General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Cool The Plan - Summer Edition

The Plan thread is not based on any one plan, though we all agree having a plan is better than no plan at all. We are currently doing a variety of things, BFL, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, etc. All newbies and lurkers are welcome to join in.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #2  

Hi, this is neat a shorter board and new one.. i feel so good this morning. got a good walk in. sticking to my no sugar and less carbs. more water and exercise this week. i am so happy everyone is doing so good with what plan is best for them. that is why this board is good. as each are different and lose in different ways.. so i wish all of you a good day.. LaDean
Old 06-22-2004, 09:51 AM   #3  

Default Good morning

Ledom, thanks for starting this thread

LaDean it is so nice that you are feeling so good. Keep us posted on your progression with low carbs.

Well, I hoped on the scale a day early and it doesn't look like anything has moved, weigh in day is tomorrow. I am fighting being impatient. I have been using my flex points for junk like low fat frozen yougurt, ice cream & sundae topping. Maybe I should start using them for snap peas. carrots etc. I will try to focus on that for the upcoming week.

We are having wonderful summer weather here. It is nice to be at home to enjoy it.

Alice, you must be so busy with moving. Let us know how things are going.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:02 AM   #4  
Chick

judi - well patience is the name of the game isn't it?!?

I had a bad streak after my last trip, but I am back in control. Weighed yesterday and I am same as before. If I backslid on the scale, at least I didn't know it because I waited to weigh. Can't tell you how encouraged I was to be the same and now I feel like a thrust forward is in order.

Judi, are you keeping up w/ your walking and exercise. That will get the scale moving for you!
Old 06-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #5  

Morning to everyone. just got in from a nice walk, cooler out again this morning so makes a good one. also scales are just up a lb this morning. have been up like 3 start of week then down. so got my work out for me today. that is be GOOD. LOL I was good with plan. just added more carbs and all i think... oh well i keep my food charts so i look back each day.. no sugar a week today again. so that alone is a accomplishment for me. one i love as i feel great and so much better. so taking it one step at a time with this new plan and all. good luck to everyone and i wish you a great day...woooffffffff lacee from tuffy.. LaDean
Old 06-25-2004, 08:10 AM   #6  
Chick

Good morning, how is everyone doing this week? I am having a much better week than last. (Knock on wood), I seem to have come out of plateau mode - keeping to the diet and working out is resulting in some steady losses. Maybe I am doing a better job of the above, but I think it is a little more than that. Perhaps I have built up enough muscle that my metabolism is revved, I don't know but some subtle thing has changed lately. Every 6 months or so I go to JCPenneys and try on a pair of 501 buttonfly jeans. When I was in my 20's I had a pair and they are a symbol of good times for me - or maybe a good weight? I did it again last night and finally I was able to button a pair up. The first time I tried they didn't even come over my hips. I didn't buy them because they are still too tight, but I see ownership of a pair of 501's just over the horizon. I got a little thrill out of that success last night. Anyway, success breeds success and I am really pumped about losing weight right now.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:11 AM   #7  

Ledom... good for you that is great. always neat to try on something and have it fit better and i know you will be getting them soon. just keep up your good work.. LaDean
Old 06-26-2004, 01:01 AM   #8  

Default Helloooooooo

Where is everyone???

I didn't lose...stayed the same... I think I ate too many carbs...bread ones...I am trying to cut down this week.

I made a cheesecake out of the WW cookbook. It was just like the real thing. I used Splenda instead of sugar.

My D is here with the baby this weekend, it is so much fun.

Hope to hear from you all soon, I miss you.

Oh, my computer (I am using my DH's) got not a virus but a worm and it is a major one so my computer is toast...my SIL is trying to fix it. Word to the wise...that I wish I took myself...don't let your virus protection lapse.

501 Ledom! That is so amazing. I guess I would like to have a "little black dress"...as opposed to a big black dress. It is nice a clothing item is a special marker like that, it makes it fun and something to look forward too.

Last edited by judi; 06-26-2004 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:42 AM   #9  

Smile

Happy weekend to everyone!

ledom, congratulations on being able to button 501 jeans! WAHOOOO!!! You go girl! You really are doing fabulous.

judi, don't be too disappointed that you stayed the same, as that is going to happen from time to time. You are doing so well with your weight loss. Glad that you have your DD doing WW right along with you and that you're enjoying it.

LaDean, you are doing fantastic and it should help with your blood sugar. Keep up the good work.

