General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:51 AM   #106  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Good morning girls. Judi, how is your grandbaby? He must be keeping you busy! We need to know details.

I am having a good week after having such a rough time last week. New workout schedule is going well. I am planning a kayak/camping trip this coming weekend that I am all excited about.

Brody story, he loves to chew on socks. He steals them wherever he can find them and then leaves them strewn around the kitchen, often in the food bowl. A couple weeks ago we had a sock lock down just because it was a nusiance to always have these stray socks laying around. Well, he started chewing the couch! Needless to say he has his socks back and that corner of the couch is under a blanket. He is like a puppy, when he chews he really goes after it making a squeaking noise against his teeth. The first cat I ever had that chewed funiture, they usually just claw it!
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:20 AM   #107  

Ledom, hey so glad your week is going better . good for you. your trip sounds so fun and neat. Never heard of a cat chewing furniture either. guess you have a special sock cat. give him his socks yes. ha ha have a good day.

Rest of you gals hope all is going good today. mine is good. scales up jsut a forth lb. so this is good for me. they were up high this week so working and losing the gain. that makes me happy. got 2 days to go. ha walking daily and more water to.
Hope the grandbaby is doing ok and i know grandma must be. ha fun huh???? they are so fun. have a great day to all. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:44 PM   #108  

Default Falling apart by degrees....

Hey gals, sorry it's been such a long time since my last post. I've really been neglecting the web lately. I went to the George Strait concert in Memphis last week and it was GREAT. At some point over the week-end, though, i seem to have picked up a bug. Yuck.

I've not yet been to the doctor about my asthma attacks, but I haven't had a really bad one since the last one I wrote about. I do need to go to the doctor--I just hate to.

The weight-loss situation with me has once again turned into a no-go. Surprise, surprise. That's another reason I've not been coming around as often. I feel like I'm just rehashing all the same old problems over and over and over again.

On a good note--I picked out wedding bands on Saturday. Stewart didn't go with me for this trip, but he will before the final purchase (of course, he has to know what I want so he can pay for it )

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #109  

Cheryl, just hang in there . i think we worry to much about it and all. so just worry about that wedding now and all. that is important. so happy you picked out the rings. sounds so exciting. makes me remember when i did 43 years ago. was a fun time. my hubby never went either. but saw the final had to pay. lol so congratulations to you.

Others i hope your day has been good , mine has. but has to be tomorrow am is weigh in. lol so anyhows been going good around here. togetherness is what counts and friends like you make me want to do it. a big THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU. LaDean
Old 03-06-2004, 06:04 AM   #110  
Chick

Cheryl, How exciting about your engagement rings. Congratulations!

I am heading out for my float trip in a little bit. The car is packed, just have to get some breakfast and I'll be on my way.

You girls have a good weeekend.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:17 AM   #111  

Angry

Good morning,

Been mia for a while. I really have had nothing to report. Everything is the same old same old on the diet front. I'm still counting points and it's working very well.

We'll be going to FL for a few weeks next month. While we're down there we'll be looking for a house or condo to relocate. We didn't have much work in our machine shop last year, and haven't had anything at all this year, and we're into March. We've decided it's time to close the shop and start over again. So, we want to be in a warmer climate, as this winter was very hard on both of us.

Cheryl, congratulations to you both on your engagement. Have you set the date yet? I am so very happy for you.

ledom, have a great time on your tip.

LaDean, how did your weigh in go?

judi, how was the visit with your grandson? It must have been a wonderful moment for you laying eyes on him for the first time. Did Bentley come too?

Have a good weekend.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:30 PM   #112  

Aleka, glad your plan is going the same and all. that is great its working. my plan is the same to. working hard. was up a lb. but was not because i was not trying. so i just except what ever now. Oh your finding a new location sounds neat. i know its exciting. i think a person needs changes. wish you all good luck. hey bet lacee will like warmer weather also. tuffy is playful this morning makes me so happy when he is. its sunny out this morning and nice. good luck on finding a place you like and all. have a good weekend/

Ledom, Judi and Cheryl hey girls hope all is going great your way also. hope you have a good weekend. LaDean
Old 03-07-2004, 12:06 AM   #113  

Hello to everyone. I'm new here and thought I'd say, "Hi!"
I'm supposed to be going on a cruise in about 44 days.
I've been on the Atkins since mid-January and no results. I've lost about 12 inches but no weight other than 4 lbs that keeps finding its way back. I was on Atkins last year and lost 24lbs and then gained about 18 back.
I've been trying to exercise more. ... Walking 22 flights of stairs once or twice per week and using a weight machine a couple times per week.
I've just decided that I'm going to try to eat healthier - more fruites and veggies and see how that works for me. I've also been drinking lots of water lately. That doesn't seem to help - other than send me to the RR every 15 minutes. :-)
1FatLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #114  

Hi, nice to meet you and glad you came in here. I am just doing that to. watching portions and trying to eat right. no sugar helps me so much. Your ex sounds good. i wish you good luck. come to the boards often they help. another one that is very helpful is www.diettalk.com there is lots of help there to. have a good day. LaDean
Old 03-08-2004, 07:18 AM   #115  

Angry

Good morning,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Our weather did improve a bit and quite a bit of snow has melted. Today we're supposed to have more normal temps and they say we may see some snow flurries later on. NYC is supposed to get the brunt of the storm along the east coast.

1FatLoser, WELCOME!!!! That's fantastic losing 12-inches. That's just as important as losing weight. With all the working out you do, you probably are gaining muscle and that's why you don't see much of a weight loss on the scale. Keep up the good work. Where are you going on your cruise? I have never been on one, but would like to go on a cruise to Alaska someday.

Hi ledom, judi, LaDean, hope everything is going well for you.

Have a good day ladies.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #116  

having a great day here and hope all of yours is the same. glad weather is going to be better for you Aleka. its nice and sunny for last 2 days just like summer. i wanted to get out in flower beds and weed. but with this cold ground is wet and all. so figured better wait . do not want a double one. ha I am taking a exercise break to. no chances. i think wednesday i will get back out and walk. have a great day to all. LaDean
Old 03-11-2004, 09:52 AM   #117  

It's been slow around here lately, huh? Hope that's because everyone is having a wonderful, fun-filled, exciting life and is just too plain busy to sit down in front of the computer!!!

Just wanted to drop in and say "Hi!"

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:51 PM   #118  

i am in front of it some. scales are not looking good this week. to many birthday parties and fun. i intend to enjoy and celebrate them all. ha so its back to buckling down now. ha have a great day I have had a bad cold this is the 3rd week. so have not exercised at all. get warm and cough. i hate the cough part. so hopefully this next week i will get back. its been so nice out this week and warm. so bad i could not walk. but is life... Hope Aleka, Ledom and Judi and you to Cherly all have a great week. LaDean
Old 03-13-2004, 12:53 AM   #119  

I never went to tops today. coughing and do not go around people. so will be good this week. hope everyone has a good weekend. i have had a good day. trying that is what i can do. so hopefully it will start to come off again. i hope this week i can get with my exercise. LaDean
Old 03-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #120  
Chick

Welcome 1fatloser (hey, you need to give us another name to call you), and hi to LaDean and Cheryl. I don't get notices when people post on the thread any more and have really been slipping on keeping an eye on this thread. Judi and Alice, how are you guys?

I had a good week as far as scale weight is concerned. I started using FitDay again and it has helped me keep my calories within a decent range. I am going to try to keep up with it for a while. My weight is almost down to where it was before Christmas. This is frustrating for sure, but I'll never give up. Next week is spring break and I am looking forward to that.