General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/195/135

Default Love/hate relationship with food

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have been creeping it for years. I cannot even begin to explain all the challenges that I have gone through as I am sure we all have - we all have our own stories and struggles... I am ready for change.

I am a carb whore... I love love love them (don't we all). I am currently trying to overcome a 70lbs gain as I detox from medication I needed to be on after being hit by a car while out bike riding about 3 summers ago.

I was torn b/s trying Tim Feriss' slow carb or doing Harley's Body Reset diet...

Any advice out there how to deal with emotional eating, carb/general food addiction?

I am looking for the best meal replace shakes (either in powder form or to make them from scratch), the best exercises to do to lose weight, and how to do it quickly but effectively...

any advice?
carbs_curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #2  

I am am emotional eater too. Stress is the biggest trigger.

Sometimes I don't even realize that I'm doing it. When I catch myself stress eating, I try to ask myself "Are you hungry?" if the answer is no, I try to stop myself. Sometimes it works and others it doesn't. Not sure if that helps, but I can relate. Good luck and welcome.
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBB View Post
I am am emotional eater too. Stress is the biggest trigger.

Sometimes I don't even realize that I'm doing it. When I catch myself stress eating, I try to ask myself "Are you hungry?" if the answer is no, I try to stop myself. Sometimes it works and others it doesn't. Not sure if that helps, but I can relate. Good luck and welcome.
Tell me about it... it is the comfort it gives at the time... later though the guilt is 110% worse!
carbs_curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #4  

It's so easy to justify at the time, but I agree, the guilt and disappointment afterwards is awful
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #5  

It's not a bad thing to eat is you know the right foods to eat...I eat fat burning foods.This should help you make better food choices tinyurl.com\pp8twmt
andersonjanet954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbs_curse View Post
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have been creeping it for years. I cannot even begin to explain all the challenges that I have gone through as I am sure we all have - we all have our own stories and struggles... I am ready for change.

I am a carb whore... I love love love them (don't we all). I am currently trying to overcome a 70lbs gain as I detox from medication I needed to be on after being hit by a car while out bike riding about 3 summers ago.

I was torn b/s trying Tim Feriss' slow carb or doing Harley's Body Reset diet...

Any advice out there how to deal with emotional eating, carb/general food addiction?

I am looking for the best meal replace shakes (either in powder form or to make them from scratch), the best exercises to do to lose weight, and how to do it quickly but effectively...

any advice?

Love carbs as well, but I decided to take a stand and not let them control me. Doing the gluten free thing could help get rid of your cravings, it's helped me and you feel better immediately within days, lots of energy. When I eat the bagel it wraps itself around my stomach n I feel exhausted, as much as I love it, I decided to let it go for weight and energy purposes.
leanmeout is offline   Reply With Quote