General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #151  
Brandi

S/C/G: 432 / 369 / 177

Height: 5 ' 7

Sorry, I'm kind of treating this thread as my diary now, LOL.

I couldn't take the anticipation, and just had to weigh myself, especially because I have been eating so much on my OMAD,

I want to make sure I'm staying on track....

396 lbs!!! That's 7 lbs. down, and today is my 6th day!!
beddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #152  

Post Away!!

Congrats on the success

I am pretty sure any loss I am seeing is tiny. But I am willing to keep on with this regardless. It is so nice not to have to worry about food and meals.
Once I start exercising and comfortable with that, I will start limiting the amount of food more. I did a short workout video this morning, and no real issues. I was more tired than normal by the time 5PM rolled around, though.

My planned weekend fast is already out the window. I had a birthday a few weeks back and a friend wants to treat me this weekend. My goal is to skip dinner Friday and not eat until dinner until Saturday night,making it 48 hours of a fast instead of my planed 72.
cindy_975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #153  
Brandi

wellp, I survived my 2 days off work. was able to stick to my 8:30pm-12:30am eating window. Today was EXTRA hard though because my daughter insisted on getting some little ceasars, so I was driving back home with the smell of pizza the whole time. I made it! I shocked myself because pizza is my thhaanng. lol
Old 07-25-2016, 11:27 PM   #154  

You will get to the point that the smell of food more than an hour or so outside your feeding time is not appetizing

It has definitely gotten easier for me to skip lunch at work, the donuts in the office, the treats vendors bring in, etc. as this has gone on.

The hardest part is sitting down with someone eating. I will be at a friend's this weekend, and she is a feeder. Will be interesting to see how I do....
Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #155  

Good going, ladies!

I am planning on doing a 3-day fast when I get back from my trip. I am going to read Jason Fung's The Obesity Code on my two 4.5 hour flights to Las Vegas and back, and hopefully I can get back on track with my HFLC plan coupled with the OMAD regimen.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #156  

I keep reading that a 2-3 day fast resets your immune system.
I am hoping my abbreviated 2 day fast this week works!
Maybe I should plan a 3 day fast again in a month or so when I have an empty weekend.

Also, maybe I should fast my dog. He has had cancer and radiation (less than a year ago). If I had known, I would have fasted him while getting his radiation as that is supposed to help kill more cancer cells.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #157  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beddy77 View Post
Sorry, I'm kind of treating this thread as my diary now, LOL.

I couldn't take the anticipation, and just had to weigh myself, especially because I have been eating so much on my OMAD,

I want to make sure I'm staying on track....

396 lbs!!! That's 7 lbs. down, and today is my 6th day!!

Yeah BeddY, I love to read the progress, it's inspiring!
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #158  
Started 4th of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy_975 View Post
I keep reading that a 2-3 day fast resets your immune system.
I am hoping my abbreviated 2 day fast this week works!
Maybe I should plan a 3 day fast again in a month or so when I have an empty weekend.

Also, maybe I should fast my dog. He has had cancer and radiation (less than a year ago). If I had known, I would have fasted him while getting his radiation as that is supposed to help kill more cancer cells.
Ok, If this is true it would be amazing. I am still working to get myself regular with a 18/6 schedule so I'm heading there! I did make it back to 170.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #159  
Started 4th of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
Good going, ladies!

I am planning on doing a 3-day fast when I get back from my trip. I am going to read Jason Fung's The Obesity Code on my two 4.5 hour flights to Las Vegas and back, and hopefully I can get back on track with my HFLC plan coupled with the OMAD regimen.
I'm becoming a Funghead also Maven. I have been watching his vids and it is revolutionary and I'm hoping it works for me.

I've been in the pre-diabetic stage since I tried the Intuitive eating. Unfortunately I didn't realize how close I was to that and just did the eat what you desire part and it pushed me over. So my doc told me I could intuitively eat, but keep it low carb and no processed food. So I still haven't been able to pull myself out of that zone yet, but I know I've been cheating on diets also. But watching the vids of butter bob briggs and Dr. Jason Fung give me an understanding of how this may work.....

The insulin resistance seems to be the main culprit. So I also realized even fruit aren't working for me. I got a glucose reader and it really goes up with fruit. So they must go for now, but I have hope to heal the gut and be able to reintroduce those back. It took me a while to buy the reader and I now know I should have been checking my sugar levels to see how certain foods affect me. Sugar beets are fine and carrots.

Last edited by FinallyFree; 07-27-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #160  
Started 4th of July

.P.S. Maven, I may try and join you on your fast when you get back,,,,,have fun on the trip!
Old 07-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #161  
Brandi

Congrats yall! You can do it!

Today's weigh in : 395.0 another pound gone for good!

I have noticed my face getting thinner which has me so excited! No exercises yet, but have been able to keep up my stretching and calisthenics at night
Old 07-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #162  
Brandi

Last night I ate a whole medium pizza (the frozen kind from grocery store). I felt really guilty about it afterwards, but I did eat half the first sitting, then half 2 hours later. But still, the guilt had me not going to bed so happy.

393.5 lbs.!!! Another one bites the dust and today's my 9th day doing 20:4!!

So I'm happy again! lol
Old 07-29-2016, 09:29 PM   #163  

So 2 weeks in and I'm not hungry at my meal time.
I do however have afternoon headaches.
Supposedly this is due to dehydration, but I drink so much water already that it impacts my sleep! I woke up twice last night to pee...

weight loss is very slow. clothes are fitting looser but it's pretty small difference every week.

Survived a company day at the ballpark and I didn't eat anything!

This weekend I am being dragged to a local garlic festival, how I explain to them I am not hungry will be challenging. So much revolves around food
Old 07-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 155/132/120

Height: 5'5"

Does this work? I've heard that replacing meals with protein shakes or diet shakes can be helpful. I've always wanted to try IF but with two kiddos always eating around you it's kind of hard.
Ehanover82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #165  
300+ Chick

Hello all

I am back into this, starting now..dinner to dinner. I will fast 14-15 ,and have dinner only.I will post daily, and also shy away from the scale for a few days.

Been reading articles on fasting and this could be my lifestyle change efforts.still holding steady on my 20 Lbs loss!!

Welcome newbies!!

Looking forward to hearing a great efforts!!

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote