General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Default Meal Replacement Shake Diet

I'm going to start a meal replacement shake diet. It's basically Slimfast. But I will be using the Lean Body Hi-Protein Meal replacement shakes.
My plan is as follows:

Breakfast: Shake
Snack: Fruit/nuts/veggies/etc. (some combo of that)
Lunch: Well balanced meal
Snack: Fruit/nuts/veggies/etc. (some combo of that)
Dinner: Shake

I picked Breakfast and Dinner to replace with a shake because I struggle the most with those. Either I don't have breakfast or I get a high-calorie Starbucks drink and pastry.
For dinner, I rarely cook right now, so I'll just grab fast food or a frozen meal.

The total calories I'll be aiming for to start is 1350 calories a day.
My activity level right now is nonexistent. I just walk my two dogs outside 3-4 times a day for 10-15 minutes at a time. And it isn't a brisk walk.
As I add in more activity, I will increase my calories so I have enough energy to work out.

Has anyone done this sort of program?
Any tips?
Let me know if you want to join me and we can motivate each other!
luvmyshorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #2  

Hi There,

I also follow a meal replacement diet, Optifast.

I've been on it since July 2015 and have lost around 66pounds (30kg metric, since I'm Australian).

I actually follow three meal replacements a day plus a 2-4cup serving of low carb vegetables.

It's tough, and after four and a half months I am sooooo over it, but it works, so definitely hang in there :-)
Amsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #3  
Intermittent Lifestyle

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'9

I use meal replacements on occasion.
I don't want to sound critical so ill try to choose my words wisely.
first I know you're making a change and that's a big deal. I hope you gain confidence that you can keep making improvements.

I used to use slim fast 15 years ago. I did lose 51 lbs.
but when I stopped. The weight came back on.
it's not the shakes fault though. If I go back to old habits then I can't expect the product to control my metabolism after I stopped using it. Right?

Many other yoyo weight losses and gains lat er.
I got some advice to focus on what my eating habits will be when i reach goal.

basically can i . While losing weight practice eating meal portions . Or calories per day at goal weight. Keeping track on what actually satisfy me per meal.

doing this i believe will help make the transition from a weight loss lifestyle to weight maintenance lifestyle. Which has been my Issue. Gaining it back.

so i do use the shakes still. But rarely. Its like i tool I keep in my dieting tool belt.

personally I choose to add coffee and other flavors my favorite is dark choffee sweetened with stevia. About once a month I have an all liquid day. To help ease into my meal plan.
I try to loose 2lbs of fat in week. I use the liquid drinks to help the stomach with hunger pangs.

Last edited by Jump 360; 11-29-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Jump 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

Hi

I am with you on this method...started today and used to done slim fast years ago and was almost at goal. So far so good am doing. I am having 3 shakes and no snacking..just drinking water,coffee and diet coke between meals. I need to shed over 100# .I will keep you posted.

Hoping you are doing good..

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

On my chocolate shake, I put frozen apples chunks, or banana...w ground cinnamon!! So yummy!! Also I use soy Chocolate milk to add ,not fat free milk. I tweak my way hehe..
Old 11-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #6  
300+ Chick

I weigh daily and so far am down 21 Lbs!! So far.. :scale: am happy and losing!! I feel better!!
Old 11-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #7  

Ooh, just want to point out that I agree with Jump360.... you have to be really careful when you come off the meal replacement products.

I'm doing my program with a dietician. Once getting through the Intensive phase of the program, she'll help me reintegrate "normal" foods back into my lifestyle so that I don't just fall back into old habits.

I can't stress how important this is, you can't just stop meal replacement and go back to eating what you did before.

:-)

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that :-)

I love my program, I feel so much better and have heaps of energy and have gone down a stack(!!) of dress sizes. I'm nervous about the next stage of the program (re-introducing regular foods) but am excited to move on.

Good luck everyone!

:-)
Amsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I realize there are people who are greatly helped with meal replacement shakes. I would feel as though I'm drinking a milkshake and want a burger and fries with it. The problem I find with them is they don't teach you good eating habits. As soon as you reach goal and go back to eating regular food you are in the same place as you were before you started. You still have to develop good eating habits to maintain the weight. Having said that, I hope everyone who is doing this does well with it. There is always help available here when you start to re-introduce regular foods. It's just not for me. I have to chew something.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #9  
300+ Chick

This morning had a meal...and now having a shake for a snack...I used cashew milk,frozen apples,cinnamon...yummy!!!

Down 19 Lbs so far!!

Later
Old 12-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #10  
300+ Chick

Oh and French vanilla slim fast!!
Old 12-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #11  
300+ Chick

Just had French vanilla slim fast shake w cashew milk, frozen banana for lunch...Will have more for dinner, and evening snack.

Hoping all is doing good.. you can do it!!
Old 12-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #12  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Default i do it!

I have been doing a shake type lifestyle.. I dont follow the ******** program but I do use there chocolate protein shake. I have a 1/2 shake for breakfast with 1/2 banana and then in 3 hours do another 1/2 shake with 1/2 banana and then i have a snack of string cheese then i have a calorie controlled meal( whatever i want just calories monitored) and then finsh with 1/2 shak plus 1/2 banana at night for dessert. My whole diet is calorie monitored. I make sure to never go beyond my calorie goal for the day BUT have been including 2 days of intermittent fasting a week and 1 cheat meal a week..Note i said "meal" not day... Its going great.. down almost 40 pounds
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #13  
Cindy1203

S/C/G: 155/155/120

Height: 5'5

I've tried so many different shakes and cleanse juices. None of them worked for me. I lose a few lbs in a week and then gain it back right away..
Cindy1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #14  
300+ Chick

Gurl... on your progress!! Keep it up!! Thank you for sharing.

I am good and this plan works. I am control and its fun on choosing fruits in smoothie!! I can live on this!!

Back in 1999 when I did slim fast, had lost over 100 Lbs..but gained it back ..did not knew IF till now. I am so prepared on my lifestyle change efforts!!
Old 12-03-2015, 10:17 PM   #15  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Great Job Lillian on your progress! I know you can do it! You did it once before..so whats another time.. Lets make this the last diet we ever go on hey.. I have loved my chocolate shake with 1/2 banana..i like to do a scoop of powder plus a tsp of unsweetned cocoa powder and 1/2 bannana to 4 oz of water and 7 ice cubes...the result is a Wendys like frosty!!

I personally always loved Slim Fast chocolatey royal flavor..soo good!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote