General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #31  

Hello. I feel like I'm stepping into a confessional. I never did go check out Curves. I've decided to put it off financially until the first of March. I know...spend the money on myself. I just can't. Not right now.
The UAV (my truck) went in last week for new four-wheel drive and a radiator...it goes back next week for new ball-joints...and then for the finale...new tires. Cha-ching. But, by time all that is taken care of...and tax return time blesses my checking account...I'm going to Curves. Go ahead, beat me up.
Meanwhile...I've been accumlating WW info and going to start it at home for now. I also found a walking buddy for days the weather is nice. So, things are looking up...even if I'm not running full speed.

Quilter, I feel better when I eat right too. Wish I knew why the urge to return to bad habits also. Same with exercise.

Well, I have all the bric-a-brac torn down from the top of my kitchen cabinets. Dust bunnies galore up there calling my name...
Old 01-15-2004, 08:21 PM   #32  

Wink

Had a moment of truth today......walked in front of a full-length mirror (by mistake, of course!)......EGAD! How could I let myself go like that? I am beyond the 'pleasantly plump' stage. Ah, well, at least I didn't have any trouble ordering a salad for lunch!

GMA2ONE - 60 degrees and actually being able to take a walk outside sounds heavenly. It was 11 degrees when I left for work this AM.....and that doesn't include the wind chill!

TIG - tell me about Curves. I saw one opened not far from my home.....and am tempted.....though I don't know if I am in shape enough for a public gym!

JELLO - WTG with the weight loss! If the leader says it's gone, it's gone! By the way, I have found that I can deal with winter driving much better if I view it as a contact sport.

Would love to stay and chat longer.....but I have a cat trying to get my attention by standing on the keyboard. Later.....
Old 01-16-2004, 08:09 AM   #33  
Long Lost Chickie

Darn it's COLD!!!! Woke up to 4 degrees this morning with wind chills around 20 below zero. Have I ever mentioned how I don't like winter? Sun's out now but the snow is blowing and drifting nicely. Yuck.

LOL MsRD! Contact sport, eh? Well, that's one way to look at it.

Tiger, our UAV has about had it. Rich started it last night and the accelerator stuck. The only way we could get home was if he put it in neutral and stood on the brakes whenever we had to stop. Went immediately to the mechanic who was able to fix or replace or adjust or whatever and says it's OK but I was a wreck. (If you'll pardon the expression. ) We had a huge fight about him driving that thing now that's it's gotten, in my opinion, very dangerous. Sadly, I think it's time to put the old thing out to pasture. It's just a matter of scraping together the $$$ to buy a new vehicle.

And what does stress cause ol' Jello to do??? Yep, bring on the junk food! Oh well, today's a new day.

Gotta go. The heat is out in half of our building today. Going back toward the cafeteria for coffee requires a coat and mittens. But it'll keep me away from the vending machines I suppose.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:34 AM   #34  

Hi girls, nothing much going on here, just kind of have the blahs. No particular reason, should be happy it's FRIDAY and PAYDAY tho.

So sorry that you all are getting bombed with the cold weather. We have been very lucky this winter, it's been very mild so far. Not good for the farmers tho, it takes several days of a hard freeze to kill the insects that attack their crops. Of course being in the chemical business it's good for the company I work for.

I have several things that need to be done today so I'd better get with it.

Have a good weekend, stay warm.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #35  

Hey Gang! Where's our Friday Dance?!

Jello, it's funny...I'm the one in our family that wants to keep the Bronco. I think ours is a 95...so not falling of the wheels yet...just time for up keep. If we got something else new (DH truck is new), I'd have to get a J.O.B. And I don't see me getting a job so I can drive a new vehicle. I plan to have the old beast all fixed up for DS when he turns 16. Then I get to start on another one for younger DS....

It's cold here too and I'm about to get out in it. A friend is picking me up to go see the house they are renovating on the lake (Faye, Holm Lake)...then we are going out for lunch. My jeans are too tight on my stomach, so not much chance I'll over eat. Nothing like a throbbing reminder to be good.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:38 AM   #36  

Happy weekend, ladies! Cold here but a heat wave to most of you - 22 degrees last night with a high of 32 today. At least we have no wind and the sun is shining. I was noticing last night when I left work it was still daylight - days are getting longer! I do hate coming to work and going home in the dark.

Going to a lecture and dessert buffet tonight - Pepper Cory, a noted quilter. Going to focus on her quilts and not the buffet! By the way, the BIG quilt show is coming up February 25-29 in Williamsburg, VA - Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest. If you're down this way and like quilts, try to stop. There will be 300+ quilts, wearable art, vintage clothes, to view and all kinds of supplies to buy to make your own. I'll be working as a scribe to the judges this year (pay for my classes this way) and taking a class in beading on quilts and the perfect quilt stitch. I've been to every show since they started. There are teachers and quilters from all over the world taking part.

Curves opens near my house on Monday. My question is, if I enroll there, can I attend other locations? There's also one near where I work.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:34 PM   #37  

Gosh it sounds like I am the only one not freezing to death. It is 52 here today. I am cold but that is because I refuse to turn on the heat in the house.

Susan: Wow that show sounds awesome. I don't know how you guys do it. I was the quilting shows on tv and man am I lost in about 2 seconds. Maybe if I were a sewer, I would know what they heck they are talking about!

We joined the Y last night so tonight is our first time working out. Should be interesting dragging my butt onto a machine, which btw I have never used any workout machines!

