General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 11:13 AM   #1  

Question

hi everyon i am havin a hard time lsin here and was thinkin of doin the hollywood diet to get a start ..would love to hear if anyone has had success atit or any failure with the diet or if anyone has info on it..i just need a quick boost to get m started..thank you and good uck to all..
Old 04-21-2001, 03:22 AM   #2  

OK EVERYONE..I START THIS DIET IN THE MORNING..SO LETS SEE HOW IT GOES..WISH ME LUCK.I WILL TELL YOUALL HOW I GOES ON MONDAY..
SEE YAS LATER
Old 04-21-2001, 07:47 AM   #3  
Vegetarian

I am embarrased to admit it, but yes, I bought it, and tried it to give my weight loss journey a boost. I can't really say if it works or not, because with the first glass, I got a terrible headache and dizzy spells. It also made me sick to my stomach. Luckily, I bought it at GNC, and just returned it for a full refund, so that was cool.
No matter what the claims say, I do not believe it to be healthy at all. It is just watered fruit with vitamins.
But, let us know how it affects you, maybe it was just me.
Christy
Old 04-21-2001, 10:36 AM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Hollywood diet

If any of you are considering doing this "Hollywood Diet" you may want to consider the following:

** Basically, this is just an expensive three day fast. There aren't any magic ingredients in that overpriced juice. And of course, the promoters of this product never say exactly what 'stars' have used it (I heard that Paula Abdul is SUING the company for saying she used it when she never heard of the product).

**Most of what you lose during the three days is water - which comes back very quickly! The rest of the weight lost, rather than fat, will be muscle weight, which you don't want to lose.

**Probably because I just found out recently that my father has adult-onset diabetes, I'm a lot more aware of what consuming a high amount of sugar does to your body. Eating some sugar is okay - it normally turns up in a lot of fruits and veggies, and in fact human breast milk has sugar in it as well. But when you spend three days consuming 100% of your calories from sugar, that can't be very healthy for you.

**Worst of all, you are really playing games with your metabolism - your body will go into starvation mode and make it more difficult for you to lose fat (which is what we REALLY want to lose, right??).

Bottom line is - if you want to lose weight, do so slowly - doing a fast is identical to having the stomach flu for a few days - I usually lose 5-8 pounds during the few times I get the flu. But a week later (or less) voila! my body corrects itself and the weight is back.

Also, it couldn't hurt to consult with your doctor before trying this...
Old 04-22-2001, 10:58 AM   #5  

HEY EVERYONE WELL I LOST 1 POUND SINCE YESTERDAY ON THIS DIET..BUT I CHEATED ALSOLAST NIGHT I ATE SUPPER ..AND THING IS I DIDNT REALLY HAVE TO BECAUSE I WASNT HUNGRY ITS JUST HABIT!!!!!! A BAD ONE I HAVE ..WELL THIS IS D ON THE DIET SO LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS TODAY,AND I THINK IT TASTE GREAT I LOVE IT,,AND I HAVE HD NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL...WELL I WILL POST TOMM ..BYE
Old 04-23-2001, 03:29 PM   #6  

OK EVERYODY I WEIGHED TODAY AFTER THE 48 HOURS AND LOST 4 LBS AD THAT WAS EVEN CHEATING AND EATING SUPPER..SO THATS PRETTY GOOD I THINK.I FEEL GOOD O.SO I MIGHT DO THI ONCE A MONTH.BYE FOR NOW KIDS ARE HOME..
Old 05-03-2001, 05:51 PM   #7  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Liquid Diets

Yeah, I agree with MrsJim, Kooshie.

It makes sense - if you don't eat, you're going to lose weight. So, you will be losing weight from it, but you might just end up gaining it right back again!

I'm not against you losing weight, but when you lose weight, in order to maintain a certain weight, you have to be consistently doing the same things as far as eating habits. Once you start eating again, you may just gain it all back, even if you are watching what you eat.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...I don't have statistics and facts, just using logic.

If you're wanting a "quick" start, try Slim Fast I guess. At least that way you'd be able to eat dinner. But even with that plan, in order to keep the weight off that you gain, you will have to replace at least one meal with SF .. it says so on the package.

Girlie
Old 05-07-2001, 12:44 PM   #8  

Default 48 hour diet

I just started the diet today... So far I am alittle hungry and tired, but I am only 4 hours into it.

In the biblical days they went on fast all the time to cleanse the soul, so maybe doing this for two days and then slowly get back into eating the 'right' kinds of foods will help the body's system and allow it to get back on track.

Hopefully this 'idea' will work. If it does I will be doing it often...

I will keep you updated.

Have a gr8 day...
Old 05-08-2001, 09:25 PM   #9  

hi jt i wish you luck..it worked good for me and after it was over i felt good i thinkit really cleanes your system.i ate supper every night and still lost 4 lbs on it..plz keep m informed on how y ou do..and good luck..we cando this..
Old 05-12-2001, 09:30 PM   #10  
choose it to loose it:)

MrsJim, How long do you have to drink this stuff?? I am on La Weightloss and they have something like that but you do it for 2 days. I don' think I could do it though because B/F I got on the plan I had reflux really bad and I am afraid that it would make it come back again. Plus it is very $$$ and I don't think that they would take it back if it has been opened already.

Neb2
Old 05-13-2001, 11:24 AM   #11  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default I've never done the Hollywood Diet...

...nor would I (re-read my previous post here).

Y'know, I used to work with someone who SWORE by those body wraps - you know, the herbal wraps you get at salons where for $60-70 they slather you with mud or something, then wrap you in Saran Wrap and let you bake for 1/2 hour or so. Despite all the articles and research I showed her proving that whatever inches she lost were just water inches that would come back as soon as her body replaced the depleted fluids, she was going there every two weeks - shelling out all that $$!

The esthiciatian (sp?) that I go to for waxing, occasional massages, etc. has been in the business for well over 20 years and is VERY highly regarded in our area! She told me that she would NEVER offer the body wraps in her salon because she doesn't want to rip off her customers - she prides herself on running an honest business where women feel comfortable, pampered and good about themselves.

Again, I digress - that's why I would never do the Hollywood Diet. It's true that many religions do advocate soul-cleansing through fasting for a day or half-day, but it's not really a recommended way to lose weight - if you put your body in 'starvation mode' for a few days, it will hang onto every single calorie it can when you do start eating normally again!
Old 05-24-2001, 08:51 AM   #12  
Kathy

Default Hollywood Diet

I think juicing is great. I like to do it for 1 or 2 days and you are right it does make you feel great. I think more people should try it each week. It is great for cleansing the system.
Old 05-31-2001, 01:29 AM   #13  

There are two different supplements out there under the Hollywood Diet Name. The one you all are talking about is using the Juice and pills. The other is a diet supplement with St. Johns Wort, Garcinia Cambogia, Vit. B-6 and Vit B-3. It is advertised on a web site Gero Vita International. www.gvi.com, I would be interested in hearing if anyone has taken the non-juice supplement.
Closed Thread