General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 11:00 AM   #1  

I had to report a spammer so I think MrsJim deleted our whole thread-- SO I started another one for us.

Sorry-- but the power diet guy (spammer) was trying to sell stuff.

Anyway I also wanted to let LisaSue know how sorry I am that she had to go through that with her husband-- how scary!! You are talking Wake up call!! Good luck to both of you----- wow!

Well, I'm not going to rewrite my whole post from before-- I will check in later. Sorry it had to be deleted but we can start anew here.

Have a great day-- I wish EVERYONE sunshine-- we need here in CT!

Amy

PS-- thank you MrsJim-- next time I will use the link "report to 3fc"-- I didn't realize I could just do that. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2001, 12:20 PM   #2  

Default I wondered what happened to our thread ....

Hi,

Amy: I went looking for #28 this morning and it was gone! Too bad the entire thread had to be deleted, I must've missed the spam guy.

LisaSue: I missed what happened to your husband. I hope he is okay?

Things are going well here. Same old drill - work all day, study all night. :-P The good news is I have lost another 1-1/2 pounds, so I am now ....

158!!!

Woo!!! When I get to 155 I am going to buy myself a reward, although I'm not sure what yet. Maybe something pretty to wear for Spring from one of my fave stores.

Better get to work, hope all is well.

Sabrina
171.5/158!!!/135
Old 04-03-2001, 06:45 PM   #3  
I WILL get to my goal!

Default New To The Zone

Hi! Okay, I finally did it. I just ordered a used "Enter The Zone" diet book from Amazon.com.

I have never been on this diet but I have heard so many good things about it. Does anyone that is familiar with this diet have any advice or tips for me? My problem is that I do not stick to diets very well unless it had lots of variety and doesn't starve me.

I need to lose about 40 to 45 pounds. I am trying not to give myself a strict deadline, but I would like to enter 2002 with my new weight.

So, anyone have any tips, advice, warnings, ect for me?

Last edited by duchessnicole; 04-03-2001 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2001, 01:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168

Hi Zoners!

Have been away from the thread a bit - just too much other stuff going on and probably because I don't have any good news to report. I will be doing great for a couple of days and then just start munching on cookies, wheat thins, ice cream etc. Feel like 'I deserve it" kind of mentality

Sabrina: I would love to see 155 again. Just have been gaining a few pounds every now and then so now to get down to 155 is a challenge instead of a few days of light eating.
Lisa Sue: Hope all is okay with your husband. Like Sabrina, I missed your posting on #28 thread.
Jakeswoman: Are you still doing so great. You are such an inspiration. Are you still combining weight watchers?

I was traveling a bit so wasn't able to work out. Finally got together with my personal trainer and had a great workout - why don't I do this more often! Little bit sore today but in a nice way. It always gets me perked up so that I start on the Zone again.

Anyway, have to get some bills paid - haven't even started taxes YUCK

Take care everyone and welcome to all the recent new people posting.
Happy Zoning
Old 04-06-2001, 06:44 PM   #5  

Default sabrina1

Hi all,

I'm bored at work, trying to make it another 15 minutes or so before I take off for the weekend. Our company has recently undergone some restructuring, and I've been in sort of a holding pattern for the last couple of weeks as they figure out where my team fits into the bigger picture. The good news is, we met with the new Senior VP earlier today and it looks like plenty of exciting, cutting-edge stuff is on the horizon. Thank goodness, because I hate being bored!!!

Duchess Nicole: Welcome. I guess my only advice would be to find a copy of Mastering the Zone and use that the supplement Enter the Zone. Mastering the Zone is lot more reader-friendly, and it's easier to make sense of the whole thing.

Lisa Sue: We haven't heard from you - how are you doing?

Ann: Nice to see you post again. Sounds like you have been busy travelling, and I know just how difficult it is to stick with eating properly and exercising when you're on the road.

Well, I'd better wrap this up and get ready to leave for the weekend. Thank goodness for weekends!

Sabrina
Old 04-08-2001, 11:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 168

Hi Gang,

I really have to get motivated as I my waistbands have been getting tighter and tighter. Will try to stay as close to the zone as possible starting this week. In addition will start walking again.

Received somewhat of a promotion at work where I now surpervise four other sales executives. It is interesting and gives my job a new twist, however, it is more work. Whenever I start feeling overwhelmed at work then I don't workout and eat properly and unfortunately I am now more overwhelmed than ever. It is somewhat nice with the dot.com slowdown. San Francisco's economy was just going crazy and everything was rush rush rush with highways filled with traffic. Our traffic problems has eased up a bit with all the layoffs and some people are now moving out of state. Just trying to find that darn life balance everyone talks about!!!

Will keep you posted as I want to just make a small dent in my weight this week - would be thrilled with two pounds! Take care everyone and happy zoning

Ann W
Old 04-09-2001, 09:11 AM   #7  

Hi Gang:

Everything is going pretty good here.
Hubby is doing fine. Please don't think I'm cruel, but I've actually NOT pampered him as he'd like me to. Since the heart scare, (no heart attack, Thank GOD) he want's to take it easy (and I did too at first) but I had to get him outside walking, but he wanted to take a leisurely stroll and we did the first three times that we've walked, then (without being too obvious, I've increased the pace slightly each time) and he's feeling much better. Since I've cut calories with him, I dropped a total of 6 lbs. and I have 9 more to go to be at my goal weight, but now, I need to work on toning up some. I'm so happy to be at 149, but I am SCARED! How do I keep off what's taken me a whole year to lose? I've NEVER had this problem before and do I continue doing what I'm doing or what do I do?

Anyhow, I know hubby's scared and thinks that one day he could have a heart attack, with his high blood pressure and high cholestrol, I'm sure it's a possibility with him, but I told him that he can't sit back and let things happen and not do anything other than count calories. (we have the same wonderful doctor, so I didn't just assume he could move it a little faster without talking with the doctor). He has an appointment today and he's worried about his weight, but I think he's starting to look better in the face and around the chin area, looks like he's lost a bit.

He thinks it was more stress related and anxiety, and I believe he just might be right with this. With the stressful job and one of his best buddies/co-worker was dying of liver cancer (and sadly he did) was only 48, and hubby turns 50 this summer, I know there was quite a bit on his mind.

Well, I'm sorry to have babbled on and on, and I thank all of you for asking.

I hope everyone stays OP and gets/stays motivated --we're having beautiful weather....smells so good outside too, major thunderstorms last night, so it smells like the earth and spring!

Take care
Old 04-10-2001, 04:54 PM   #8  

Hi Gang,
Amy, I think the last thread was doomed from the start! First of all I used the wrong number. I missed the spammer. Thank you for taking care of the situation for us.
Sabrina, congratulations on your loss of 1 1/2 pounds. It sounds like some new exciting things will be happening with your work.
Duchess Nicole, welcome. Sabrina is right about Mastering the Zone being an easier read. Also you might want to check out www.zoneperfect.com and www.drsears.com there is information, testimonials and recipes on these sites.
Ann, congratulation on your promotion.
LisaSue, I am sorry you have had such a scare with hubby's health. Have you put him on the zone? It would certainly bring down the blood pressure and cholesterol numbers quickly. Would he be interested? You are smart to get him out walking.
I've had my first good week in awhile and lost 4.5 pounds. that's the good news, the bad is I still have to lose what I gained when I went off the diet at the end of the year. But I have made a start. We are leaving for Vegas early next week. Talk about lots of temptation.
I will check in before we go away and see how everyone is doing.
Keep the faith!
Maureen
Old 04-12-2001, 04:30 PM   #9  

Hi Gang:

Maureen: WTG on the 4.5 loss! That's fantastic!

Hubby has been on the Zone (but it didn't work with his snacking) and he gave up and packed on the weight. I've been preparing Zone meals for dinner and I even have him switched from scrambled eggs to Egg beaters and much leaner deli ham/turkey breast etc. I don't think he realizes it neither, but we've been eating chicken and salmon like crazy lately, but a combination of calorie counting and the Zone is working for him. He's lost 7 lbs. so far.

Ann: Congrats on your promotion at work. I'm sure things will even out and you'll be back on track in no time. Just think how fast time flies. phew!

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous here. I've been doing fine, but not great, but then again, not bad either. It just doesn't "Feel" like its gonna be a good morning. But we'll see.

Take care all and have a great day!
Lisa
Old 04-13-2001, 10:17 AM   #10  

Good Morning!!

Well-- midmorning! It is spring break for me and my kids so I plan on not keeping track of time! We need this break so badly!! What a long winter!

Everyone seems to be doing well-- A big pat on the back, LisaSue for your husband!! He is on is way to healthier living!

Ann-- Congrats on your promotion. You are like Power Woman-- the promotions and traveling and raising kids, I really admire you!

Maureen-- 4.5 pounds WOW!! Doesn't it feel good to be back on track--- you must be so happy-- and your motivation high! My sister is coming in from Buffalo today-- we will have our niece with us for a week because she has spring break up there and for once her vacation matches with my kids. My sister has lost 51 pounds since October (2000) so I am anxious to see her!

How is school going Sabrina??

Hello to DuchessNicole, I don't think I welcomed you yet.

Well I lost another 2 pounds. I am really slowing down. I was this weight 3 weeks ago-- had a set back and it has taken two weeks to pull it back together to get back to 162. But I am still determined as ever-- THIS IS MY YEAR!!! I have changed my goal from 150 top 145 so I have 17 to go-- THAT IS IT. I CAN DO THIS!! I started my running training and I am hoping this program will kick my butt and get me into the 150's before April is over. I am doing 2.5- 3.1 miles 3-4X a week-- my goal is 5 miles per run. We have some great hills so the terrain is excellent on the legs and the lungs! It has been warm enough to run outside and I AM LOVING IT!

