General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Hello everyone

Just wanted to pop in and say have a great day!!!

I was going to start IF 5:2 this week, but let's just say that didn't work out too well...

So I'm starting on Monday! Hoping this will rev up my weight loss. It seems as though the more weight I lose, the harder it is to lose weight!
Hi, JesikaBeth! Wishing you the best of success on 5:2!

You have done a fantastic job so far - 92 lbs! Wow! And I agree that the weight loss definitely slows down the closer you get to your goal. I think it's a really good idea to switch things up now and again. Hopefully this WOE will kick it back into high gear.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #122  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Hello! I think this may be the thread for me. I'm a fan of Dr Fung and have read his book The Obesity Code. I started an ambitious 7 day fast to help shake my Splenda addiction and as a general re-set. After, I plan to return to LCHF and do the 5:2 IF.

So today is Day One. Ready with water and broth. Wish me well, I've been getting ready to try this for a long time.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #123  
Fighting the Good Fight

Day 2: Yesterday went well, stuck with water and a cup of beef broth. Today, so far so good, very easy so far.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #124  

Welcome, spanky!

Congratulations on your decision to embark on a 7-day fast. I will be very interested to see how you progress, so thank you for your first update. I'm impressed!

I would also like to do something along these lines. When I return from a trip to Las Vegas at the end of the month, I may attempt a 3-day fast. I'm not sure I'm up to a 7-day, but I certainly feel able to do at least 3 days.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #125  
Fighting the Good Fight

Good Morning,

Day 3 today. Still no hunger. Taking in 64 oz. water and a cup of broth daily. A headache woke me this morning and I tried more water, then coffee. Finally just took an Ibuprofen and that fixed it. My BP is okay, (watching it since I'm on BP meds.)

Mostly it's habit or boredom that is making me want to eat, truly not hungry.

Hope everyone else has a good day!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi

I've been lurking for a bit and wanted to introduce myself. I lost 80 pounds back in 2011 but have regained a few (need to lose 10-15). I can't stand calorie counting anymore so I've been doing 16:8 since last Tuesday. Lost 4 pounds the first week, probably water weight, but hopeful that this will help me get closer to my goal. I am 41, work full time, married, two kids (11/14), runner. I look forward to chiming in every now and then.
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #127  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Back from vacation and ready to get back on Plan. Only gained 3 pounds, so not bad for me. I'm going back to read the thread I missed, In the meantime. Welcome all newbies and hope the oldies are doing great!
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:55 AM   #128  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
Hi, JesikaBeth! Wishing you the best of success on 5:2!

You have done a fantastic job so far - 92 lbs! Wow! And I agree that the weight loss definitely slows down the closer you get to your goal. I think it's a really good idea to switch things up now and again. Hopefully this WOE will kick it back into high gear.
Thank you

So I wasn't too successful with IF, but starting it today! I tend to have a hard time when my schedule gets out of whack. I'm feeling motivated though
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #129  
Fighting the Good Fight

Good Morning everybody.

Glad to see more posting here and thanks for the welcomes.

Day 4: I've never made it this far before. Yesterday was difficult and probably why I'd never gotten beyond 3 days in the past. Really lethargic and mentally woozy. I kept going since I'm unemployed this summer and have the freedom to go slowly through my day and deal with times like yesterday. I wanted to see how I felt this morning before I quit. I feel MUCH better and will keep going.

It's interesting to me that the only craving I'm having is for Crystal Lite! Makes me think there really is something going on with me and Splenda.

Down a surprising 6lbs for whatever that's worth. Curious to see where I even out when I start eating again. Same routine today-- water and broth.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Last edited by spanky; 07-12-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #130  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great weekend I was on vacation last week so I didn't stick to my OMAD. I had me and my sons birthday last week, not to mention my brothers birthday is the day after's mines lol. So it was a lot of parties to attend. I did stay on plan with healthy choices so i guess that's a plus. I only had one piece of cake on my birthday.

This week back on plan. Yesterday went great. I'm doing 16:8 at this time.

Spanky Great job on your fast days. I'm going to eventually go back to 5:2, that's how I lost a good majority of my weight. I see you're in Michigan too

[BSouthernMaven][/B] I've done a 3 day fast and it was awesome. I felt so much better after the 3 days. I think that 3 days is my max lol.

Charin on the 4lb loss. It's amazing how well IF works. I really love this lifestyle.

FinallyFree back, I hope you had an awesome vacation.

JesikaBeth Motivation is half the battle. Have a great first day of 5:2, you'll do great.

Have a great day everyone
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #131  
Started 4th of July

Yes LovemyLife,,,,reunion was great! I didn't go to bad off plan, but am glad to be here trying to squeeze back into the 6 Hour window. Congrats on not going hog wild with the parties. One Piece of Cake deserves a medal!

Welcome Spanky, Jessika, and Charin! Wow Spanky, 7 days will be a great detox and start for you new Woe. I believe it really cleanses the system. Right now for me,getting back to the 6 hour window is hard enough. It is amazing how quickly a person goes back to the old ways of eating. But I'm still Artificial sweetner free. That was a big deal for a diet Coke addict.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:02 PM   #132  
Started 4th of July

Yesterday I did a 7 Hour window with zero carb and it took off all my vacation weight plus once extra one! I will do one more zero day and then back to the AIP
Old 07-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #133  
Fighting the Good Fight

Hi everybody!

Winding down Day 5, a sorta rough day. No hunger at all but some muscle cramps, big fluctuations in heart rate, and a brief ocular migraine. Sheesh. Playing it by ear, but will keep going. I guess you don't make those lipid burning enzymes overnight!

My best to all for a great day tomorrow
Old 07-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #134  
Fighting the Good Fight

Well, if anyone is still on the thread, I'm finishing Day 7. Have a great weekend!
Old 07-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #135  

Congratulations, spanky! Amazing accomplishment!

Keep us posted on how things go for you.

I have been slammed with other things so haven't been able to post much at all. Getting ready to go to a convention in Las Vegas in two weeks and have been busy with that.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Sorry I haven't been able to respond much. Will try to do better next week.