General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145

Height: 5'4

Default A lost newbie here

Hey Guys!!
I have a question. Does over sleeping cause any difference to the weight loss? I work at night shifts, so i get to sleep around 5am in the morning, and then wake up 3pm the next day! its almost 10 hours each day! Crazy i know! i do feel that when i used to get 6 hours of sleep, i used to have a normal weight, but the excessive sleep hours dont let me lose weight that easily.
farah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

In my experience, it's the other way around. As I lost weight and adopted a healthier lifestyle I needed less sleep.

At 281lbs I would routinely sleep 10 hours a night and even sleep in the day, if I got the chance. Now I run just fine off of 6-7 hours sleep.

Being fat just tires you out.

But if you are just 145lbs I doubt weight is your biggest issue with respect to sleep. You might just be young. Which requires more sleep in itself!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #3  

I would think its the other way around. Usually you need a good nights sleep to help you lose weight.
franola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #4  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

so, the studies say obesity and sleep issues are related. If you are sleeping 10 hours a night and they are really crappy hours that's not good. Generally they say sleeping too much (more than 9) also increases your risk for obesity.

I would say because you are third shifter, your sleep might be hindering your loss. That's only one piece of the puzzle, however.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote