3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   anyone tried "eat right for your type"? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/30124-anyone-tried-eat-right-your-type.html)

snflwr 08-03-2003 06:36 PM

anyone tried "eat right for your type"?

hello- a friend at work has this book, and i've skimmed thru it. sounds very interesting. was looking for feedback. anyone????

snflwr 08-07-2003 05:38 PM

well its too bad noone has, cause i'm having great success!!!! just about 3 lbs since monday. i highly recommend reading the book.

srmb60 08-07-2003 05:45 PM

I am. Sorry, I didn't answer sooner but I don't get the computer away from the kids very often :)
I found I felt much better but didn't really lose weight (maybe a pound or two). I had to cut portion sizes too. Dr D'Adamo says himself that you can eat too much of anything .... and I did.
What type are you? I'm an A.

snflwr 08-07-2003 09:07 PM

yeah, i'm A too. so far so good. i was trying atkins/sbd and they werent working, and now i know why. my beneficial protein is no red meat. well, that was all i was eating. so im sticking w/this. i really feel great. did you eat a lot of soy???

srmb60 08-07-2003 09:13 PM

Is that a goat in your avatar??? I love goats, have 4!
I tried Atkins too. I lost a few pounds quickly but gained it back.
Actually, I've tried almost everything :) ER4YT while counting calories and walking is the only thing that has worked this well.
Are you having any trouble areas? I'm really missing tomato sauces and cheeses. I need to hunt for some grains and some cheesy type things.

sorry I missed the part about soy and had to go back and edit. I have soy milk and burgers and I've tried hotdogs and cheese. I'm going to experiment more with tofu and textured vegetable protein.

snflwr 08-08-2003 05:42 PM

i have a goat, gabby, who looks just like my photo. they are very sweet animals.
yes, i really miss cheese and tomato's- ketchup, sauce, in a salad.
i hope to try more soy stuff, as i dont think i am getting enough protein. any suggestions??? have you had the ezekial bread? not bad at all. just no butter. : ( well, p/b is ok. thanks for replying. thought more people would be interested.

srmb60 08-12-2003 07:36 PM

I was discussing er4yt with the girls at work today and ended up running off about 8 copies of food lists of various "TYPES". Some are starting to suffer from arthritic type stuff, fatigue and everybody wants to lose a few pounds. It might catch on yet.

srmb60 08-27-2003 01:20 PM

How's everyone doing?
I tried textured vegetable protein. I reconstituted it with chicken broth and it's pretty good. We've had tacos and wraps. Cheap and very versatile.

srmb60 09-07-2003 12:55 PM

I've found a sub for tomato sauce! Cook carrots until they are soft and puree them with some onion and garlic. I put this on pasta and it was good. But on a pizza shell with low fat mozzarella, wonderful! I'm going to experiment with other spices and turkey sausage. I love pizza.