General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 08:55 AM   #106  

Thanks ledom and Jennifer for your words of encouragement. I love reading about your personal journeys. I will be purchasing the Body for Life book tomorrow.

I am having a very good week with monitoring my food intake and seeing some results on the scales. FINALLY moving downward again after a LONG stall. Granted it is probably water weight but I will take whatever I can get. I never thought I would journal again but I have spent the week tracking calories, carbs, fiber, sugar, and protein. It’s been a real wake up call!

Paula
Old 05-26-2004, 08:05 PM   #107  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey there everyone - we've been pretty quiet on this thread without Ledom to keep us chatting...

So, how's everyone doing with BFL? pbaus, did you get the book? Any questions? Bill keeps the book pretty general about a lot of things, so we can definitely help with specifics.
Cindy
Old 05-27-2004, 08:37 AM   #108  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey all, Cindy how you doing? I am back. I had a wonderful trip and now am ready to get back to work. I am going to the store this morning to get clean food in the house. I guess today better be a cooking day. I'll check in later with a longer post.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:12 AM   #109  
WW Moderator

I'm officially 'back' today also. My MIL/FIL were here to visit from Holland and I've had next to zero computer time. I did really well with exercise the whole time they were here, but food wasn't so good. I did 90 percent well with types of foods, but I only was able to stick to the 6 meals about half the time. Hopefully that won't cause a setback. I doubled my exercise, so I'm planning for a maintenance this week!

I'm having surgery next week. I won't be exercising for a couple of weeks, so I'll be focusing on eating the right stuff. I need to make a big grocery list from the EFL book and make one of everything while I'm home!
Old 05-30-2004, 10:52 AM   #110  
Chick

Good morning ladies. How are you doing Jennifer? I know you have your surgery coming up - here are best wishes for a successful procedure and a speedy recovering.

I am hopping on this morning for some accountability and recommitment. I have been slow getting my groove back since returning from vacation. I finally got some cooking done and will hit the weights here in a minute. I did good on vacation though not BFL. It was weird eating 3 meals a day instead of 6 but it was probably what saved me. Yesterday was just an all out free day. Kind of a last hurrah before getting serious again. I planned to be back on program Friday, but here it is Sunday and I am just now back to being serious. I caught the last of Dr. Phil's interview on Larry King last night and his comment on how time gets away from us and we are still "thinking about" dieting 6 months later hit a chord for what I have been doing the last couple of days.

I tried on clothes yesterday. I am a firm size 18 now. Great to be down from 24 and though I am still shopping in the Women's section, I can see 16's in my near future. That is thrilling to me, I guess it is all relative. I love clothes and they are a big motivation. I bought 2 swimsuits, I couldn't decide between the 2. I am planning a week of paddling w/ a huge group and I spend a lot of time on the water the rest of the summer so I guess they are my summer wardrobe. One came w/ shorts and the other one is a tank suit, I bought beach shorts to wear w/ it. While I don't feel gorgeous in them I feel as comfortable as possible in a swimsuit.

How is everyone else doing? Suzanne - we haven't heard from you in a while. How are things going?

Will be back to report a perfect day tomorrow a.m.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:07 AM   #111  
Chick

Well, I wanted to keep my word about reporting back. Yesterday was right on. I have to admit that by the end of the day I was a little hungry - I attribute it to being out of practice, but I made it. Which gave me the courage to weigh this morning and I am exactly where I was when I left for vacation. I think I might even be up a lb or two since I got back so I am very pleased and ready to hit it hard again. I did chest and a session of yoga yesterday. I have decided to take one swimsuit back. D is home for the holiday and is my best critic - she helped me decide the best out of the two.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:58 AM   #112  
WW Moderator

Good for you! I'm glad you are getting back on track so easily. I did weigh, and I weighed exactly what I did before the inlaws came to visit, so I'm happy! I was just worried about gaining. That's nice that you found 2 suits that you liked. I couldn't find ANY last year. I must have tried on 50. Finally I got a tankini-ish thing from LL Bean and I liked it.

