General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #256  
Lee-anne

S/C/G: 165/135/110

Height: 1.58cm

DM77 - Thanks so much for the good wishes! I wish you the best on your own journey as well! After some thinking I've decided to see how I do on 4:3 fasting. My biggest meal of the day is lunch at 12pm (yeah right in the middle of the day) so I've decided for 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) I will eat 1 meal a day (lunch).

I'm not going to worry about the calories in that meal so my weekly deficit will probably vary because of that, but that's fine, just as long as the scales move DOWNWARD I don't care how far down they go a week! Haha Oh and then obviously I will eat normally the rest of the days. I'm not going to deprive myself, but I'll try to not act like an idiot either. I'll see how this method goes first and then if it doesn't work I'll go back to just skipping breakfast.
LeeAnne0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #257  
Lee-anne

Oh and one more thing I forgot to add (sheesh I'm spamming this whole thread aren't I haha). In addition to 4:3, I'm also doing weight training 5x a week. So for the 3 days I don't eat breakfast I think it will be interesting to see how THAT goes!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:15 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome LeeAnne and Jer. It's been a few days since I posted so I just wanted to stop by to say hello.

Well last week was successful for me for my two fast days. I hope to have as much success this week. DM, good luck on the new plan, I hope it's a smooth transition for you.
Noname and lighten up, how did it go for you gals last week?
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:07 AM   #259  
Lee-anne

Fasting went well today! I even got through my workout with ease!

However...

Do any of you experience like massive brain fog when you fast? I'm supposed to be studying for exam on Wednesday and I can for the love of me not concentrate on ANYTHING! Any ideas?
Old 05-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 74.8kg/72.8kg/65kg

LeeAnne0012 - Thank you very much! I'm glad it's going well for you so far! However, I haven't experienced brain fog while I fast. In fact, I feel much sharper mentally. So I'm afraid I can't help you there. :/ Maybe you can take another look at your diet. If your carb intake is high, reduce it and increase protein/fiber. That's what I do to make my hunger more stable. Maybe it can help with your mind issue? Or experiment with different fasting to see if it suits better? Just brainstorming here.

ShaMac - it's awesome that you had a successful week! Keep it up!

My update: I'm definitely getting more hungry than usual. I'm still on track with 16:8 fasting. Actually, I've gotten to 18:6 few times because I was simply not hungry. Now, well, not anymore. Lately, I'm super hungry.

In fact, I'm currently writing this post to distract myself from the temptation of eating night snack on my fasting window. :S TOM hasn't come yet (late), but it's already making it more difficult. I just hope I can hold it together and pull it all way through! Does anyone have experience with this? If so, any tips!?!?

I also woke up with a weird pain (it comes and goes so it's not bad) in my stomach this morning. I thought it was due to fasting, but when I ate on my eating window, it didn't go away so I'm unsure. Weird day.

My weight seems to stay stable (yeah it goes up and down, but my average is lower than last week, so that's okay), so I'm not too worried. I'm more worried about my TOM and my getting weaker willpower. I don't wanna fall! Okay, I will shut up now.

Last edited by Dm77; 05-11-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Dm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:50 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 74.8kg/72.8kg/65kg

Hi again, I hope you're doing well. It's a bit too quiet here!

Anyways, just wanted to update you, so far I have only maintained my weight during my TOM, which is actually impressive because knowing myself I always cave in and give up at that point because of weight gain. My cravings are actually much easier to control with 16:8 fasting window (it can be 18:6 though). I believe it has been 3 weeks since I started IF, so far I'm liking it so I don't see why I should stop it anytime soon! Only bad thing is that I have experienced extra fatigue, but it could be related to my TOM anyways not my IF. I already am feeling more back to normal so I think it's just my TOM throwing me off.

Anyways, have a great day wherever you are!
Dm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:14 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 243/240.2/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi to everyone:

I'm another newbie to the forum and sort of new to IF. I tried the JUDDD diet about a year ago for several weeks. I did lose weight on it, but found the every other day fast to be too hard to maintain.

So last week I started testing 16:8, possibly combined with 5:2. I have read that it's an effective combination for weight loss, and my age and hormones are now obstacles to easy loss. My first fast day was last Friday, so today is my first full week doing it.

