General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 09:39 AM   #1  

Default Low Carb versus Not

Hello!

Has anyone who has tried eating caloric equivalents of both a low-carb diet and a diet that isn't carb restricted noticed a difference in muscle tone, energy, or weight loss rate between the two diets?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2003, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have tried a low carb diet once before and I felt lethargic and had terrible headaches...I lasted about 3 days. I am a calorie counter, and find that high sugar foods like donuts and cookies also zap my energy level...for me the best is a low calorie diet that doesn't restrict carbs, but the TYPES of carbs I eat-choosing fruits, vegetables, and whole grains such as oatmeal and whole wheat pasta over simple carbs like Pop-Tarts and cookies. My energy level is much higher, and I stay fuller longer, and have had much better success.
Aphil
Old 08-16-2003, 07:10 AM   #3  
Om shanti

That's pretty much the approach my wife and I use. I can't remember the last time we saw a piece of bread, or any cereal. And added sugar is unheard-of here. Yet, I get over 50% of my calories from carbohydrates, mostly from fruit, vegetables, rice, and corn.
Closed Thread