and doing good. that is great. well i made a stew yesterday. would not think not eating the potatoes i would gain. but did. so i just said i am going to eat right now. gain or not gain. ha just in that mood this morning. ha i need to get back to exercise as been off it for awhile. and i will. my cold is just not the best so makes me feel ucky.ha

I hope everyone a good day. LaDean
Old 12-03-2004, 07:45 AM   #64  

Default its me...judi

Hi! Congratulations to all who have...lost weight had a birthday and celebrated thanksgiving !!

I am home after 2 months on the road...it was a wonderful holiday but I am glad to be in a house that isn't moving.

Diet assessment (sp.??) Ten pounds up

What is living in Florida like Alice?

I am starting treadmilling today. I am not going to think about it..just do it.

I have done all my Christmas shopping and am going to address cards today. Christmas shopping was minimal because over the last few years we have cut way back and up-ed our charitable giving which makes us happier.

When we were driving back we drove thru Banff on 1A (not the main route), it was awesome. There was just us and the falling snow and the moonlight and the mountains so that put me in a Christmas frame of mind.

Hope to be able to write some good diet news soon.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:52 AM   #65  
Chick

Welcome home Judi!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #66  

Welcome back Judi! Your trip does sound awesome. I'm so happy that you were able to do such a long trip. Living in FL is very different than NH. It didn't seem like Thanksgiving, nor does it seem like Christmas is fast approaching. I'm so used to the cold and snow. Glad to see you're back.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:47 AM   #67  

Judi, welcome back. so happy your trip was so good. and fun and pretty. i love the fall my favorite time of year. Know what you mean aleka i bet living where there is sun all year round it would be hard. like i said i love fall and i love diffrerent seasons to with weather. I am not a sun person. ha has been cold here. going to get out christmas decorations this weekend and get them out. get in mood. our town has alittle parade in the am. was going to go but my cold and its so cold out.. has been sad 3 days here. had to give away our outdoor dog. she just was not one for city and chained up. hubby said he could no longer do it to her. so i Know shes more happy and all. even though shes missed alot. no longer has to be chained has her freedom. so its worth that to me. I prayed along time about it.. was the answer. tuffy is doing ok. so thankful for that. I have been riding my exercise bike lately.. well have a great weekend to all. LaDean
Old 12-10-2004, 08:03 PM   #68  

Good day friends. missing you. i gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks. so was not to worried. i am just going to put this goal out of mind. ha ha maybe then it will come to. so now 2 away. but i will not let it get any futher away. back to being good i mean good with those darn carbs.ha so its been a good day... hope it has for all of you . have a great weekend. LaDean
Old 12-12-2004, 10:16 PM   #69  

Default HI! Its me JUDI

Hello everyone! Its judi...I got another computer and lost my login somewhere along the line.

Well, I am back on the wagon or 3 days now. I rejoined WW online, I am still with the point system. Are you still doing WW online Alice?

Ledom, is "Middlemarch" the BBC production of it? I have seen it. It is good. Those are the kind of things I like to watch. We went to the library today, first time in a couple of years and I brought back movies, books etc. The "new" me is not going to by everything on Amazon.com anymore.

The kids are going to Hawaii with the other in laws, so Christmas will be quiet.

Glad Tuffy is still doing good and hanging in there. I am taking very good care of Marley, frying him an egg every morning (I don't even do that for the DH), giving him tuna and boiled potatoes for supper periodically trying to make him last and set a longevity record for Lhasa Apso's.

We have been getting rain and more rain here. We had a bit of snow and that made it seem a bit festive but it quickly melted.

Hope to hear from you all soon.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:13 AM   #70  

Good morning,

It has gotten a wee bit chilly here. It's in the 40's overnight, then during the day it gets into the 60's. It's like our fall weather in NH.

I cannot get over how elaborate some people down here decorate their houses at Christmas. Some are very tasteful..some are not. Someone recommended that DH & I go to this one street where every single house on the street is decorated. We went the other night and it was a real "jaw dropper" . They even had lights strung on their lawns. DH & I plan to go back and take some pics.

Went to a local wildlife preserve one night last week. Until Dec. 26th, I believe, they're having a Christmas lights display walking tour. It really was quite nice. We did take some pics and DH got some Flamingos a little disturbed, as you could hear them making noise.

ledom, how was your D's play? I bet she was good in it. How are the dieting and exercising coming along? It won't be long now before you're on break, if you're not already.

Haven't heard from esteban in a long time, judi. BTW, how is he doing? Glad to hear that Mr. Marley is doing well. Eggs are good for dogs coats too. Glad to hear that you rejoined WW online and that you've been really good. No, I don't do WW online, it doesn't give me the incentive I need to keep me on the straight and narrow. But, I am again toying with the idea of joining WW this week. That's wonderful news for your D that she'll be in Hawaii for Christmas. I understand they do Christmas big over there. Hawaii is one of my favorite places. Where in Hawaii will she be? I know you're going to miss her and your grandson. Will you be dog sitting?

LaDean, sorry about the weight gain, but it's that time of year. It's only a temporary thing. How's Tuffy?