I had to send back a dress I ordered-- a petite (I am pretty short!) large because it was too big-- I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!! I had to order a medium. I really do not remember the last time I wore a medium anything!! This is the biggest deal to me!! You know it just goes to show you can't just use the scale to measure your body-- I mean I am still overweight but because of all the exercise my body shape is tight and small enough for a medium (well one dress is a medium, everything else is a large). I haven't been able to shop in Lane Bryant or any "Women's" store in about 3 or 4 months and now I am into a regular medium-- WOW! Can you guys see my head swelling?

Anyway-- I am so glad you all are still posting when you can-- I believe the support system I have built for myself has been real key and instrumental in my success and you guys are a big part of that system! Some of you have been around since 1999 (right? longer? 98?) for me. Thanks! It is so good to have good friends along on a long long journey!

Have a great Easter/Passover!

Remember keep everything in perspective and your eyes on the goal or mini-goal!

Amy aka Jakeswoman
225/215/170's forever!/162 (now)/145 (soon)
Old 04-14-2001, 09:28 PM   #11  

Hi Kids,
I just want to wish everyone a nice Easter or Passover.
We leave tomorrow afternoon for Vegas and will return on Friday.
Lisa, you are doing well by your hubby. Good for you. I'm sure he is grateful to you.
Amy have a great visit with your sis and niece. I had been wondering how she was doing. Wow 51 pounds, between her, you and your mom, you guys are melting away!!
Maureen
Old 04-15-2001, 07:36 PM   #12  
I WILL get to my goal!

Thanks to everyone that responded to my first post.

I just recieved the book I have been waiting for to get into "The Zone". I have "Enter The Zone". I just read the important parts of it and have just figured out my Protein, Carbo., and Fat blocks.

I need 9 blocks a day. Now, the next step is to stick to it and get used to knowing what I can and can't eat by eyesight rather than carrying that book every where I go.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how you do this?
Old 04-19-2001, 02:34 PM   #13  

Hello Everyone:

Duchessnicole: I still write things down in a note book, I try and plan my days, sometimes one day at a time, or rather one meal at a time, because I tend to "change my mind" and am not in the mood say for example, tuna, I'll rather have chicken instead and after crossing off so many meals, I just plan it meal by meal.

I always try and have lean protien, with veggie soup or salad/fruit, etc... but I still depend on the Zone bars whenever I need to eat something, but there aren't many options around. Instead of hitting the fast food places for burgers and fries, I'll have a zone bar and order a diet soda or coffee, or even iced tea. It'll come to you ...sooner than you think it will. Just keep at it and you'll see how much it becomes second nature.

Did you see they have a small paper back book of I think it's MTZ, or the best food choices for staying in the Zone.

I hope everyone is doing well and hope to talk with you guy's again soon.

Take care.

Lisa
Old 04-23-2001, 05:45 PM   #14  
Call me BuBu

Default I'm Back

Wow, been gone three weeks and look what happens. Mr. Spam, was he the one on ephedrine and caffeine? Just wondering. He was kinda scary...

You girls all go!

Had an *amazing* vacation. We spent Easter Sunday on the beach in Kauai, all day... In the water 8-10 times a day, snorkelling and swimming against some of the highest surf of the year. Awesome. DH cooked fresh fish and farmers market veggies every day, and I went a little OffP in terms of papaya smoothies with those little sugar bananas - it's not hard to give up bananas again because the commercial ones taste like styrofoam now!

Also had to break down and have some kettle chips from Maui, my twice a year thing - vacation and xmas I have to have those salty treats. We did pretty well on the macadamia nuts - didn't overdo. We did buy one batch of special local cake which was too sweet even for Mr. Sweet Tooth himself! It took him two weeks to finish a couple of slices, I couldn't eat any because it gave me a headache and immediate sugar shock. Ugh.

Boy, Hawaiians eat a lot of sugar. Is it just me or are the foods in the US pickled in high fructose corn syrup more than Canadian ones? Everything, and I mean everything, has that yucky stuff in it. We came back via Washington State and I had to leave Fred Meyer asap because I was getting dizzy from the sensory overload - the selection of junk food is unreal - how does anyone resist? I don't know.

Waiting for DH to go back on the road so I can get back with the program - he's starting to show an interest in it (and looking fabulous with all that swimming I might add...) but since we've got back we've been putting the house back together after painting, so it's been a great excuse to order Chinese food (too busy to cook) and drink the champagne we've been stockpiling in the garage fridge. Yeah yeah yeah. Life's too short for *total* deprivation, and we won't see each other much for the rest of the summer, so that's another great excuse, ain't it?

Anyway, my clothes are still loose - I'm actually wearing the pants I couldn't get into last spring! - and soon enough I'll be back at the gym, in the pool and out on the bike (DH is getting a new one next week...) and getting started on the next 15 lbs. Can't wait.

Happy spring!
Old 04-23-2001, 08:33 PM   #15  
I WILL get to my goal!

LisaSue: Thanks for your advice. I do need to buy that book for more food choices.

Closed Thread