General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 38" waist/ 35" waist/ 32" wais

Height: 5'11

Hey all,
I have a couple of weird questions. Does anyone else's hunger cues waver in and out? Sometimes I can feel hungry but 2 minutes later I'll feel satiated. This happens about 4 hours after a meal. I think it might be because I took ibuprofen about a week ago, and that suppresses my appetite sometimes. Should I eat when my hunger goes in and out, or should I eat when my hunger is sustained?
Also, what if you are very hungry but an apple is the only thing around. You are still hungry after eating the apple, but no food is around for a couple of hours. A couple of hours later you are not that hungry. Should you eat or not?
Sorry for all the questions! I have been doing well with intuitive eating. I have been binge free for four months now, and my urges are finally gone for the most part.
brooke1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 210/185/137

Height: 5'8"

I think if you're hungry and it hasn't been 3-4 hours since you last ate the general rule of thumb is to wait 20 minutes. Have a glass of water or something and see how you feel. If you're still hungry, eat.
gymrat05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #78  

Gymrat - what is the recipe for the burrito bowls if you don't mind me asking? I always like to hear about good and easy recipes to prepare.
cowgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #79  

Oh it's super easy. Grill up some chicken in a spice rub you like. Cook up some rice (mix in cilantro and lime juice). And then construct! I do chicken, black beans, chopped up romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes and some rice. Top with a little bit of guac (I just make my own, mash up on avocado and add in garlic salt and lime juice to taste). Making all the components takes some time, but once you do it's really simple to throw together.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question about how to be kind to yourself. I guess stepping outside of yourself and treating yourself the way you would a dear loved one is the only way to do it. It's so difficult isn't it? I'm feeling a little lost because I've had some battles with my insurance company about my nutritional therapy. Eventhough they told me that they would cover it they indeed do not. I've already spent a lot of money on NT and I can't anymore so now I'm without my NT. I feel like I'm stuck in the ocean by myself and can't seem to tap easily into the skills I've learned during therapy. I'm also very angry about it, that there is proper help out there for me, the only real thing that has helped me in all my decades of binge eating and I can't afford it. It's very depressing.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, I did not overeat which is good but my heart burn is getting worse anyway, eventhough I'm avoiding ALL the foods I'm supposed to and taking my medication. I'm becoming resentful and angry. I am contemplating restricting even more foods like wheat and all sugar which is making me crazy. I sleep practically sitting up. I've never had an issue like this before in my whole life and it's very unsettling. I'm nearing the end of the treatment and I'm not feeling any better so I suspect I will have to continue with the diet. It's very sad.

And do you know what I keep thinking about? Starbucks! I do not drink Starbucks all year except during the holidays. Once a week I like to indulge in the pumpkin lattes or the gingerbread lattes. And now I can't drink any coffee at all. So sad.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #81  

Hey everyone, quick question!

Could anyone please share the Overfed Head pdf with me. I don't have it anymore on my computer and can't find it anymore on Google. I think the website where it was available has gone down.

I would be more than thankful!
beeonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #82  

Thanks for posting the recipe gymrat. It sounds like you could make some of this ahead of time and have a fast meal.
cowgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #83  

beeonne-

I haven't been able to find it anyone.

Wannabe-

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering. Does your doctor know that you aren't getting better?

I've had a bad few weeks. The holidays have started and it's a really frustrating/anxiety filled time of year for me. I'm trying to concentrate on self care and being kind to myself. That voice that nurtures me and tells me it's going to be okay is back in my life and that's good. I wish everyone well as we go into a hectic time of year.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #84  

You can buy the book on Amazon really cheap. I gave mine to a friend and would order another if I need it. I have read it many times. There are videos to watch ..........just search overfed head.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 38" waist/ 35" waist/ 32" wais

Height: 5'11

@gymrat05 thanks for the advice. I'll try that. It is just weird to me that my hunger signals are very thwarted lately. For example yesterday I was a little hungry at noon so I ate a normal sized bowl of beef and rice and a couple handfuls of cheezits. Then I did an hour long rigorous crossfit workout at 5, and I still wasn't hungry for that whole day. I did feel light headed working out, but my stomach didn't feel "hollow". Idk, I think I'm over thinking at all.
brooke1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #86  

Depressed today. I feel like there's no plan, no rhyme or reason to anything I do. It's just a crap shoot.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #87  

Just checking in- plugging along. The holiday season is so stressful!

Brooke- Try not to over think it. I have done that a lot. You are much better at feeding yourself than you think. I find that when my hunger is coming and going (or light) that a snack will do. Sometimes I will wait until I get hungrier and there is a definite sensation of hunger in my stomach, but at that point I usually need to eat something substantial.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #88  

The thing about being hungry is that food tastes so good then.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #89  

gymrat, I know the feeling. Good thing we can choose to ignore feelings.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #90  

How's everyone doing? I feel like I've been ignorant to all other posts because I've been moping about lately. It sounds like it's been tough going for a few of us right now. I didn't even have Thanksgiving last week (I'm Canadian) so I can't even blame it on that.

What's the plan going into Christmas? What are your strategies for staying focused on your health? I know my parents have a little surprise vacation planned for post-Christmas and it's stressing me out because none of my fat clothes fit anymore and I don't want to have to buy even fatter clothes.

I'd give anything to go back to when I was 158lbs and for the most part felt good about myself...the days where I could throw on my favourite jeans and a cute top and not feel like I looked like a whale. The days where I wanted to drop 10lbs to look leaner and feel good in a bikini, but otherwise was pretty happy with myself.

I know this post isn't really about intuitive eating...I just needed to vent.