General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #76  
One day at a time.....

S/C/G: 300/242/150

Height: 5'5"

Today, according to my very thin daughter - she is HUNGRY all the time and she most often out eats me. Just a thought.
jensassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #77  

Today I'm hungry but not wanting to eat. My stomach is rumbling and I feel run down but I have no appetite. I've also been having terrible mood swings over the past few days. I don't know what's up with me. I don't feel good but the last thing I want to do is eat. Maybe I'm sick? I don't know.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Just eat something. My son sometimes gets really cranky and doesn't want to eat and I have to force him because I know that if he are something he wouldn't be so cranky. And it always works. Eat something light and go from there. Chances are eating will make you realize you actually are hungry.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #79  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Question. If you are hungry and don't want to eat to be able to eat with hubby, what small food would you eat to hold you up till it was time to eat without ruining your hunger?
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
Question. If you are hungry and don't want to eat to be able to eat with hubby, what small food would you eat to hold you up till it was time to eat without ruining your hunger?
Protein, just a little. I eat cucumber with a spoonful of hummus. Or a spoonful of peanut butter. These are rich and satisfying but such small amounts that they don't ruin your appetite. Or a piece of cheese, or almonds. Or a slice of ham.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #81  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Protein, just a little. I eat cucumber with a spoonful of hummus. Or a spoonful of peanut butter. These are rich and satisfying but such small amounts that they don't ruin your appetite. Or a piece of cheese, or almonds. Or a slice of ham.
Thank you
Old 08-21-2014, 11:12 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
I think I may be unusual but I discovered for me the answer is fruit. I know it doesn't make logical sense but maybe because I love fruit so much and its sweet and tasty with fiber? If I feel hungry before a meal that I want to eat at, I eat a piece of fruit and that makes me feel happy and satisfied for a couple of hours. But, I know for some people it would just spike their blood sugar and make them hungry. I used to always follow the advice of protein and a vegetable or at least protein and I discovered I didn't feel satisfied. Maybe because Im not really a big protein eater in the first place. Anyway, experiment. Thats what I did.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I have been feeling better for the past couple of days. It was quite rough with it being my daughters first week in kindergarten plus extra curriculars. But, I made it.

Locke, that is so awesome. I know just what you mean about the stage you are in please keep us updated as to how it is going.

You know, I don't know if I had food poisoning or a stomach bug but it really was, like Locke mentioned a total reset. It helped me throw all my food rules away even more and I feel like I am eating even more what I REALLY want. It may be because I haven't had much refined sugar in a couple weeks and I think that may mess with my appetite. Im not sure. But, for lunch today, I had a small bowl of mashed potatoes with corn, some grapes, some carrots, and two pieces of whole wheat toast. one piece with half spread with peanut butter and honey, the other pieces with butter and honey. Sounds crazy right? I was totally satisfied and not hungry until dinner. I didn't even think about food until dinner. Before I would have forced myself to eat more protein or not had 2 pieces of toast because of the potatoes, etc... I feel like I am relearning my body. How I used to eat before I gained weight and dove into nutrition info and food rules.

Also, I figured out my exercise block today too. I have pretty much reached my ideal weight and seem to be maintaining it with no effort. (well beyond the effort of IE) I was admiring my hard worked for muscles in my legs and arms and wondering why I cant motivate myself to exercise because I know I will lose them if I don't. Than I realized. I look at exercise the same way I look at dieting. I do it because there is something wrong with me and I am not ok the way I am. I have parts I want to "fix". (like "mom" stomach) Ding! The lightbulb. Obviously feeling like that I am not going to exercise for very long. Im not really sure how to change that mindset though.

oh and finally. With being sick I had to chew my food much more thoroughly than I had been. I realized that just making that simple change slowed my eating down quite a bit and obviously makes me feel better. I had told myself so many times to slow down and chew more but it never worked. But now I am able to do it because of my experience. so, lots of silver linings there. I feel right now like Im in a really great place with IE.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 08-21-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:18 AM   #83  

Pinkhippie it's good to hear you're feeling better. The thing you said about the fruit applies to me, snacking on fruit makes me hungrier. How strange and wonderful that we are all so different. That's another annoying thing about diets, they try to convince us that they understand out bodies and that they will work for everyone. What a load of bs.

We should all take the time to appreciate out unique health gifts. For example, I hate ice cream. It's cold and mushy and completely unappealing. Im so glad I don't like it. Also, I've always been a slow eater. My family used to make fun of me for being the last to finish at every meal. I developed a little gorging habit when I secretly binge eating but overall I was still pretty slow. This has come in handy when I approached mindful eating, I already had a knack for it because the main focus of it is to slow down. Another gift I am grateful for is my love of exercise. Yes I used it for weightloss but it was never a chore, I always loved doing it. I had to stop the hard stuff with IE but I'm better than ever now and enjoying exercising truly and fully for how it makes me feel. It helps not to log. What natural gifts do you have for getting you through?

I just realized I've been doing IE for a full 6 months. This is the longest I've ever "done" anything nutrition related. I always thought of myself as too weak to last on a diet. Now I know, my body was way too smart to tolerate a diet. I have no intention of going back or dieting. I've lost 19lbs in 6months. I'm sure that is a slow rate but I know it's not coming back. I don't binge. I have moments that I overeat in response to stress but sometimes also for pleasure. I'm ok with that, glad in fact. I'm allowed to! I'm not in constant fear of food and of myself. I feel like a member of society instead of a sad sack. Happy.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #84  

Thanks Wannabe:

I know, the more I listen to my body the more I realize that no perscribed "diet" would ever work! My body is different, just like everyone elses! It seems ludicrous to say there is only one right way of eating.

I love your idea for natural gifts:

My first one is that I don't like soda. I actually don't like juice either. I pretty much drink only water, and I drink a LOT of it. I love fruit and would often prefer fruit over chocolate. I don't really like ice cream either, but sometimes I get on ice cream jags and feel like I need it every day. But if I stay away from it for a while it loses all appeal. I really like yogurt much better. I don't like chips or salty snacks either. I am the person that can have "just one" of a Lays potato chip with no problem.

I am naturally athletic and I build muscle really easily. I love getting out and pushing myself but just can't exercise just to exercise.

I think thats it. I used to be a slow eater. The one everyone was waiting on, but that was before I had my 2 smallest children. Now I have to stop myself from wolfing down my food as fast as possible. its a habit I've gotten in to.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #85  

I usually have something small like some yogurt or a piece of chocolate if I'm a little hungry and need a snack. I don't have problems with sugar and hunger like a lot of people report. Sometimes if I am really hungry and eat, say, a packet of oatmeal then I'll be hungry two hours later but that's because it wasn't enough calories and carbs get digested and burned more quickly. I can eat a chocolate bar and be good for several hours. /shrug

I was restricting a little too much for the past few days- I'm back on track now. Still not eating that much but definitely not feeling like death like I was yesterday. It's amazing how quickly a little restriction can snowball into something out of control.

I don't like salty snacks. Potato chips, french fries, crackers, pretzels, etc. Maybe at a party I'll have a potato chip or two but I just don't like crunchy stuff. I'll take the ice cream that you two ladies pass up, though.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
It's amazing how quickly a little restriction can snowball into something out of control.
So true! I get too anxious, want it to go quickly, start eating
less than I should then whammo! I want to eat the entire
contents of the refrigerator! Self sabotage, trying too hard
instead of letting it happen. Finding a good balance. I have
tried too hard and not tried hard enough, two extremes. It
will come together when I relax and allow the good I do to
gradually make the impact I so want! Patience.
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #87  

Good Morning,

I have read the first page of this thread, and will continue reading, but wanted to introduce myself. This is what I have been looking for. I've been on a diet since I was, oh, perhaps 10 or 12, and am now 49.

As I continue to wake up and be aware, I get that my weight is about my relationship with myself, what I've made food mean for me, and notice that many of my actions are very fear driven.

It's interesting that I've been able to break through on most domains of action in my life, and this one...this body one, still has opportunities.

I weight 185, and am wanting to have a healthy body. I use the scale now, but don't have a number in mind that I want to get to. What I want is to get to a place where I feel good in my body, where I can do what I want to do.

I hope this is making sense.

My job is very demanding, and I will be here whenever I can be.

Thank you all for creating the space.

XOXO
Catlover613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #88  

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! I was referred to this thread by someone and am looking forward to meeting everyone here! Yesterday I had a binge, so hopefully with me finding this helpful thread I can put my binge eating to rest. I hope to be a regular here to fight this problem and I look forward to chatting with all you chicks pretty soon.
upnaway11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #89  
I am more than weight.

Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover613 View Post
Good Morning,

I have read the first page of this thread, and will continue reading, but wanted to introduce myself. This is what I have been looking for. I've been on a diet since I was, oh, perhaps 10 or 12, and am now 49.

As I continue to wake up and be aware, I get that my weight is about my relationship with myself, what I've made food mean for me, and notice that many of my actions are very fear driven.

It's interesting that I've been able to break through on most domains of action in my life, and this one...this body one, still has opportunities.

I weight 185, and am wanting to have a healthy body. I use the scale now, but don't have a number in mind that I want to get to. What I want is to get to a place where I feel good in my body, where I can do what I want to do.

I hope this is making sense.

My job is very demanding, and I will be here whenever I can be.

Thank you all for creating the space.

XOXO
Take it slow and one step at a time. Awesome ladies on this board!! Looking forward to getting to know you! Have a blessed day!
Old 08-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #90  
I am more than weight.

Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by upnaway11 View Post
Hi everyone! I was referred to this thread by someone and am looking forward to meeting everyone here! Yesterday I had a binge, so hopefully with me finding this helpful thread I can put my binge eating to rest. I hope to be a regular here to fight this problem and I look forward to chatting with all you chicks pretty soon.

I am reading a book right now by Josie Spinardi (Spelling?) and it is about IE and binging. she has a website and the only thing is that her book is only available as a download But it is interesting. Great ladies on this board. Looking forward to getting to know you. Have a blessed day.