3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions

General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #271

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Sounds like a good plan, Jenny! That way you can take as long as you need to adjust your schedule. I shrank my eating window a half hour at a time. I found that sometimes I just had to take time to get used to my eating schedule for a week or so before shrinking again and other times I could shrink it pretty quickly day after day.

I am going to a show today with hubby (Circus 1903) but we aren't meeting up with anyone else so we might or might not eat dinner out. At the moment, we don't have any leftovers (finished up a salmon curry last night), so eating out would be convenient.

yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #272

S/C/G: 331 lbs.

Height: 5'4"

Default Down again😊😊😊

Happy News!!! I am so glad I found the support group!! After reading all of your posts you ladies really inspired me to get back on track. So I did and now I am down to 306.4 pounds!! I am so very happy this is the smallest I've been in about six years, I know calling 306.4 small is an oxymoron but I am ecstatic!!! Three years ago right after my father passed away I got on the scale and discovered I was 355 pounds I realized that I needed to do something. I tried many different things Phentermine, Atkins, the four hour body, conscious eating, you name it. In my search not for a diet but for improving my eyesight I found intermittent fasting and it has changed my life. I felt so much better physically, my eyesight improved and I slept better at night. When I decided to combine it with high-fat low-carb during my eating window I begin shedding the pounds. And even though I have days when I have carbs, it still is working. The key for me seems to be staying in that 8 hour or less window. This is a lifestyle, not a diet and I think that is making the difference. I found myself sliding back on my window because of this new pizza delivery job, but you ladies really inspired me and I am back on track and I cannot thank you enough!!!!! I'm down to 306.4lbs!! That is 25.6 lbs since I started IF back in November 2016! 299 here I come!!!!!!

Last edited by JennyJen27; 03-11-2017 at 01:51 PM.
JennyJen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyJen27 View Post
Happy News!!! I am so glad I found the support group!! After reading all of your posts you ladies really inspired me to get back on track. So I did and now I am down to 306.4 pounds!! I am so very happy this is the smallest I've been in about six years, I know calling 306.4 small is an oxymoron but I am ecstatic!!! Three years ago right after my father passed away I got on the scale and discovered I was 355 pounds I realized that I needed to do something. I tried many different things Phentermine, Atkins, the four hour body, conscious eating, you name it. In my search not for a diet but for improving my eyesight I found intermittent fasting and it has changed my life. I felt so much better physically, my eyesight improved and I slept better at night. When I decided to combine it with high-fat low-carb during my eating window I begin shedding the pounds. And even though I have days when I have carbs, it still is working. The key for me seems to be staying in that 8 hour or less window. This is a lifestyle, not a diet and I think that is making the difference. I found myself sliding back on my window because of this new pizza delivery job, but you ladies really inspired me and I am back on track and I cannot thank you enough!!!!! I'm down to 306.4lbs!! That is 25.6 lbs since I started IF back in November 2016! 299 here I come!!!!!!
JennyJen, that is simply fantastic! I am so very happy for you. There is no doubt that this method has yielded amazing results for many people.

Keep up the good work!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #274

S/C/G: 331 lbs.

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
JennyJen, that is simply fantastic! I am so very happy for you. There is no doubt that this method has yielded amazing results for many people.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks SouthernMaven!!! I'm just so happy to have found this group, and to be back on track and going down the scale😊😊😊.
JennyJen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #275

Hey, Jenny that's great news! Even if you don't go OMAD, your eating window is clearly working for you!

For me, I could lose weight using other approaches, but OMAD is the way that I can maintain. It allows me to celebrate food every day and lifts the burden of continually feeling deprived.

By the way, we did end up eating out after the show -- we went to a pho restaurant. We shared a chicken wing appetizer and I had pho tai (beef soup with noodles and thin-sliced beef that cooks in the broth at the table) with extra veggies. No dessert there, but I had my usual after-dinner nuts and chocolate at home. =)

Last edited by yoyoma; 03-13-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #276

S/C/G: 327/235.2/215

Height: 5'7"

Hope you are doing well Jenny!
May I suggest to make sure and take your measurements if you haven't already. I am thrilled at all the inches I am losing. I am losing inches that previously I only saw those measurements at a lower weight.
How is everyone else doing?
I find the best part of this WOE is my lack of emotional and binge eating.

1st. Goal 248 - Met June 12th. 2017
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #277

Hi, Ubee, nice to see you! =)

Things are still going well for me. I'm afraid my posts would tend to be like that -- pretty boring lol.

At home, we had delicious lamb curry (with lots of veggies) for dinner (have I mentioned I love curries? red curry this time, usually we do green or yellow) for a few days and last night I went out to dinner and a movie with a gf. We ate at a Korean restaurant and I had a spicy cod stew. Nice for a change of pace, but home cooking can't be beat these days.