I got a pleasant surprise last night. I had bought Jack the new Turbo tax program for this year and he figured our taxes last night. I go into a trance like state waiting for the bad news every year. Up until last year, we ALWAYS had to pay and we were making a pittance. Well, we are getting back $1700! WOOHOO Vegas here we come, refund there it goes.....
This will really help pad the trip and we should get it back before we leave, hopefully. If not, we have it direct deposited so it will probably be deposited while we are on vacation/weding.

Tig: Start working on the weather, will ya? I would like some decent stuff when we are up there the end of next month. I don't have winter clothes much anymore. At least not the kind you need up there when they have one of those famous cold snaps like you guys have been having.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Faye
Old 01-17-2004, 08:29 AM   #38  

I figure anyday that I can make it thru the grocery checkout line without buying a candy bar is a good day and......yesterday.....well.......(sigh). Got on the scale this morning and it hasn't budged. But I am one of those 'cup is half full kinda girls', so I can say 'I haven't gained any weight today'. I have worked up to (don't laugh here) 10 minutes of low impact aerobics.....but that is 10 minutes of moving that I wasn't doing last year!

Keep giving us the warm weather reports, Gma2one.....somehow it makes me feel warmer! Well, that and a warm sweater. I asked my Dad once why our ancestors decided to settle in such a barbaric climate......he said they probably got this far and ran out of money and had to stay.....lol

The quilt show sounds fantastic. My DD is into quilting and she keeps encouraging me to try my hand at it. So far, I have resisted.....not for lack of interest, mind you.....more like lack of time. Darn fool job is putting a crimp in my life - an unfortunate necessity, I am afraid.
Have a great weekend, ladies!
Old 01-17-2004, 05:50 PM   #39  

MS: Good for you! You will going great strides in no time. I remember the very first day I went out and walked. It is a half mile from my condo, around the complex lot and back again. I think it took me 1/2 hour and I was bushed. I did 1.35 miles on the treadmill today with 10 minutes at an incline, did some speed walking for about 20 of those minutes and stayed in my heart rate the whole time. Last January, I couldn't even use a treadmill because it was too fast for me. So, you keep at it and you will be upping your time in no time. You are doing great!

Faye
Old 01-19-2004, 10:46 AM   #40  
Long Lost Chickie

Monday Funday anyone? Blah. Monday. Had to scrape half an inch of ice off my car this morning. And it's darn cold. Add to that the number of Philadelphia Eagles fans all moping around here, weeping in their coffee cups this morning. Oh, how I could have stayed in bed....

But instead, I got up on the treadmill this morning. (OK, actually Rich shoved me out of bed and MADE me do it. ) And I've got to drink a couple gallons of water and eat very low points for the next couple days. Too much partying at the VFW. Uh, that was before the Eagles played. We did, however, get to celebrate the Patriots win. Go New England!!!

Now what was I saying....?? Oh right. Have to try to undo all the damage I did over the weekend. Curves tonight, whether I want to go out in the cold or not. I'm gonna do this.....
Old 01-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #41  

Hi. Did anyone else get to see Oprah today? More of Bob Greene, but always motivational. Lots of success stories.
We are in the middle of a "lake effect" snow storm. Fun stuff

Jello...not good NE won. My Colts lost.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #42  
Long Lost Chickie

Oops. Sorry Tiger. But there's great joy in my household anyway.

Internet is reeeeeeaaaallll slloooooow here today. Must be the cold. Yeah, that's it. Blame it all on this lousy white stuff. Anyway, this will be a quick post.

OK truth is, it has to be quick because Jello's already finished two bottles of water and really has to p**!!!

Hope you're all having a good day!
Old 01-20-2004, 10:03 AM   #43  

Where is everyone? Snowed in? I'm not snowed in, but still can't go anywhere. The Beastie Bronco is still in the shop. Poor thing needed new u-joints to go with it's new ball-joints...so the guy said...and now repairs are running a few hundred over the estimate. At this rate, I'll never get to join Curves.
I'm feeling revived after the dose of motivation watching Oprah yesterday. Things are "clicking" again and hope I can ride the wave for awhile.
I'm off to clean. Spring clean fever has hit early.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #44  
Long Lost Chickie

Oh this is weird. Tiger, you're the 2nd person in the past 10 minutes to mention that Oprah show. What's it all about!??! Sounds like I should be sorry I missed it, whatever it was.

Please don't hate me but I have just about convinced Rich to get rid of the UAV. I worry about him every time he's driving it. It's let him down entirely too often and we're going to go broke as it nickels and dimes us to death. Oh I know he loves it so but maybe I can convince him that we'll find it a good home where it can run and play with the other old cars....

Having said that, my car's going in for state inspection on Thursday and I'll be needing to ride around in the Bronco. Hope it's only 1 day.

Weigh-in tonight. NOT looking forward to it. I need to make a weekend resolution of some kind.....
Old 01-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #45  

Nah Jello, UAV's not for everyone. I think overall I have a Ford/Bronco fetish. I'd probably feel different if I had to drive to work every day. I'm back and forth to the school a few times a week...a whole 3 miles away...and to the store.

Oprah's show was with Bob Greene. Some points...sign a contract with yourself. Don't lie to yourself. Bob has a new website, getwiththeprogram.org. Oprah's website also has tidbits about the show.

I wonder where everyone is? I feel like I'm in a twilight zone. Everyone went to a party and we got left home alone.
Closed Thread