Now to get through the next two weeks. I'll be having surgery on Wednesday, so there won't be any exercise for me for at least a week, maybe two. I bought a ton of food yesterday. I think our biggest grocery shopping trip so far so there shouldn't be anything to get in my way while I am home. I've got all the right foods and hopefully I can do little walks each day to at least get me prepped for when I get started back.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:00 PM   #113  

Hi - I am new to this thread. I just bought the book today - it was actually in the bookstore!! I was wondering about the 6 meals. 6 small meals balanced carb/protine ratio.... what time of day do you start eating? when do you stop? what if you stop to early?
I am nervous. Help.
kjo
Old 05-31-2004, 05:10 PM   #114  
Chick

Hi kjo.

On meal timing - I have my first meal when I first get up which is for me around 6 a.m. Then I eat every 2 to 3 hrs. for the rest of the day. I am a free form kind of gal so I don't pay a lot of attention to exact times each day though I know some people do. My last meal may be 8:30 or 9 p.m. Don't pay attention to all the things you have heard about not eating after 6 or 7 at night. It doesn't matter.

Don't be scared. You'll love this way of eating. Any more questions?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:39 AM   #115  

hi all -
well, i have been following the wating plan for 2 days now and here is the thing - i am never hungry and it feels really really strange!!!! i am worried that i won't loose any weight with all of this eating. how much weight have you all lost? how long have you been folloeing this eating program? are you doing "the body for life" too?
lemme know - thanks!!!
kjo
Old 06-03-2004, 09:48 AM   #116  
Chick

kjo - are you exercising as well? That is an important part of BFL. If you go by the book you will lose weight but it will be slow and steady. Cindy (bflcat) is the best success story here as she has been at a year and has lost 60 lbs. I am not as focused as she is - I keep taking time outs - but over the last year or so I have lost 30 lbs. As you build muscle (from doing the weights), you may actually gain muscle and lose fat which doesn't show up on the scale as muscle is smaller but weighs more. BFL advocates often go by the pants-o-meter rather than the scale. Not beiing hungry is exactly what I love about BFL.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #117  
Ilene the Bean

KJO -- Welcome to the best way of eating IMHO!! I don't go through Challenges per se anymore, but eating 5-6 meals/day with a portion of protein and carb/meal,has become just a lifestyle for the past 2 years... The great thing about eating so often is that your insuline level is always even and you don't get cravings or are ravenous at the next meal...Yes, you will lose weight !! ....
Old 06-06-2004, 04:27 AM   #118  

Thanks for the advice ladies!
I had my first free day yesterday - I had such a tummy ache!!! I had Fett. Alfredo and was only able to eay half the plate - I was so full.Later we went to the movie and I got some popcorn and M&Ms. I has afew handfulls of the popcorn and 1/4 of the bag of M&Ms and I could't take anymore. Luckily I had water to drink. Anyway - I am just amazed at how well the diet works! I even lost a 1.5 lbs.
As far as the pants-o-meter - I use that, too, but I am a TOTAL scale addict.
I just can't help it.
So - I am happy. I will check out that web site, too.
Thanks Ladies!!!!!!!!!
KJO

Last edited by White_Merlot; 06-06-2004 at 04:40 AM.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:05 AM   #119  
Chick

KJO - that is wonderful news. Your free day sounds so typical to ones I have experience ad heard reported. It is amazing what getting good clean food in your system does to your tolerance for fat and sugar.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:32 AM   #120  
Chick

...and Jennifer, how are you doing? I look forward to hearing back from you.

Just an update too on my progress. I have been trying on a lot of clothes this week. I just couldn't resist stepping into a couple of size 16's, I just got into an 18 really. It seems the next size down the clothes are so much cuter. I was amazed to actually be able to zip myself into a 16. I resisted buying the cutest white linen dress because it really didn't fit but I want it so much. I may go back tomorrow and buy it anyway as a goal outfit, not that I don't already have a couple of those....Anyway, I have been surprised to see that I am losing inches from my hips and legs. I don't remember losing in this pattern in the past. I wonder if the difference is because of the weight training? Anyway, I'll take it. I am pretty psyched about the possibility of the clothes that are just out of my reach. For the moment they are my main motivation!
Closed Thread