The thing is, I can make it through fasting okay most of the time. My biggest difficulty is the way my stomach starts feeling after I have gone through several fasting cycles. I wake not hungry, but with an uncomfortable feeling like my stomach is a little upset. It does recede a bit after some water or coffee, but it's disconcerting.

Does anyone else have this? And if you have done the cycles for awhile, does it continue to feel that way? I would love to be able to keep doing this without it annoying me.

Thanks!
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #263  

Default Question about time

So with 16:8 what time do you usually stop eating? I usually stop eating at 8pm and start eating again at 12pm...is that how you do it? Or should I be fasting more during the later afternoon? And I agree with some people on here, taking a appetite suppressant would. I sometimes get hungry around 10-11am and that would help me get through my trouble time. Liporidex looks good. Are there any other appetite suppressants anyone can recommend?
Danni_peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 243/240.2/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni_peck View Post
So with 16:8 what time do you usually stop eating? I usually stop eating at 8pm and start eating again at 12pm...is that how you do it? Or should I be fasting more during the later afternoon? And I agree with some people on here, taking a appetite suppressant would. I sometimes get hungry around 10-11am and that would help me get through my trouble time. Liporidex looks good. Are there any other appetite suppressants anyone can recommend?

Hi Danni:

Like I said, I'm still a newbie, but it looks like you're doing 16:8 just fine. My schedule is a little different, as I have a lot of activities that don't get me home until late evening, so I have dinner as late as 9pm at times. I fast from 10pm to 2pm, and most days that's pretty easy so far.

In fact, since I posted that question a couple of days ago about the sickish feeling in my stomach, that seems to have gone away. I've felt great from the time I got up today all the up to breaking my fast.

I haven't tried any appetite suppressants. A large cup of coffee in the morning seems to do okay for me.
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #265  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hi guys, long time no update. I am still doing my two 500 calorie fasts per week, though I missed one last week or the week before, I can't remember. But I am still maintaining.

I'm trying to up the exercise and my boyfriend is ready to lose weight again so I think food will get easier, too. He's on call for work this weekend, which for me usually means less indulgence. Maybe I'll actually lose some weight this week :P
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #266  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Seems I've naturally fallen into this pattern again - and this time it's working WITH work (was difficult last late summer/early fall).

Last few days I've had coffee with a bit of half and half for breakfast, a single protein bar around noon and sometimes a 2nd around 2, other times nothing until dinner. Then I have a big dinner and I'm satisfied for the day.

I would like to keep that pattern as it's WAY too hard to prepare dinner for everyone and then not be able to eat what they are eating (sans carb side), but most of the family has taken to eating a much lower carb dinner over the last few years, so even that has gotten easier.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Geesh! I haven't been here in forever because I've been simply swamped with work. I'm about 5lbs up since the last time I checked in and have been sitting there... I'm starting again tomorrow. Doing my usual combo of 5:2 and 16:8... I've been unmotivated for whatever reason in the exercise department and really need to get a swift kick in the behind. I started a plank challenge with my sis and getting back in the swing tomorrow at the gym. Starting with a fast tomorrow.... Wish me luck! I hope everyone is doing well!
nayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:20 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Yesterday went as expected the first day after many weeks. 16:8 instead of a fast but had under 1000 calories. Need to up my water intake...
nayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #269  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hi nayla, welcome back! Any end in sight to all the work? Great job on your first day. Next one will be easier

Still managing my two fast days a week here...need to be better on nonfast days as I've been maintaining for months. Feeling good about this month. We'll see!

I've upped the exercise a lot and I'm running over 10 miles a week now, woohoo!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightenup2014 View Post

Noname--I think "zoodles" are noodles made from zucchini? I could try that, but my husband probably would not. Do you just mix them into your regular pasta, and your SO just has the pasta? Honestly, I think I could avoid pasta altogether, but I do love pesto sauce and tomato sauce. Sometimes I just put the pesto right on my salad!
I make zoodles for myself. DH would not eat them. I didn't like them with tomato sauce but once I tried them with pesto sauce I was sold! It is so good! I usually eat pasta when I make it for DH but that's only about once a month so I don't feel guilty about it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote