General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Looking for accountability/support buddies!

Hi! I'm 32, in Canada, a mom to a toddler. I weigh 222 lbs at 5'5", size 18, size XXL in tops. My first goal is to get under the 200 mark. I'm trying to eat well - protein and veggies at every meal, sort of counting calories and portions, etc. My pre-pregnancy weight was 185, and I had been 165 previously, so I'd like to get back down to that.

I'd love to connect with ANYONE no matter where you are at your weight loss journey. I'm happy to support you and help you stay accountable and motivated.

I'm new to the forum so I don't know how to use it to maximize the benefits. Any advice appreciated.
upandaway42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/229/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi there! Nice to meet you-I'm in the (almost) exact same boat as you. I'm 44 and have a 10 month old. I was at 166 2 years ago, then ballooned with my pregnancy. My baby boy was 11lb!. I'm now stuck at 229 and can't seem to get things off the ground. I'm thinking about making slow changes and doing things in steps. So for 1 week I'm just going to focus on getting in 8 glasses of water. I've got to get that down first and then move on to step 2. I'm thinking step 2 will be that I have to incorporate 5 fruits/veggies a day. Doesn't matter which combo, just get them in. Those are my short term goals. I'm happy to check in regularly and share how it's going and see how you're doing as well
mistyseaocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:19 PM   #3  

Hey ladies - I'm in a slightly different situation, but am still happy enough to try the buddy system. I do not have a child, so I'm already in awe of you guys, taking care of yourselves in addition to a little person.

I'm pretty consistently ~20-30lbs overweight, which is just enough to feel like crap, but not quite so much as to gall me into immediate action. So I'm looking to establish new systems that will take away the choice to be lazy (which is my main personal challenge) in both food prep and workouts.

I love the idea of eating a minimum of 5 veg a day - I did that last year, and it was a good focus to eat less junk. I'm also reprogramming my exercise routine, to include a bit more metabolic work, and increase some of my lifts (only been maintaining my current strength levels for a while, would like to focus on improving in that area). So in addition to the >5veg rule, I'll likely also be aiming for >1g protein / kg body weight as well.

Looking forward to chatting!
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

i would love to be buddies.I am in northern IL mom of 4..My first big goal is to loose 100 lbs an then see how i feel I have been obese my whole life so I am trying to be realistic on my goal ..charts say i should be around 130 but I am happy just to get in the 1?? any thing and get healthier as i am diabetic, have sleep apnea, high blodd pressure and the list goes on and on
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:17 PM   #5  

Default Accountability buddy

I'm new to the forum. I have been on a diet for the past 30 years. I have been up and down. I'm extremely up right now. I have not come up with a plan yet but I need to loose. I need to be healthier and feel better. I'm a busy mom of 3 but am committed to loosing.
sweetandspicy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:52 PM   #6  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Folks,
I'm jumping in with you and glad to meet you.

Welcome Sweetand Spicy40.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #7  
sus

S/C/G: 180/136

Height: 1.69

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, mom of a 2 year old, I am also trying to figure out how to lose weight, I like the 5 veg/fruit idea as well as the 8 glasses of water, i will try to do those plus no refined carbs, I hope I can stick to this *and* exercising 1 hour at least 3 times a week. Nice to meet you and look forward getting to know you all
susgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:54 PM   #8  

Checking in, how's everyone doing?
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote