has anyone tried Alka Skim????

• I've been seeing the infomercial on tv and wondered if it was as good as it sounds. I hate to spend more money and it not be good.I need to lose about 15 pounds and my step mom is diabetic and wanted to try it also. Thanks for any information!!!
  • Another one I've never heard of! For a moment I thought it was like Alka-Seltzer - you know, toss a fizzy tablet in a glass of water...apparently it's just another stupid, worthless, overpriced diet pill...

Lessee the ingredients...

Quote:
    Barley Malt, Soy Protein Complex, Fiber Complex: (Psyllium, Guar, Apple Pectin), Alkalizing Complex: (Bee Pollen, Barley Grass, Alfalfa Juice Concentrate, Spinach, Parsley, Celery, Spirulina), Barley Grass Juice, Natural Fruit and Vanilla Flavors, Lecithin, Pineapple Enzyme (Bromelain), Methionine, RNA-Dna Complex, Schizandra, Siberian Ginseng, Foti, Bioflavanoid-Hesperidin Complex, Beta Sitosterol Plant Lipid Complex, Gamma Oryzanol, (Brown Rice Extract) Octacosonal.
    I'd say this is another waste of money...

PS - check out the Buyer Beware forum for a great sticky (posted by moi, but written by a guy who knows his stuff) about researching supplements...good stuff!
  • I meant to type alka slim not skim (haha)