General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #16  
Getting Baby Ready!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'3

Ok. I'm up ready to make a list of things that I think I may need this week. Definitely want to keep my dietary fat down this week to see if that helps Shake things up so maybe I will incorporate more beans this week. This beans will help with the iron deficiency. I think I will incorporate quinoa, beans, w/ veggies, and maybe some different kinds of rice into my diet this week. I bought these things before my surgery so may as well get to cooking. Gotta go pick up some more dark leafy greens from the organic store.

Maybe I will look up a recipe now! Yes, definitely a good idea. We need a little more structure this week! I will at least worry about Monday - Wednesday right now. Ok. Off for some herbal tea and some possible recipe ideas. Will be back!

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 11-23-2014 at 11:29 AM.
BUNDLEOFJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: H~285... 260/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

I love the idea of 5 lb goals, especially when you're so close to your final goal! I'm also about 20 lb from my (right now) goal and I certainly celebrate every 5 lb loss!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #18  
Getting Baby Ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post
I love the idea of 5 lb goals, especially when you're so close to your final goal! I'm also about 20 lb from my (right now) goal and I certainly celebrate every 5 lb loss!
Oooooh! I see you are Soooo close to your goal weight too! We can do this! ...5lb little pounds at a time !

The last 20lbs come off so easy for Some but can be a challenge for others. For me, I think my body likes it around 160. If I don't watch my weight at all i think it would just stay right around that SET POINT. Grrr! But I'm NOT having it. 150's here I come
Old 11-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: H~285... 260/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

My goals have changed a few times. I guess that's pretty normal. When I was 260, 230 felt impossible! Then, I just wanted "onederland"... I'd be happy with 199. And then I wanted to no longer be "obese" (184.9). And then I wanted to be my driver's license weight from ten years earlier (180). Once I reached that, I set my new goal to 160 which would be a 100 lb loss, but the top of the "healthy" range for me is 155... So that's the current goal.

Once I get there, or close, who knows if I will want to continue or start maintenance. In any case, I'm happy with myself now and I want to continue ENJOYING THE JOURNEY to fitness.

My weight loss was slow (over the course of 2 years), so I'm not in any hurry.
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #20  
Getting Baby Ready!

I am so so happy!! I've been LOST without my activity tracker the last few days. I had the tracker but could not find the darn charger, but YES OH YES, I found it! Now I can track my calories eaten vs calories burned accurately. I'm just weird like that. I'm a numbers person and love to see exactly what I am doing so I know exactly why I'm losing ( or not). I'm charging this bad boy up now. Can't wait till tomorrow. I am almost tempted to go to the gym. All I know is - I want to burn more than 100 calories, so tomorrow, with my activity tracker and heart rate monitor on my body, I will either increase that incline or walk long enough that I at least burn 300 calories. To be honest, I really want to burn 500 but I'll just see how I feel tomorrow. Im greedy like that. I want it all. I want my success now! I'm definitely not trying to compromise my healing from my surgery tho.. I will just listen to my body and go from there but I'm just so pumped about my little polar tracker. Love that thing!

So yesterday I went and bought a plethora of teas ..oolong, mint teas, raspberry leaf, and some flavored green teas. I am doing so well saying NO to coffee. I think the teas (certain ones) help with my appetite as well. Another plus!

I didn't find a recipe I wanted to make. Instead I bought a couple cans of Amy's Kitchen Chili because I had a taste for some of that. While I was in the store I was thinking that maybe I should pick up a few of her other meals and just have 1 of those on the days where I have no idea of what to eat. That would probably help a lot actually..just have one of those for lunch or dinner.

Tomorrow, I think I may pick up an eggplant to make a eggplant sandwich. Has anyone had that from cheesecake factory? So delicious. It has eggplant, roasted red pepper, red onion tiled with mozzarella cheese and garlic mayonnaise. I should attempt to duplicate it! I love doing that. I can make that sandwich relatively low calorie ...well at least lower than the cheesecake factory's! It's on.

