General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-28-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  

Default The right diet plan for me!

Hi there!I've just read a thread here and checked room42(dot)com. They say my basic metabolismo burns 1340 cal a day. I'm trying to follow a diet of 1300 cal a day.They also say I shouldn't go below 1200 cal a day and by following this I'll lose 1 pound every 24 days What do you all think? I'm only 5' tall and weigh about 127 pounds now, want to reach 110. Should I increase my physical activity because I can't go much with the food? Only if I starved myself, and I won't do that, I will begin to see some results! I'm a bit frustrated.. help please!

Kisses and thanks in advance

maat
maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Hi maat,

I think you'd be doing the right thing by increasing your exercise and staying around 1200 calories. You also may want to take a multi-vitamin to ensure good health. To help feel "full" and for other good reasons, be sure to drink lots of water, too.

Good luck!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I would say to keep your calorie level at the 1300-1350 range-and get in more exercise. Namely I recommend a program of cardio AND strength training-because while they both burn calories both do different things for the body. If you do this, the weight loss you calculated will speed up-and you will be reaping the positive health benefits of exercise-such as lower body fat, feeling better and more energetic, and firmer, shapelier muscles.
If you have an ?'s give me a holler.
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote