General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 08:41 PM   #1  

Exclamation Anyone Schwarzbeining it?

I've lost 21 lbs since June on the Schwarzbein Principle. But the past few days I've been so craving carbs and giving in!!!
I still go to Weight Watchers weekly, for the official weigh in and some support. But would love to have more of a carbo support. Is anyone aware of chat sessions or magazines that deal strictly with this? Thanks!
Old 08-28-2003, 09:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

I have never heard of the Schwarzbein Principle.... what is it?
Old 10-15-2003, 01:53 PM   #3  

My nurse practioner recommended Dr. Schwarzbein's book and diet. Basically, you don't eat anything that can't be raised or picked. The book (old one) was outstanding but found her new book very confusing. It worked for me for several months...I then found that going below 40-50 carbs daily would make the weight come off faster. I then turned more to Atkins and began eating pepperoni, lots of cheese, high fat meat...all of the things I shouldn't have. It's a good plan but for me, just counting calories, watching fat, lots of fruits and veggies works well. I still binge but did with low-carb too! The hardest part is finding a program that you can stick with for life...it's not just about losing the weight!
Old 10-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #4  

I agree the second book was quite confusing!!! I've lost 27.2 lbs. on the first book and plan on continuing it. I attend weight watchers for the support.
Closed Thread