General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 10:06 AM   #31  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey LaDean, nice to meet you. I am glad you liked the article, both of you. The book is just more of the same good information. He spells it out really nicely.

We finally got some cool weather Alice. No snow, but more seasonable though they say we are going to have one more warm up at the end of the week. I had a friend who went SWIMMING last week.

I am home today, we are getting a little break, and I am waiting for the heat and air man to come make my heater work.

Congrats on your weight loss LaDean. Sounds like a productive weekend Alice.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #32  

Default Hi Ledom, Alice and LaDean!

I am glad to be back!

Ledom, thanks for that info. I am going to print it off.

I haven't been dieting but haven't really been pigging out either. I have to seriously think about what I want to do.

I won't make my goal of under 200 before 2004 but I am down 12 lbs from last year at this time so I will not let myself grieve too much. I'd like to get back in the saddle but first I have to find the horse!

Had a nice trip, saw lots of beautiful leaves in Oregon, where we were in Ca. was about 80 degrees so it was nice and we missed a record rain for BC by being gone Now it is cloudy but dry.

How are all the pets doing?
Old 10-28-2003, 10:05 PM   #33  
Chick

judi, I didn't expect you home so soon, I'm glad you're back. Glad you had a good time.

Yes, being down 12 lbs. from last year is indeed something to be happy about.

I had an interesting revelation this weekend. D and I were looking through some photos taken about 12 years ago. I have lost about 60 lbs. since then. I am not even sure when I did it because it has been so slow and gradual. Anyway, it was something to see that photo and know without a doubt that I look slimmer now.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:43 PM   #34  

Default 60 POUNDS!!

Ledom, that is SO AMAZING!!!! That is so encouraging to hear!!

Nice fall day here. Nothing much new.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:21 PM   #35  
Chick

It is amazing judi, even though I have never forgotten my highest weight - until I looked at that picture it just wasn't tangible to me. 12 years, 60 lbs., that averages out to 5 lbs. a year. That isn't exactly how it came off, but to tell you the truth I am not sure how it did. I know I have lost about 25 this year. I don't want to take 12 years to lose the next 60 but I am at least glad that I have lost it no matter how slow it has been.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:32 AM   #36  

Angry Good morning...

Having another bout of heavy rain today. Wish we could send some of it to CA.

ledom, 60 pounds!!!! That is so fantastic!! It must have made you feel good when you and your D realized that. Losing it slow is the best way to do it.

judi, welcome back. Glad you had a good time. I thought you were going to be gone longer too. Were you anywhere near the fires in CA? Losing 12 lbs. this year is a great accomplishment.

Have a good day!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:32 AM   #37  

Ledom, nice to meet you to. have a good day to all. LaDean
Old 10-29-2003, 09:58 AM   #38  

Default Good morning

Ledom, I think the way you lost weight is the very best of all and don't forget you built up your muscles at that time too so in reality you probably lost even more fat. That is just so encouraging to hear.

I don't know what to do MT, South Beach, WW etc.

Hi Alice! We were about an hour away from LA and had started home before the fires really began. The weather was so gorgeous where we were.

Bentley got his eye scratched by the cat (they were playing) and my D is taking him for eye surgery today I found out this thru my DH, she STILL isn't talking to me. It is her birthday today and I made her a card and sent it.

Hi La Dean!
Old 10-29-2003, 11:28 AM   #39  

judi,
Oh, poor Bentley. Hope everything turns out ok with his eye surgery. You have to be ever so careful with their eyes because of how they protrude out. We had cats when we had our other Bostons, but they were indoor cats and they were declawed. Miz Lacee has lucked out because DH is allergic to cats and she's an only "child". Let us know how he's doing. Sorry that your D is still not talking to you. Maybe the birthday card will make her think a little bit.

Hi LaDean!
Old 10-30-2003, 09:56 AM   #40  

Aleka, hi how you doing. ok here.
Hi Judi.... have a good day all. LaDean
Old 11-03-2003, 06:31 AM   #41  

Angry Good morning,

Hope you all had a good weekend. We had a lot of excitement in the wee hrs. of Sunday morning. Around 2:00 am her nibs wanted to go outside. When we woke we discovered that our power was out. DH went out with Lacee armed with a flashlight. He could see all kinds of flashing lights through the trees near the end of our road. Then one of our cruisers came down our road and went back out, then a few minutes later another cruiser, not one of our's, maybe a State Trooper or a cop from a neighboring town, came down our street. You could tell they were looking for someone. Our power came back on around 5:00 am. To make a long story short, a drunk driver somehow took out a telephone pole, knocked down a whole bunch of wires, left his vehicle, and ran off. We have 2 roads that lead into the development where I live that form a loop, and one of the roads was completely blocked off yesterday. The power co. was there for over 12 hrs. trying to get the wires back up, then the cable & telephone repairmen had to come in and put their wires back up. We were talking with our neighbor last night and he heard that whatever happend, he also destroyed part of the road and we heard a paving crew out there well into the night. Luckily nobody was hurt or killed. They caught the guy and I would say he is in deep doo-doo. DH & I are planning on taking a walk later today to see what is what.

LaDean, how are you doing? Lacee & I are doing ok.

judi, how did Bentley make out with his surgery? Hope everything went alright. Have you decided what plan you'd like to do? I keep jumping between WW and Somersizing, but can't make up my mind which one I want to do. I have looked into Atkins, but I'm not sure if I could do induction. It would be something like SB diet and I couldn't handle that.

ledom, how are things going with you? Is it still warm where you are? We've had some unseasonable temps. Sat. it was in the 70's. But, it's starting to cool down a bit and we're supposed to have more normal temps by mid-week. Back to reality.

Take care and have a great day!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:42 PM   #42  

Default Hi!

Alice, that is a lot of excitement!

We were off and on without power because of a big wind storm here and it was only in the morning we remembered we had the RV...DUH...so we went down there, had showers, cooked and hung out until the power came on.

DH is going to Ca at the end of the week, I am staying home.

I bought stuff for making Christmas cake, I might do that this weekend.

Bentley and his eye are doing fine, the cat had its nails clipped (not declawed) and has soft false cat fingernails on.

I have thought about Atkin's too but I dunno!! I think I am not in a dieting mode right now.

Hi Ledom and LaDean!
Old 11-04-2003, 06:18 AM   #43  
Chick

Good morning guys, I am in a diet slump at the moment as well. It just came out of no where and bit me hard this past week. Yesterday I was a bit better. More than a diet slump I am in an exercise slump. I am not giving up, just resting I guess.

Yes, Alice. it has been in the 80's for the last 2 weeks w/ a 90 here and there. It is getting to me, I can't wait for cooler weather. We should have a bit of a cool down by the weekend.

Ah yes, the holidays, they are just around the corner aren't they. I am ready to have D home for the holidays, she has become a stranger around here. Her play opens Nov. 20 and she is working very hard on that now.

judi, glad you won't be leaving us this week.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:08 PM   #44  

I've been very seriously considering Atkins, too...

The move went well. I'm waiting on power now. Maybe tomorrow. Luckily, a coworker has been letting me stay with her--she's great!

Welcome Ladean!

Hey Alice, Ledom & Judi

Cheryl
Old 11-04-2003, 01:42 PM   #45  

Default grrrrr!!!!

I wrote a big long post ... an epistle really and deleted it by mistake and now I am exhausted...but my BIG news I decided on something. I joined WW online.

Will write more tomorrow
Closed Thread