General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I would like to join you. I am now officially giving up "dieting", coming back to intuitive eating and also 16:8 fasting.

Has anyone read the latest study regarding time restricted fasting? It is awesome. I would like to post the link here. Can we post links to studies? Thanks.
marigolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:10 AM   #62  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

marigolds I would really like to read that study!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #63  

Height: 5'4"

I'll have to find out if we can post links. I don't know if this website allows it, and I don't want to get into trouble. But in the meantime you can google Journal of Cell Metabolism+Time-Restricted Feeding is a Preventative and Therapeutic Intervention against Diverse Nutritional Challenges

It's one awesome study. Although done on mice, most researchers say that most successful human lifestyle interventions were first tested in mice!
marigolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hello. I am returning to IF after a year on Weight Watchers. I lost 15 pounds. WW was not for me. I decided to eat what I enjoy but keep an eye on portions and include healthy food. I added green smoothies to my diet. I have a smoothie in the morning, snack at noon and a full meal in the afternoon. I am following the 18/6 plan. I have a six hour “feeding window” each day with 18 hours of fasting. Sometime I alternate with the 16/8 plan. I notice that most people have their eating window later in the day. My eating window starts 9 or 10 am. I came back to IF because I had some success in the past. I didn’t feel hungry all the time. The first week on IF is a challenge but by the third day it get easier.
Valeriao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

Hi everyone,

I'd like to join this thread - if I haven't already

I just read an article about that Time Restricted Eating study in the New York Times Magazine yesterday. It summarizes it. You can google that and it comes up. I went to the Cell Journal's site and I would have to join to read the whole thing. I don't even need convincing since I've read 5:2 and watched the documentary and have done other reading on IF. I need to implement it.

I look forward to reading everyones experiences.
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #66  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Crimzon, was it this article? I will read soon!

I had a loss in the family (grandfather) so have not been following any plan at all for the last week. Today I am finally home and back to work and am attempting a fast today. I'm not even fasting today for the weight loss - I'm just hoping that being back in my routine will help me emotionally. Plus, my IBS is once again creeping its way back and I don't want to have to deal with that right now...so far, so good, but it's still early.

Hello to all the new faces!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Hello all,

Noname sorry to about your loss, I hope you are doing well and hopefully getting back on your diet won't add to the stress.

As for me I haven't been posting consistently myself but I am still on track. My first fast day for this week was Sunday, I will do my second one tomorrow. My fast days so far have been hard mentally but I know I need time to get use to my routine before it starts to get easier.
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:42 PM   #68  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm soo sorry for your loss too Noname.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 239/203/159

Height: 5'7"

Hello! I have been lurking on this board for a few weeks. I have been doing IF 16:8 for about three months. I started Wonderslim in July but IF is easier so I only use one protein shake a day when I end my fast. So far I'm down 35 pounds, love this diet. I just thought I would introduce myself. I've appreciated reading about all of your experiences with this diet. :-)
Cobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #70  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Thanks guys!

I managed one 500 calorie fast this week. I am also fasting today until dinnertime but with no calorie limit. I've only had a 2 pound gain over the last couple weeks, so I'm content with that. Trying to avoid alcohol and overeating. I don't think a year ago I would have done as well as I have.

ShaMac - It will definitely get easier. Just keep pushing through. If you ever are struggling, just hop on her or message me.

Cobble - glad it is working for you!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:27 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

I just started this and on my 3rd day. Tried 2/5 but had a hard time with that because 24 hours are tough. I can do 16 easy. What is average weight lose rate per week? Just am trying to set a positive expectation.
healthygoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Noname, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather. An emotional event like that always seems to upset your regular schedule. I have also heard that IBS can be affected by stress. Seems like you have it under control.

Crimzon and Noname, I liked and saved that article about Time Restricted Eating. The only think I didn't like about it was when they said the study results were done with no exercise. I know you can lose weight without exercise, but it is of so much importance to the body for other reasons. Everyone, fat or thin, should have some type of exercise in their daily routine.

I also noticed that they said your eating window begins with the first cup of coffee that includes cream and sugar. I never counted that. As a diabetic, I use sugar-free creamer, but it still has calories.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep. I got up and ate a small piece of leftover chicken breast. Went back to sleep after that. I have done that a couple other times, too, although I don't make a habit of it. It not only helps with sleep, but my blood sugar is a little lower in the AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:48 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

I read something that now helps me fall asleep or go back to sleep. Breath in through your nose slowly for 4 counts. Then hold your breath for 7 counts then breathe out through your mouth for 8 counts. Repeat for several cycles then I resume normal breathing and I am asleep in a few minutes. It slows the heart and calms the mind.
healthygoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:08 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 239/203/159

Height: 5'7"

Healthygoals - I have been losing 1.23 pounds per week, if that helps. There is an App called Fasting Secret I have found helpful.

Has anyone switched from a 16 hour fast to an 18 hour fast and seen a change in their results?
Cobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #75  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

I fasted Tuesday successfully. I binged yesterday 3700 cals! Not from fasting but because I ate a trigger food. I cannot have wheat or sugar. I am even allergic to it and suffered horrible pain but still....

So fasting today. So far excellent. Edit to end the day at 293 cals. I ate 4 times just very small amounts but I also kind of had an eating window unintentionally.
apple
celery & hummus
potato
carrots

Been away so I'm sure I have missed a ton. NNS I see you have had a loss and I'm sorry.

Last edited by AmethystJean; 01-29-2015 at 11:09 PM.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote