General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-13-2004, 08:46 AM   #76  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Good morning, How is everyone?

Well, I pulled out the PMD last night and it amazed me. For protein they suggest beans 5 times a week and fish 2 times, that is it. My diet is so radically different now. Protein at every meal either meat, eggs, or lowfat cottage cheese. I don't think I am ready to go back to PMD but someplace in between maybe? I am ready to shake things up. I have decided to stop lifting for a while for a couple reasons. One, I think I do want to cut back on protein some. I also want to concentrate more on yoga and up my levels of cardio so time is an issue.

I like lifting and I like the way it makes me look so I am not through with it. I am going to give this new idea about a month and then reevaluate.

I am still loving yoga and I have even signed up for a weekend meditation workshop. It is in early April.

Hope everyone is well. Check in when you can.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:35 AM   #77  

Angry

Good morning everyone,

In yesterday's mail I received a post card from WW saying that if I bring the card to a WW meeting I would not have to pay for missed meetings. I have kept the card and am thinking seriously of going back, but we'll see what Tues. brings. I do have until March 3rd to decide, as that's when the offer expires.

ledom, I had totally forgotten about PMD until you mentioned it. You will find the right "mix" for yourself. Glad that you're so enthused about yoga. I do have some yoga tapes plus a mat and some blocks, but haven't used either the tapes or the mat. I love to shop for clothes too. DH got me a gift certificate for Christmas at one of the stores I frequent. I want to lose some weight before I use it. I guess that's one incentive to go back to WW.

Hi judi, LaDean, Cheryl, hope you all are doing well.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #78  

Aleka, fine here. was busy so was not in for couple days. but back to coming in as i miss it and it helps me. glad all is fine with you. i gained 1/2 lb this week. i watched it and a good one. but just one of those things. just have to try harder this week. glad your thinking of going back to ww. what ever you decided i know will work out for you..

Judi, Cheryl and Ledom hope all is going good your way. HAPPY VALENTINE DAY TO ALL OF YOU... LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:00 AM   #79  
Chick

Happy Valentines Day to you girls, Judi, Cheryl, Alice, LaDean. Hope it is a good day for you.

I have a whole delicious weekend ahead of me with no plans except to stay at home and that is a lovely feeling as I've been running around a lot lately.

On diet and exercise. I am feeling really good w/ my eating the last couple of days. One thing the PMD has that I had forgotten is 9 servings of veg./fruit a day. That is a lot, but I am going to try to get that going. I did manage 8 yesterday. I ate 8 times yesterday, but 2 meals were a piece of fruit only. I am paying attention to protein, but not haveing quite so much. I have been very pleased to have a reduction on the scale 2 days in a row now. On exercise I am planning to do 30 minutes on my treadmill and a little yoga every day.

The yoga diet and the strength training diet are radically different. The suggested yoga diet is vegetarian while the ST diet is all about meat. So, somewhere in between is what I am aiming for. It is hard to give up the idea of strength training completely and after a month I might feel I need it back. On the other hand, I think waiting until summer when I have a lot more time is when I'll take it up again.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #80  

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. LEDOM., ALEKA, CHERYL AND JUDI, Hope you all have a great one.. I am going to our Elks dinner and dance with hubby and daughter. So she and i are getting hair done this afternoon. that makes me feel good when i go have it done. ha so looking forward to a fun evening. i am having chicken so being good. ha

Ledom. what is the PMD Plan? never heard of it. gee your doing good. i guess its one i have never tryed so may have to give it a try. thought i had tryed them all. lol
sounds like its working for you and i am so glad it is. Your yoga sounds neat to. my 2 neighbors do it and they love it.

aleka, hope your getting thawed out some more each day. ha Hope the ww plan is still going good.. good luck.. i am doing ok never walked yesterday took a rest on my feet.

Judi and Cheryl.... Hope all is going good your way on your plans. Hey hope the grandma is counting days to be with the grandson. I will be with both of mine tomorrow. celebrating our grandsons 5th birthday which is today. but party time for all of us tomorrow. today is busy day for all. but sure looking forward to it. know your looking forward to being home with yours and all.
>LaDean
Old 02-14-2004, 11:48 AM   #81  

Angry Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

LaDean, have a great time tonight, it sounds like a lot of fun. It's warming up a little, but we're supposed to be in the deep freeze again by tomorrow. A Happy Birthday to your grandson tomorrow.

ledom, glad that your diet and exercise are going well for you and that the scale is going in the right direction. I'm sure you will find a happy medium between both eating plans. Have a wonderful time on your weekend.

judi, Cheryl, hope things are going well for you.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:48 PM   #82  

Aleka, thanks so much his birthday is so close to mine , which is thursday. so i kinda celebrate it tomorrow with him the eating and all. my daughter always gets me a pie instead of cake. i like it better. glad its warming up alot there. sunny here and i got all the bedding out on line and some airing out. nice breezy day for it. hubby helps so much so hes doing the vacuming for me and changing mattress and all. hes so good . but wanted to do it while i was into this. i wait till nice breezy day love to hang bedding outdoors. hey have a good day you and lacee. tuffy is not going to be happy tonite when were all gone. but he sleeps so much. trying to let him stay busy today following me all over so he will be tired. lol
Old 02-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #83  

Default Hi Gals!