I totally agree about taking measurements! That is something I gave up on a long time ago. But I think that OMAD has in fact helped whittle my waistline even though I'm right around the same weight. I used to be more clearly apple shaped and now I seem to be heading towards hourglass. =)

Now if only it would magically do something for my upper inner thighs, lol. I've seriously considered interventions for that. I call them my chipmunk cheeks. Normally they are not an issue for me, but they are the one area I dislike when wearing a bathing suit. In fact, they are asymmetrical and my left "cheek" is noticeably larger so I wouldn't mind just trimming that one.

Last edited by yoyoma; 03-16-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #278

Greetings All!

yoyo, my girls are asymmetrical. I guess I could pad one side if it gets more obvious. I just tell myself as long as they are healthy I will be grateful. I am VERY apple shaped. This time though I am losing around my very large waist and I am excited to say my back fat! I thought my back fat would have to be sucked out. Back fat was always very stubborn for me.

I think I may make some curry. My family loves it but I always seem to forget about it.

All is well in OMAD land. It just feels so strange to be losing weight and not feeling deprived or stressed.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #279

Hi folks!

Ubee, I guess we all have some quirk that we focus on, lol.

I just checked my waist hip ratio, and it's nicely within the healthy range. =)

I looked up some old numbers and I see that I was able to get to a healthy range years ago, when I using an eating window but I wasn't doing OMAD yet. I had also made other changes including eating lowish carb and finding a good way to incorporate execise (I'm on my treadmill again, right now!) but OMAD has made it all sustainable for me as well as helping keep the ratio low. But prior to that, my WHR ratio was a real problem for me. When I was younger and yoyo dieting, eating several times a day, I had an unhealthy WHR even when I reached lower weights than I am now.

Yesterday, we had another kind of curry, lol. It was a chicken tikka masala (with lots of veggies) which has more tomato in it than the other curries we make. This was a rush job and we actually used a sauce from a jar because we wanted to eat dinner before we went out to see a movie. We got to see Moana which was still playing a second-run theater -- a fun feel-good movie.

Hope everyone is doing well. No complaints here. =)

Last edited by yoyoma; 03-19-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #280

S/C/G: 238/212/150

Height: 5'2'

I haven't been here in ages so will have to go back and see when I was here last and catch up on everyone. From mid December until just recently my DS and I have been dealing with health issues of our 93 yr old DD. He was diagnosed with CHF and then we had bouts of in and out of hospital stays, doctor's appointments etc. They ended up inserting a pacemaker and he has been steadily improving. There were several weeks that DS and I took turns staying with him so he could have round the clock care besides nurses and therapists coming in. She came and relieved me at 10ish and stayed with him during the day and I would relieve her in the late afternoon when her DH got off work and I stayed all night. Sleeping on a loveseat at my weight was not too exciting. LOL Any way he is pretty much independent now back to driving, doing his own shopping and cooking etc. We see him 2 or 3 times a week, call daily and I go once a week to set up his meds for the week. S

Now that things are back to normal for us, I am back on IF/Moderately low carb. I also am logging on MFP so I can see what my numbers are (makes it easier to count calories and carbs) and logging exercise helps keep me doing it. I joined a IF group on FB and learned that my Carbohydrate Addict's Diet is also considered an IF plan. I kind of lean toward that plan to keep from T2 diabetes under control although I do a modified version. Since I've learned about IF, I like eating within 5 to 8 eating window and find that my bs readings have improved even though I have not been able to stay 100% on plan the past 3 months. I had my 3 month check up yesterday and my A1c was down to 5.8 from 7.2 in December. My new doctor also put me on Trulicity injection once a month, but I hope after doing IF/lower carb I might be able to come off of it when I go back in 6 months.

I am currently reading The Complete to Fasting by Dr. Jason Fung with Jimmy Moore. Choked full of great info that helps me understand why and how I became T2 diabetic and the 2 best ways to get control of it. In fact, according to Dr. Fung, it can be reversed and many don't have to take diabetic meds any more. One way is very low carb and the other is fasting. I figured with all the benefits of both, why not do both. Although I have a tendency to lean toward CAD on a daily basis, I am really interested in ketogenics most of the time with occasional CAD day when I have situations where I can't stay VLC. Another thing I learned from the book is that fasting will get rid of inflammation which I'm interested in since I've started having painful knuckles at time. I hope to get rid of that.

Any way, I am back OP. I'm not ready to eat only OMAD, but I most definitely might have a day or two of it when I get used to eating this way again. I like doing it more intuitively than by the clock.