I've been MIA for a while. I just didn't have anything to say and we've been having on and off computer problems. Earlier in the week we kept being disconnected from the internet. We called our IPS and they sent a tech out 2 days later. They found some faulty equipment in one of their lines and supposedly fixed it. It started again a day or so ago. Called again, and a tech is coming out later this morning to hopefully fix the problem for good.

I have started packing a huge box with clothes and handbags from my closet. The box still isn't full, so I'll throw in the clothes from my bureau drawers. We have gotten rid of some stuff we brought home when we sold the cottage. DH has sold his plow and my late father's snow blower. We're coming along slowly but surely.

Have a great weekend.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:42 PM   #10  

Aleka, thanks so much. i surly hope so. each day i find out something new so in a learning now. got to get me a plan to follow for me.. glad all is going good and your back with us..

to all a great week.. take care.. LaDean
Old 06-28-2004, 09:33 AM   #11  

Default hello everyone!

Alice, you sound busy! What an exciting time.

I don't have much to say either. The diet is going good and around home things are the same but that is good. I am enjoying my life as a blonde.

LaDean it is always so good to hear from you.

Today is a big day. It is election day in Canada. For the first time in my life I am voting Conservative (that would correspond to your Republican party) and it is DH and my 27th anniversary.

This weekend I won a $157.70 on the lotto. I don't spend a lot of money on the lotto but buy a ticket from time to time (certainly not $157 worth even in my lifetime).

The baby and my D were over for a couple of days. It was so much fun.

Best wishes to everyone for a good weight watching week!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #12  
Chick

Morning judi! Happy Anniversary!!!! and congrats on the Lotto win - what fun! I thought of you this past week when I got to hold a baby. She was about 7 months old and so cute. Just a strangers baby in a waiting room, but she seemed happy to see me and I couldn't resist asking to hold her. Made me want a grandbaby. I smelled like baby the rest of the day, I love the smell of baby powder.

Well watch out on those conservative votes judi :-), though I am sure you have a good reason!

It was not a stellar weekend for me eating wise, I regret it this morning too. Have you read Aphil's sticky at the top of this thread on falling off the wagon? It is great!

Have a great week everyone.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #13  

Hi All, Judi, glad your enjoying being a blonde. i think we need changes to.. they make us feel different. so far have not changed my hair. but i guess at my age will let it be like this. its changing alright on its own. lol i like it..glad your plan is going good and all.

My scales were down this am. when it is on a monday after a weekend it makes my week. i only have couple to get off now and be even with this week. so watching the carbs. i did good first 2 weeks. then i added fruit . well alst week i was up. so watching the fruit and carbs more this week. made me a vegie soup. no meat. so eating on that lots.. i have my peaches.. they are lower..

well to all have a great day, week to.. LaDean
Old 06-29-2004, 07:22 AM   #14  

Smile

judi, Happy belated Anniversary! I hope it was a wonderful one. What did you do to celebrate? Congratulations on your winnings! Isn't life fun as a blonde? I get an uplift every 5 months when I'm due for highlights again. ledom is right, you have to watch those conservative votes Although, in the primary 4 yrs. ago I did vote Rep. because the candidate was more moderate. Unfortunately, he didn't win the nomination.

ledom, glad that diet and exercise is going well with you. Exercise is going well with me now that I'm back into the swing of things. Now, to conquer the dieting.

LaDean, congratulations on your weight loss.

We're still having problems with our computer. This is getting very annoying to say the least. The maintenance person was out here Sat., but the internet was up and running so there was nothing he could do. About 2 hrs. after he left we kept getting disconnected again. Hopefully we can get this problem taken care of.

My IL's came up yesterday and they wanted one of our mattresses and box springs that we had from the cottage, that Lacee & I used to use, which is practically brand new. So, after they left we brought it down to them and didn't get back until late. My girlfriend took another mattress and box spring we had from the cottage, then DH took a load of furniture to Good Will. We're finally seeing some space in the garage.

Take care and have a wonderful day.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:42 AM   #15  

Aleka, so glad your on. hope you have your computer fixed.i know we use to have those problems. then finally got on cable... i am glad your exercise is good and your plan will get together to. mine is.. scales are down again this am. so looking like just maybe i will get the 3 off and then some. working at it.. i do feel better. keeping the carbs down. and less fruit this week. then i think i am getting to understand this plan more.. no choice now to be good. but sometimes God does this. if i cannot handle it he gives me a way i have to. ha i been walking again and feet are lots better. so all in all things are going ok. glad your selling some things to. woof to lacee. tuffy is doing good.

to all of you happy belated anniv. here to. hope you had a special day.. Hope everyones plans are following into place and getting better and all. have a great day. LaDean
Closed Thread