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:40 AM   #71  

Esteben,,,,oh a new name i like. i will have to get use to it. ha and i will. glad your back on board. ha I never knew dogs could eat tuna.... so they can.. I thought it would posion them. do not know where i heard that. Ha tuffy is fine. spoiled like all of them are. He went in for his rabie shot and she said he has cateracts on his little eyes. one is no sight and the other one partial site. but at his age just leaving it be.. anyhows he says woooffffff to all his little online friends... I am doing ok on my plan just got back to being more strick this week. i was adding to many carbs. not really realizing it i think.ha so i want a good loss this week. glad your back with ww online. it does help some. I just never got use to it really. but glad its helping you and all. Oh Hawaii. my daughter lived there for over 2 years she loved it.. never been..

aleka,,, you will find your plan and you will go for it. you have before and you will this time to. if it be ww or what ever i wish you the best of luck. Yes they put lites on lawns here and all over to. so pretty. I took a walk last nite and to see lites in neighbor hood. we usually drive around also and see them. i love doing that. I am getting ready to take my morning walk.just as soon as it shows lite outside. ha I have not walked in awhile. so last nite showed me get with it. My cold is over now so thankful for that. i miss my walking for sure. it was so nice here yesterday and last nite a lite wind and so warm. is this morning also.

Ledom. hope your day is going good. after first of year i am getting to library and get some books on tapes. i think i will like them exercising.. good luck to you and to all and have a good week. LaDean
Old 12-14-2004, 06:49 AM   #72  
Chick

Hey, it is good to hear from everyone. Guys I am still struggling - it is to the point where I am afraid to step on the scale! Just do not know what has gotten into me. But, today is a new day and I am off work for almost a month - hopefully having some time off will help me regroup and get it going again.

I probably will finally lose my annual flowers from last nights hard freeze. We have had a light frost a couple times but it finally got really cold. Lows in the 20's and teens and highs in the 40's. It was time.

I haven't decorated for Christmas much. I have put out my annual wreaths on the garage and turned on the lights on the outdoor tree but that is it. Maybe today....I do like the way my house looks when I get it together. My garage is joined to the house by a breezeway and it is a salt box type structure painted white. It is double and has two pairs of large barn type doors. The tradition is for my mother to make me two cedar wreaths w/ big red bows and holly for the garage. My house is Dutch Revival and I put electric candles in the windows so it is very traditional and christmasy looking - I really need to get those up. We cut a cedar tree from the woods (don't have that yet, I like it to be really fresh for christmas), and then there is a fir tree in the back yard that is strung with lights. And I call it a day after I get that done - if I have a Christmas party I do luminarios. Gotta get busy on all this. Don't even mention Christmas cards, though I do have MOST of my shopping done.

My little cat family is doing well. Rosie had her spay surgery last week and is recovering well, Buster is growing really fast, he is a couple months younger than Rosie and already bigger than her. He is very light w/ very dark points and really thick, dense fur. He looks like he is made of velvet. Tweeg is her usual grouchy self (not to us but to the other cats.)

Have a good day all.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:55 AM   #73  

Ledom., you will get back with it. a good time is after holidays. i have been not good with mine either. been off on carbs. and to many of them. so this week have gone to less again... and not the starcy ones. oh your cats sound so pretty and know they are. so cute they have different personalities to. our babies. ha my tuffy he has his days and so cute to watch at times. but he manages so good toget around and all. has some accidents and falls or runs into thins. but just adjusts to it and all. is remarkable what they can do... well just take your plan a day at a time. your place sounds so pretty and know it is when you are all done. we got what few lites i put up and the tree.

Hope all of you have a great day..... LaDean
Old 12-14-2004, 09:54 PM   #74  
Chick

Well LaDean, you're right that after Christmas is good time to get back with it but I really don't want to wait. No big Christmas partys on my agenda and I don't bake. On Christmas day there will be a lot of food around but that should be the only day. I am going to do my best to be good before and after the holiday. Today was much better foodwise. My schedule didn't include exercising though because I spent the day buying a new car!!! I didn't wake up with that in mind but I had an appt. to have a car repair done - when the mechanics got hold of it they found another serious problem and all of a sudden I was looking at a $1000 repair bill. The car has 195.000 miles on it and I must have a dependable car. So, I bought a 2003 model w/ only 15,000 miles on it. Another CR-V, it's so pretty, silver. Anyway, my day veered off into a totally unpredicted direction and there was no time for exercise. Just now got home and DD has a flat on her car so looks like tomorrow morning will be spent dealing w/ her car problems. A long story, but I will end up carting her back to university for her finals, the first one at 8 in the a.m. and we live an hour away from school. I am off, but not really off yet it seems! Even so, it is nice to have the time to take care of these emergencies.

Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:26 AM   #75  

Good morning all,

ledom, I am so sorry about your car problems. How is the new one running? My favorite cousin drives a CR-V and loves it. Did you get a freeze last night? It got quite cold here, down into the 30's and it's only supposed to be in the 60's. I guess I'm singing a different tune these days. When I lived in NH the 60's were enough cause to don some shorts and a T/shirt. Your house sounds lovely. We've put our tree up and a few decorations inside. We bought 2 sets of those netted lights for a couple bushes near the house. They seemed to be the right size, but one barely covered the bush and the other one already had bulbs burnt out. Glad that your cat family is doing well and that Buster has adjusted well to his new home.

LaDean, sorry to hear about Tuffy having cataracts. It's so sad to see them get old. But, he'll get around just fine as long as you don't move any furniture around. You'll get back on track.

esteban (judi), how is WW coming along?

Have a good day all.
Closed Thread