Not losing, is there a better diet for women over 50?

• A few years back I did the South Beach Diet successfully and transitioned to Phase 3 and kept the weight off for 2 years. In the last year, especially since the election sadly, I started not watching my carb intake. I have 10-15 lbs I need to lose now. I started again 2 weeks ago on the SBD.

I am in full ketosis (I know SBD isn't low carb but this is what works for me, I find my weight stalls when I add in beans). I have been at/around 1200 calories a day as well.

I lost 5 lbs and now for the last week nothing, not 1 oz.

I'm wondering if anyone has ideas or thoughts about how to break through this standstill. I'm so frustrated but I'm sticking to PH1 and am not cheating.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  • If it's just 1 week that you didn't lose weight, it's nothing to worry about. 1-2 lbs per week is a good amount to lose, but your weight can also fluctuate by 2 lbs within a day because of water weight, so it takes at least 2 or 3 weeks to know if you're really making progress.

If you tell us what types of food you eat each day, maybe I (or someone else) can give you advice on how to improve your diet.

What exercises do you do, and how often?
  • Do you hear "159" before? It is a Vegetarian Meal plan, I think it is a good diet to nurse your health.
  • Since you are already well versed with the dieting and calorie counting techniques, the problem might be that you are taking too less of calories and close to your BMI doing that will make your body shut down its metabolism and try to preserve the "diet Food" hence no change in weight. try increasing your protein intake instead of beans. that might do the trick.
    all the best with your goals.

Regards
    Sri Harsha
    Intern
    GetSetGo Fitness
  • make sure
    you choose a weight loss plan that accounts for the change in hormone levels and decreased metabolism at the age of 50