I look forward to getting to know the newbies and renew old friendships here.
I choose to believe "I CAN"!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #281

Hi Trish,
I'm a IF newbie. So glad your dad is doing better.
I also hope your doctor is able to to take you off Trulicity in 6 months. That would be a great reward for your efforts!
I started out with an 8 hour window but naturally just kept narrowing it to OMAD. It was not my plan but for once I am listening to my body. I am also trying to listen to it when choosing foods. I have low carb choices available so the temptations are not there. If I am out and want a treat I have it. Being too restrictive only works for me short term.
I am very curious what you think of the book. I am thinking of getting it but wondering if most of the info can be found on line. Please let me know your thoughts.
Hi Everyone Else. As yoyo says "No complaints here." (Hope you don't mind. )

Last edited by Ubee; 03-19-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #282

Ubee Thanks for the welcome back. I don't know if you can get all the info online or not. I've read a lot of things online about fasting, but there is a lot of info I got from the book that I had not seen any where else. I got a kindle for Christmas and I decided to see what Amazon had. In fact, I had planned to find something on JUDDD, but saw this book which explains so many things, but it is mostly interesting. I'm the kind of person who likes to know why I have to do certain things and it gave me loads of whys. I love the way that it gives info on the difference in T1 and T2 diabetes. It also makes IF flexible so it can fit whatever I'm doing today getting rid of the feeling that I've blown it if I have to eat differently one day and no restriction if I really crave something. I think it will help me to realize I can get right back OP and not blow the whole deal. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has a lot of questions about fasting. I honestly didn't know there were so many different ways to do fasting.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #283

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Hi omads
I'm 48 male, and doing IF. Semi fasting of 600 calories on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's .

While I'm trying to lose fat , my main goal is improve my lifestyle for longevity. I believe fasting is one of keys . As well as eating healthy, exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.

I can only offer peer support.
I have lost more than 30 lbs on five different diets since I was 25.
The most I lost was 52 lbs on slimfast , and 62lbs on IF4:3

So now I'm using a combination of both .
I've lost 23lbs in 11 weeks . I restarted after a yo-yo two years ago.

Foods
I observe a 40% protein restriction on weekly basis.
Forgive me for writing it out this way.

Monday's 600 cal nuts& berries
Tuesday's 1800 cal shake,salad,&fish dinner
Wednesday's 600 cal nuts& berries
Thursday's 1800 cal shake,salad,&fish dinner
Friday's 600 cal nuts& berries
Saturday's 1800 shake , yogurt, salad, chicken dinner
Sunday's 1800 yogurt, salad, steak dinner.
A seven day average of approx 1300 calories.

For exercise I walk on fast days.
On feed days I either lift or jumprope.

I tried ADF, but found 4:3 easier to stick with long term.
ADF having 182 fast days , and IF 156, but individual schedule is for 144 semi fasting days a year due to 4 planned breaks that last only a week.

So what I see as hurdle is getting enough nutrition uptake and meet this on a weekly basis with health foods, and especially synergy foods. Blueberries for plant based nutrients, and broccoli for meat based nutritional uptake. As well many other synergy foods paired with health benefit foods and spices.

I took me a long time to find a something I want to repeat.
This makes my fourth time with intermittent fasting. It doesn't seem like struggle for me anymore , so it's not the biggest thing in my life. But it is my one of my highest priority. I do cheat on this. Because it is my maintenance plan. Yes I'm doing my maintenance now long before I reach goal. So that when I do reach goal I'll already be well adjusted.

By no means do I think my way is the only way, but if you have any questions about my experience I'll be happy to give you a guess to answer you.

Last edited by Pang; 03-19-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #284

Ubee As I was skimming through the previous messages, from what I've seen you might not need to purchase the Guide to Fasting unless you just want to see if there is info you haven't read. However, I do believe anyone new to Fasting would find it extremely helpful.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:21 AM   #285

Welcome back, Trish! Sorry to hear about the situation with your Dad. That must have been very stressful. I'm glad he is doing better now.

I love Dr. Fung. I don't agree with everything he has written but I feel like he is doing his best to help the most people possible. I agree that IF is flexible. As part of a maintenance plan, I have no problem with eating lunch or party food for special occasions. On those days, I still have a much smaller eating window than most people. And I've had no problem with going back to my normal schedule the next day. =)

Welcome Pang! Like you, I was able to lose weight in the past using different approaches, but I needed IF (in my case OMAD) to be the mainstay of my maintenance approach. My idea was to target about 1400 calories but I don't count the calories my dinner ingredients so I don't really know how many calories I am eating. I use a heaping small bowl to easily standardize the serving size, but I often don't finish so even if I knew how many calories was in the bowl, I wouldn't know how many I actually ate.

I agree that one of the challenges of IF (and any diet really) is getting enough of the nutrients we want in our diets. I struggle to remember to add yogurt and berries once in a while. I think I've got the healthy fats covered and I try to get enough protein.

I almost always have soup before dinner, but yesterday I was craving salad so I had a very large salad of mesclun mix with Japanese ginger dressing and parmesan and that hit the spot. For the entree we had chicken stir fry with brown rice and my usual nuts and chocolate for dessert. I think there's enough leftover so that will probably be tonight's dinner as well.

Last edited by yoyoma; 03-20-2017 at 07:23 AM.