General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #151  

Any body there?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #152  

Just about to begin my IE journey, just found this website for it. Made a lot of progress tracking macros this year and loving my workouts. Seems daunting to ditch weighing out my food but it would give me a lot of freedom and if it doesn't work out I can go back to tracking.
xXAngie1988Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #153  

Angie. I've been doing this a long time and I just can't go back to dieting.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #154  

Thank you. It seems like the ideal way to eat. Worried that I will lose all my progress from tracking. So far I have just been eating the same foods that I normally do but just eyeballing the portion sizes rather than measuring.
xXAngie1988Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:58 PM   #155  

Good job.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
@pinkhippie that reminds me of something I'm journaling about currently. I'm setting a set of "Single Task Challenges" for myself. I'm remarkably horrible at it. I challenfe myself to do things with minimal or no distraction. It is so difficult to iron clothes without listening to music or going for a walk without listening to a podcast. I feel like I need more stuff like this in my daily routine.

Sometimes when I eat mindfully I too get this antsy feeling of hurrying up so I can do something else or check my email or something. There is something about that little bit of boredom though that I think is good for me and I try to sit through it. It always ends when the meal ends lol. I think I'm realizing that eating is not all that interesting so maybe that's a good thing.
Yes I know what you mean. I still haven't had a lot of success with eating mindfully. I find it very interesting how much resistance I have to it. I have a lot of resistance to meditation as well so I suspect that they are related. Good luck with your challenge! How is it going so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAngie1988Xx View Post
Just about to begin my IE journey, just found this website for it. Made a lot of progress tracking macros this year and loving my workouts. Seems daunting to ditch weighing out my food but it would give me a lot of freedom and if it doesn't work out I can go back to tracking.
Hi Angie! Welcome! Have you read any books on IE? We have an IE resource thread around here somewhere if you would like me to find it and link it for you.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:11 PM   #157  

Hi to all.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #158  

There's an IE thread! I'm so happy to have found it. I have been trying to do IE for a bit over a month now... I have gained a few pounds... I tell myself it's okay. I am still in the "I can eat whatever I want!" mode, and still working on the "Am I full, or am I eating because of X".

Since IE doesn't focus on weight loss at all... I'm curious... Has anyone found themselves smaller by doing IE?
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post
There's an IE thread! I'm so happy to have found it. I have been trying to do IE for a bit over a month now... I have gained a few pounds... I tell myself it's okay. I am still in the "I can eat whatever I want!" mode, and still working on the "Am I full, or am I eating because of X".

Since IE doesn't focus on weight loss at all... I'm curious... Has anyone found themselves smaller by doing IE?
No. But I feel more beautiful, more confident, and there is a weight that has been lifted from my shoulders.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #160  

Wish that was the case for me, Palestrina.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:14 PM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Wish that was the case for me, Palestrina.
Feeling beautiful is not something that comes easy. It is a skill, and it needs to be practiced constantly. Nobody just wakes up and feels beautiful by chance. It takes a lot of work.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post

Yes, I did reach my "goal" weight and size and I maintain it with IE. I am still working on the beautiful confidence feeling Palestrina is talking about though. I believe those feelings are completely independent from weight and I definitely agree that it takes work.

It was/is a very long journey for me, one step forward two steps back sort of thing and I am still working on it. I am happy to say though, that I almost never wonder anymore if I am hungry, and when I am not hungry I genuinely do not want to eat, and I can tell I am full before I am stuffed. It still isn't completely unconscious for me, and I have to maintain a certain level of awareness but it is much much easier than it was in the beginning.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 10-23-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #163  

Ok don't be disappointed in me. I've enrolled in an outpatient program at a very well known ED clinic here in NYC. I've really been struggling lately. Not because of my body image or my weight. But because my ongoing chronic illness (GERD) has been triggering my dysfunctional eating. I have to constantly battle food, food that is not necessarily unhealthy but it still triggers my symptoms. I have to constantly think about what I can or cannot eat and it's keeping me from my sanity. The stress of all this has resulted in pretty severe anxiety attacks, and my most recent anxiety attack landed me in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. My anxiety has never been so physically tangible before. I have been urged by various doctors to seek therapy but I was having a hard time finding any kind of therapist that would treat someone with an eating disorder. So now I'm in ED therapy based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. The program is rigorous, I have to constantly read the book, log my food, and they weigh me at every appointment. I do have mixed feelings about this but it's been getting to the point where I'm getting very sick. I'm not giving up on IE though, and in fact there are many corelations between IE and CBT as far as I can tell. I truly believe there is no way to be a normal eater without IE so I'm hoping this program won't veer me too far from it.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #164  

Palestrina, I am not disappointed in you at all. That sounds serious! I am glad you are getting help. I have read a book that seems to use the CBT method with IE, I am trying to remember what it is called, but I believe you can use both methods at the same time. What book are they having you read? I hope your anxiety attacks become much less. Please keep us updated.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhippie View Post
Palestrina, I am not disappointed in you at all. That sounds serious! I am glad you are getting help. I have read a book that seems to use the CBT method with IE, I am trying to remember what it is called, but I believe you can use both methods at the same time. What book are they having you read? I hope your anxiety attacks become much less. Please keep us updated.
It's called Overcoming Binge Eating