Today long work day but I'm off for the holiday starting timortow, so I am hoping and praying I can get this scale moving this week.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #21  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I loooove Amy's chili, om nom nom nom nom! I eat alot of Amy's meals because there are a fair selection of vegan options and all of them taste great!

Glad you found your polar tracker, very exciting!

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #22  
Getting Baby Ready!

So it's the day before Thanksgiving! A lot going on but had to check in...

Tuesday -
Exercise - treadmill walk with inclines (yes) - 60 minutes
Calories burned - 451

Food eaten:
Cup of pineapple chunks
Pre-made salad I picked up while shopping at Trader Joes
10 gluten free ginger snaps also found at trader joes.
2 oz rotisserie w/stuffing and kale
70% Dark chocolate with sea salt and almond

So I didn't track my exact calories in the midst of getting ready for the holiday but Don't worry, I will after the holiday

Today, I got on the treadmill again. 45 minutes, 400 calories burned. This is good, huh? Not the 100 measly calories Ive been burning. I don't plan on cooking a lot tomorrow and don't really want to splurge too much so Im not too worried about overindulgence. I say that now, and then my aunt will come over with a 7up pound cake and all h*** will break lose

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #23  
Getting Baby Ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
I loooove Amy's chili, om nom nom nom nom! I eat alot of Amy's meals because there are a fair selection of vegan options and all of them taste great!

Glad you found your polar tracker, very exciting!

Have a great Thanksgiving!
I love Amy too! Im so uninspired right now to cook at all, that I toyed with eating mostly Amy's meals ! Lol. I'm just sooo tired all the time!

But instead, I will try to cook up all the quinoa, beans, forbidden rice, and veggies I already have and make some thangs happen!!! Whew! Let me go run and watch the Food network to get inspired!

Happy Thanksgiving, Mrs. Snark!

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 11-26-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #24  
Getting Baby Ready!

Just checking in . Feeling pretty good. Thanksgiving went ok. No 7 up pound cake disasters so everything was lovely. Now that my family has left, I will have more time to post. TOM is going away so I think I will weighin Friday or Saturday morning for the official checkin. Right now, just cutting back on the carbs and trying to get my protein up a little more.

Brought a salmon cake and a protein bar to work today. Plan to get in the gym this evening. Saw one of my sisters over the holiday and she noticed she was gaining weight so she challenged me to lose 15 pounds by the end of the year. Lol! Of course this is a big goal, not unaccomplishable because We've both done that sucessfully before but obviously we are just motivating each other to push harder that's all. Any weight that I lose I will be absolutely ecstatic about.

I'm still focusing on 5 lbs at a time and I'm hoping to see 161 this weekend ! The first 5 lbs needs to be gone ASAP! No time to play around, this mama is trying to have a baby next year!
Old 12-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #25  
Michelle the Vegan

Glad you had a nice holiday! I think having a buddy (and a sister would be a great buddy!) to encourage you and egg you on is great motivation!

I can't believe we are already firmly in December! Yikes!
Old 12-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #26  
Getting Baby Ready!

Default 162.8

I can dig it...

Down 3 pounds, about 2 pounds away from the first goal and almost out of the 160's! Yea, it's starting to get a little stuffy in here! Time to say good bye. I must push harder to get out of here!

After thanksgiving, I backed off the carbs so to get rid of any left over cravings. I bought a bunch of salmon because that was what I was craving and cooked up salmon patties. This week, I had salmon patties with lemon dill tartar or eggs for brunch and dinner Pretty much everyday. I just ate what I craved. Simple!

Walking for 1 hour a day burning roughly 400 calories. I've been doing most of my exercise at home versus going to the gym, but I'm thinking it may be time to get a little weight training in there as well or at least Start back doing my TTAP videos for some toning. I can see my waist trying to come back. that's what I'm talking about! PROGRESS!

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 12-06-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #27  
Getting Baby Ready!

OK.

Calories burned during exercise: 620

WHAT A GAL HAS EATEN TODAY:

* one boiled egg - 70
* clementine - 35
* peach applesauce - 80
* one scoop of superfood - 30
* starbux green tea drink packet -
* hemp oil - 31
* kale & spinach lasagna - 483
* light toast - 90
* ginger snap - 56
*mixed veggies - 100

Nice and full Had some cramping after the gym today, popped some Advil and was allllllll better.

