General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #1  

Default Breakfast Ideas

I am looking for breakfast ideas. I have been eating oatmeal everyday because it is good for you but I hate it and can not eat it any more. Thanks
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

for breakfast i usually eat: cereal, almond milk, rice cakes, fruit, flavored oatmeal, sometimes toast... maybe a healthy fruit/veggie juice (i'd drink that more often if i had a juicer) or a smoothie...

you can also probably look online for more stuff, a lot of people eat yogurt, and other stuff, but i try to eat mostly vegan.
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes I have some left overs from dinner the night before.
The other day it was squash casserole, this a.m. I had cottage
cheese with a small piece of corn bread crumbled over it plus
slice green olives stuffed with jalapeno pepper slices. Sometimes
I have cheese toast, peanut butter toast, scrambled egg and
biscuit or just buttered toast. Hot tea or coffee as a beverage.
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Other than a couple of fried eggs with two tablespoons of garden veg cream cheese on a whole wheat sandwich thin on the weekends, I'm a protein shake girl for breakfast. Usually it's cinnamon graham cracker flavor with a banana blended in, sometimes its chocolate peanut butter on it's own.

I'm probably not much help but you never know what people might like
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I can't believe anyone would hate oatmeal. I have mine with vanilla, honey, chili powder, tobacco sauce, dried Turkish apricots and figs all mixed with flaxseed milk. Delicious.

But saying that my absolute go-to breakfast when I am staying in a hotel does not get much better than scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and broccoli. So tasty. And so good for you. I have been known to eat hotels out of smoked salmon.

At the very least, you need to start playing with eggs.

Last edited by IanG; 08-22-2014 at 08:34 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I hate oatmeal too. I generally avoid all mushy foods lol.

Hard boiled eggs
Soft boiled eggs
Scrambled eggs
Veggie omelets

The wonderful world of eggs is yum.

Yogurt with nuts and fruit and honey.
Apple slices with peanut butter for dipping.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/172/163

Height: 5'3"

I hate oatmeal, too. The taste is alright but the texture makes me want to puke....lol.
For breakfast I usually have:
***scrambled egg whites with chopped up turkey slices in it and a bit of shredded cheese. What's also good is if you add a little chopped up baby spinach, too. Yumm.
***Also, I love to make fruit smoothies for breakfast. And a lot of times I'll add that fresh baby spinach in it to sneak a veggie in and I can't even taste it.
***I also eat healthy cereal and add blueberries, walnuts, and bananas to make it sweet.
Start203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #8  

One of my favorites is Chia Seed pudding. Have you tried Chia seeds? Used to be that you could get them at specialty stores, but now you can get them lots of places. We usually get a 2 pound bag of organic from Costco for about $15. This is a good price, because one pound bulk organic at Whole Foods is $17.

So, it's about a half of cup of seeds to 2 cups of liquid. I use almond milk or something like that. I haven't tried it with juice, though it would be good! Stir it good, and let it set in fridge for a couple hours.

I usually do this on Sunday night so we can have it through the week.

Then we serve it with whatever fruit we have, some dried fruit for texture, some seeds and nuts, cinnamon. It is really so yummy. Sometimes my husband eats it with granola. (we make our own to manage the ingredients).

It's really yummy. You can also add some maple syrup or whatever type of sweetener you might like to the pudding.

It's a lot like tapioca or rice pudding. But you could blend it if you want it smooth.
Catlover613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #9  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I saw a great recipe years ago for a vegan "pumpkin spice" oatmeal involving blended white beans, carrots, oats, sunflower seeds and lots of spice goodness. It really changed my mind about oatmeal - which I still never eat

I'm a big fan of leftovers, breakfast casseroles (be they with egg or ground beef/pork or both) , soups, steamed broccoli, veggies/fruit with cottage cheese....
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote