General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:57 AM   #1  

Default Dr. Anderson's Simple Diet Support/Check in

I hope that the few of us who are following this diet can check in here for support.
A little about me: I am a 33 year old mom to three. I quit teaching to stay home when my last child was born 16 months ago and have really gained alot of weight since then. I feel like I sometimes snack all day because there is limitless food right at my fingertips. I have struggled with weight all my life. I like the idea of this diet because it is easy and much cheaper than some other packaged meals. I hope this thread will be somewhere that we can come for support and motivation.
CajunAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #2  

Hi CanjunAnnie,
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm sure you have your hands full with three kids, including a 16 month old! I work at home, which as you know makes food accessible constantly! It's a challenge! But one we can conquer. Thus far I'm doing pretty well. Though I'm out of the Spiru-tein shakes I've been using (as of last night), more will be delivered today, and I have some leftover Diet Direct shakes if there's a delivery glitch. They aren't my fave mostly because I don't like to use soy but for one or two meals they will do. I do find that I sometimes want to eat more solid food than 2 small frozen meals and I confess that I've had 3 rather than 2 a couple of times. I am not down about that as even with 3 my intake is still lower than it was before I started. But I do want to stick to just 2 because I'd like to see faster rather than slower results. For me that means making another shake if hunger is an issue rather than reaching for another entree.

I am clinically hypothyroid which does make things a bit more challenging - I take thyroid medicine every day. Mostly what I find is that the thyroid condition results in my frequently feeling much more tired than I used to feel, and of course it's easier to pack on pounds as a result. But I do know that I can be slim again, which in and of itself will give me energy. I also really, really want to fit back into my beautiful clothes!

I read an interesting article which suggested that people who want to lose weight really clarify for themselves just why they want to lose, so that they can use that vision to strengthen their determination if they find themselves tempted to indulge. The article suggested that we imagine that we have met a genie who has the power to instantly grant our wish to be perfectly slim, providing we can make a real case for just why we want and deserve that change. I thought that was kind of cool as it made me kind of hone my case for making this change. For me it's three-fold: I want to feel energetic and healthy, I want to look good, and I want to feel more able to be more involved and spontaneous socially without feeling embarrassed by my appearance.

I live in California by the sea and mountains. It's a beautiful day, the roses are blooming and the pelicans are flying! Hope you are well, and I hope that others will join us and post. I benefit by daily posting and it's really nice to talk with others who are on the same path!

Have fun today!
Au_Contraire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #3  

I am using Ideal Shape shakes. They taste good and are pretty cost effective at about $1.30 a shake. I blend them with ice and frozen banana. The hunger is hard for me to deal with too. I have not been following the diet perfectly but I am moving more and eating less. Hoping to follow the protocol today.
My reasons for wanting to lose weight are the same as yours. I went on vacation to the Texas Gulf Coast a few weeks ago and felt so inhibited due to my weight. Not to mention being so hot. I'm used to the heat as I live in South Louisiana but it doesn't make it any more fun.

Hope your day is good!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #4  

Hello friends I am on this one 2. Love it.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #5  

Hi you guys! I hope your week is going well! Me, I'm doing okay, still dealing with some hunger but I can handle it. I was thinking that I should probably put myself on a schedule - if I had more of an eating schedule instead of just eating whenever I feel like it, my body would probably get used to it in fairly short order and it might benefit me. I work from home and live alone so there really are no external factors involved in when I eat.

I do find that a large mug of herbal tea with a little milk and sweet n low (I know it's not ideal) really does help me with late night hunger especially, it tastes good, is warm and helps me to feel full.

I bought the wrong kind of frozen entrees by mistake, they were next to the diet selection and I was looking for a particular flavor and saw it, I thought it was the right one but it's not diet. I got about 8 of them! I'll just give them away, as they are 450-480 calories each.

Classykaren, how long have you been doing this diet? And CajunAnnie, how about you?

Have a beautiful day today!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #6  

Hello Au Contraire. I am waiting for the book. Been on it for 4 or 5 days, lost 6 pounds even with a little cheating.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #7  

Wow Karen, that's excellent! I just got the book too. What shakes are you using? My favorite shakes are those made by HMR. They are $38.50 for a box of 17 shakes, depending on which formula you select. But I like the ones I'm using now too, the nutrition is good.

How old are you guys? I was pretty much born back when the earth was still cooling.

Wishing you all a wonderful 4th of July!
Old 07-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #8  

I hope yall had a good 4th. I did ok foodwise but I definitely didn't follow the diet. Today is a new day and I will follow today. My husband has been off of work for the past few days and that always throws me for a loop. He wants to eat out. I also sleep late due to no alarm so I tend to miss exercise.
Today we will go to Chickfila and I will get the grilled chicken salad and count it as 2 entrees. Hope yall have a great day!
Old 12-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #9  
Aiming 4 first pregnancy

S/C/G: 330/305/230

Height: 5'5"

Hi -
I am doing HMR (started six weeks ago), but I also got the 'Simple Diet' book which is the same program (minus the $330 monthly fee!).
Anyone else doing Simple Diet or HMR?
ForRealForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #10  
Aiming 4 first pregnancy

S/C/G: 330/305/230

Height: 5'5"

CajunAnnie, Au Contraire, and ClassyKaren - are you still doing this?
ForRealForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 272/192/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Anyone interested in reviving this thread?

I will be starting this plan on Friday 1/9. I need an easy plan due to medical issues. I will be posting daily for accountability that I sorely need.

I am a 60 year old mother of 2 and grandmother of 5 beautiful grandchildren.

When I am physically able I enjoy walking in nature and photography. I also volunteer with animal rescue (mostly dogs).

Anyone have a favorite brand of shakes? Frozen entrees?

Never give up!
thinin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/218/160

I am using the Simple Diet. So far it has worked very well for me.

I started on the day after Christmas, Dec. 26. I have already lost 6 pounds. It is very motivating for me to see results.

I am using the Wal-Mart Equate brand shakes, and am making my choices of frozen entrees from the selections on sale at my grocery store. So far the plan has been easy for me to follow.

I hope things go well for you, thinin08.
SunnyDayMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #13  

Hi Sunnydaymom,

You are doing awesome on TSD! Thanks for responding.

I will be starting TSD this Friday and will be happy to have support as well as offer support.

I managed a beautiful 20 minute walk this morning in the sunshine and warmer temps. I may try another 20 minutes this afternoon.

Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday!

I am the ONLY person who controls what I eat and drink!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #14  

Guess no one is interested. I started TSD this morning.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/218/160

Hello Thinin08,

Hope things go well for you today with starting on The Simple Diet!
SunnyDayMom is offline   Reply With Quote