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 12-06-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #28  
Getting Baby Ready!

Exercise calories burned: 760. Oh yea! Go me.

What I ate:

2 cups kale spinach lasagna - Rice toast
green beans

Egg salad sandwich with hemp oil, 1/2 tsp mayo, and pistachios. Yes, pistachios ON the sandwich. It added crunch, and some good nutrition no chips needed!

2 ginger snaps

Blueberry wine

Cals eaten today 1427

Almost time for bed. Trying to get in bed early tonight so I can get up early to exercise before work. I can just feel the success coming

I NEED to see 150s this week. Bottom line !

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 12-07-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #29  
Michelle the Vegan

So close to the 150s, I can see it coming down the tracks, BEEP BEEP! here it comes!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-08-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #30  
Getting Baby Ready!

Wow! I really got to check in more than once a week! I've been so darn busy, I haven't had a lot of ME TIME. That's about to change starting today! I have a running list of things that I have been trying to get done ! Grrrr! But anyway, this week was an awesome exercise week. I was waking up at 330am to exercise before work. Yes ma'am..330am! I just wanted to make sure it was done before the day got hectic. Crazy, I know! As I increased my exercise I definitely have been sore near my incision site from surgery but I guess that's normal.

So my DH comes home and tells me he wants to do a food/exercise plan with me.. Okayyyyyyyy! I have a book for every food plan and exercise plan known to man. I got them all! Atkins, Protein Power, Dukan, Smoothie Diet, Jillian Michael's Making the Cut, Fat Flush, 4 day diet, Fat Smash, Fat Smash Extreme, Juicing, Power Eating, ...whew.., I will stop there. Well anyway, we have done a few "detox" / " get your a** back on track" type of plans to jumpstart weight loss and that's what he wants to do. He's not even really overweight, but he wants a flat stomach, so he's motivated . I think it's great! Just another motivator to melt this fat off me! I don't have to watch him eating food i can't have right now. Score!

He wants to do a plan that will last roughly 3-4 weeks..right into the new year. We did a Smoothie plan earlier this year to really promote more fruits and veggies in our diets and we loved that. Actually we still do smoothies now. I've been reading a book called Trim Healthy Mama which sounds like it May be good for maintenance. So I'll keep reading to see how I feel later.

It was cute seeing him rummage through all my health and fitness books. All of a sudden, he saw "lose up to 15 pounds in 3 weeks" and says THIS ONE!

It was a Fat Smash book. I wish there were more books out there that had specific meals written out like this one. As long as there's isn't a bunch of crazy cooking involved, I'm in. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! On this plan, we can eat the same stuff (he'll just eat more obviously) and we can do this together ! So now I have an official partner !

This plan is old! I have to re -read the book to remember everything but it's really just healthy eating. But the portions are limited. That's what I remember anyway. When I did this plan when it first came out, I remember getting great results in s short period of time. Afterward, I was used to eating multiple meals a day so I transitioned very easily. Just add more of the foods back, but still eat multiple times a day to keep your metabolism going. Add weight training with the cardio and I maintained that weight for a long time actually. So I guess I should thank DH for stumbling on it. ..no not yet...

Anyway, This will be different than what I've been doing because right now, I just eat when hungry and sometimes that's only 2 times a day ...and a snack. Maybe this will help. I'm hoping it has a lot of anti-inflammatory foods on the plan because I was really going to start looking into those type of foods to assist with my inflammation / help my uterus shrink down to the correct size. It was the size of a 5 month pregnancy before surgery, and since my surgery was so extensive the Dr said it would take a while to get back to normal size.
So why not eat foods that may help...anti-inflammatory foods, ya know ?
Well that's what Ive been thinking !

See, this is why I need to make time for ME! I have written a novel because I haven't had time to post. This is my first day this week that I get to lay in bed. So I was excited to update here. I will weighin and all that Jazz later. For now, I guess I will read this plan again to get myself reacquainted.

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 12-14-2014 at 09:33 AM.