I am in Palm Desert. We will be here until Sunday and then will drive up the coast back to Canada. It has been such a great holiday.

I have been talking to my D a lot. She is such a confident little mother. I temember feeling "I can't believe the hospital let me take this baby home!!" Nathan is gaining 1/2 lb a day.

I lost some weight...believe me I don't know how that happened??? I guess because I have had whatever I wanted I don't feel like eating all the time. I have to get a plan and do it. (I don't feel I have to eat everything in sight like it is my last chance to eat it in life!)

I bought a bunch of books, went looking at clothes in Macys but didn't buy anything. I see pink/black is going to be big this summer.

My Att card has been giving me grief so sometimes the internet works and other times not. When I get home I will be able to touch base more often and I hope to have decided on some kind of action to lose this weight. I am still doing WW online, I will probably keep it up...even if I am not dieting, it helps keep me conscious that "something should be done!".
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 09:15 AM   #84  

Hey there, ladies!

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. I stayed home all week-end, and it was wonderful. Three whole days of not having to burn any gas.....Oh the joys of being broke

It snowed here on Saturday, like 2-3 inches worth. Then it all melted on Sunday when the temps got up to the mid-50's. Just luv that Arkansas weather!!

I've been walking for the past week or so, but only a mile each afternoon. I've also been half-way working out with some weights. We'll see what happens.

I've discovered that if I eat a heavy meal after aroundd 6:00-7:30 I have an asthma attack. I've not been to the doctor yet, as I only have them at night, and dread the thought of going to the ER. I really do need to go and get an inhaler, though, because they've really been getting bad lately, chest pain accompanying the shortness of breath. I've literally felt like I've been dying the last two times it's happened. Ugh. Yet another reason I've got to get this weight OFF!!!

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:21 AM   #85  

Cheryl, better take care now and be careful. you will get the wt off. together we all can do it.. good luck.

Judi, oh almost time to go home and see the little grandson. so happy for you. its so much fun. i was with mine sunday and loved every minute. glad your losing wt hey that is great. ww is good i go on it off and on. like the plan. keep it up.

aleka and Ledom hope your day is going good. as for me scales down this morning and i love it. been at a standstill so just hung in there and guess its moving out of that time of plan... so happy... been walking and exercising regular and everytime i go in a standstill of losing... have a good day to all. LaDean
Old 02-17-2004, 10:30 AM   #86  
Chick

Hi everyone. Judi and Cheryl it is good to hear from you two. Cheryl, we got that snow too. I really enjoyed it, I would have been disappointed w/ no snow this winter. It was the first weekend in forever I didn't have anything planned and I had the best time just being at home. D stayed at school, I did some cleaning and some relaxing in front of the fireplace. I hardly ever build a fire because I'm not here that much and w/ the snow coming down it was just perfect. Do take care of your asthma (get your enhaler), that sounds very frightening to me! Your walking and weights sound good. Both are great ways to exercise.

Judi, I miss your regular posts, time for you to come home girlfriend. I am so glad you are having a great trip. Yes, pink and black, DD let me go shopping w/ her last week and that is exactly what she bought. A black w/ pink trim formal dress, she looks so nice in it. I am not sure it'll work on me though. Still waiting for pre-holiday lbs. to be gone before shopping again. I almost broke that rule this week, but restrained myself. It seems to be helping me be good!

LaDean, glad the scale is moving for you. They say it is consistency that does the trick and it sounds like by sticking with it you are getting results. They never come as fast as we would like though, hey? By the way, Happy Birthday week to you.

Alice, I hope you aren't snowed under and are enjoying your week. Take care everyone.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:09 AM   #87  

Angry

Good morning,

I went back to Weight Watchers this morning. Even though I hadn't been in a couple of weeks I was down 1.4 lbs.

Cheryl, I would go to the Dr. soon to get your inhaler. Keep up your walking and weight lifting.

ledom, I was wondering if you got any snow out of the snow storm Dallas had. I can honestly say we haven't had much snow this winter. It's been too darn cold to snow. You sound like you were nice and cozy during the storm. There is something to be said having a fire in the fireplace while it's snowing outside.

LaDean, congratulations on the scale going in the right direction. It's great when that happens after staying the same for a while.

judi, it's nice hearing from you and congratulations on losing some weight. I have read that if you do eat what you want when you want, you don't have cravings and can be satisfied with eating very little. Glad that your D has a lot of conficence with Nathan. I bet you can't wait to see him in person.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:29 AM   #88  

Aleka, so glad you went to ww and its helping you. i go to tops for group and going to join the prism group i think this spring. for some different gals and working with. thanks i am glad they are finally moving the scales. walked tonite and had a good one. beating the rain so lucky there.
I hope all of you had a good day.. LaDean
Old 02-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #89  

Angry

Good morning,

LaDean, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it's a good one.

ledom, judi, cheryl, hope everything is going well with all of you.

Not much to say, except it was such a nice day yesterday that DH & I took Lacee for a little walk. I know she was just as anxious to get out of the house too. We all enjoyed it. We did notice though, she hadn't gotten any better on a leash.

Take care and have a wonderful day.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:16 AM   #90  
Chick

Alice, glad you made it back to WW and that you hadn't lost any ground. Way busy day today, I'm going into work early so just a brief howdy to everyone.