General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #466  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Scale moved again. 131.4 Almost back to where I was. Hopeful I can make my Christmas goal. Fast tomorrow but I'm cooking for my business so I will have to be careful. I might try a fast Friday. It's member Christmas party at work so I want to eat but keep it gf vegan and that will keep me away from cookies but I did get gf crackers. So in order to enjoy the party I will fast the rest of the day.

Last edited by AmethystJean; 12-17-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #467  
300+ Chick

Jean...way to go!!Glad that the scale is moving down!!!You are doing awesome!!Keep up the wonderful work!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #468  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

pattygirl - Hope the 5 hour window sticks!

AmethystJean - Isn't it awesome how well this way of eating works around the holidays? Fasting for a whole day to be able to enjoy a party (and I bet you by the time the party rolls around, you won't even be super hungry!)

Yesterday ended up around 1,000 calories. I made the mistake of snacking after having that clementine, and I had a bigger dinner than usual. No biggie. Going to try to stay on track today for a 500 calorie day. Tomorrow I will try to fast until my Christmas party in the evening, but I won't be limiting my calories at the party! I'm happy with where the scale is and overall happy with my ability to say "no" to the plethora of treats at the office, so a few snacks yesterday are a-okay with me. Last year I gained over the holidays (even though I was doing 5:2!), so this is encouraging.

I cannot wait until the work week to be over! I have so much wrapping to do and a little bit of last minute Christmas shopping.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #469  
300+ Chick

Noname...Bravo on saying no to treats!!You are doing great!!keep the wonderful work!!

Am good..weighed in,lost 10...going to eat low carb foods now along with ffasting.

Have a good day.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #470  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Ok girls you look like you are all doing good....Move over the bad girl is coming back to the board. Yes I indulged, but I'm gonna reel it in.

Noname we are officially the same weight.

Those Christmas treats are too good. So my plan now is to do an egg fast for 3 days to get the appetite under control, then go to the Fast-Five plan with Low Carb.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #471  
Started 4th of July

Wow Liliann you are doing great, keep it up!
Trish, I'm aiming for the fast five too.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #472  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Okay, you all cannot chuckle at the same time.

This plan I am on, I thought I made it up for myself! Who thought a bunch of other people were doing it? Who thought books had been written about it? Who thought there would be a SPECiFIC thread on 3FC about it?

Ladies I am so happy you are here! How exciting that I do not have to do this journey alone and I won't have to defend what I am doing!! Because you all understand. You all get it!!

What a Happy Camper I was yesterday when I found this thread!!

Over the years I have tried many many many diets and tricks. I'd love to have the opportunity to tell everyone how I came to the plan I am doing today...but that is a long story, so for now I will tell you what I am doing.

For today, I am basically eating one meal a day. I keep the time frame into about an hour, but I am flexible. At first I made a vow with myself that I could eat whatever I wanted and trust me they were binges. Now I am still eating whatever I want, but I am much more willing to make healthy choices. Like tonight I actually cooked a little bit of broccoli for dinner and picked baked chicken over fried chicken. Monday will be the beginning of my 4th week. Baby steps is what I like to say.

I could chatter on forever as I am a chatter box. I think I have talked your ear off enough. Again, so happy you all are here and I look forward to sharing my journey with you and hearing about your journey's too.

Cathy

PS my weight ticker is from when I was here before...I do not know what my weight is today.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #473  
300+ Chick

Cathy....Glad that you found us!!
Old 12-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #474  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

FinallyThinn - Oh no, I fear I am headed upwards as well! I'm actually at 181.4 today. I'd be happy to maintain that through the next couple weeks though. I hope your egg fast works

Cathy - Welcome! So funny how you discovered this way of eating on your own. I think that just goes to show how easy it is and how much it just makes good sense.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #475  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Thank you for the welcome! After I wrote my post last night i looked @ my weight ticker because I couldn't remember why I kept it and didn't erase the information. I didn't erase the weight because I had gotten down to 210, which is so close to Onederland! I had worked so hard to get there. I can say looking back, I did learn from that experience and I truly am trying to create a lifelong way to eat. I don't want to do this overweight and dieting thing anymore. I want to eat to live. I want to enjoy food without being compulsive and crazy. I just want to be with food.

Last edited by cathydoe; 12-19-2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: forgot words
Old 12-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #476  
Started 4th of July

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Cathydoe,

your story is neat
You are fresh enthusiasm, I know there are others here Mia due to travel and holidays and perhaps slipping deeply into festivities.

Well as far as my attempt at and egg fast,,,,well I only have egg on my face. It just isn't my type of fast.

NoName,,,,,just maintaining through these holiday will be a great achievement. I'm rooting for us to not go up anymore.

Lilian,,,,keep going you are doing great.

AmeythstJean,,,How is it going?

As far as one meal a day goes , I'm no where near that yet Cathydoe. I need babysteps. I'm aiming for the fast five right now. Keep us posted on your progress. How long did it take to be able to do your style consistently and not feel deprived?

Last edited by FinallyFree; 12-19-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #477  
Started 4th of July

Ok,
When I was young and skinny and in great health, I basically ate within a 4 or 5 hour window. So this little lightbulb went on above my head as to why do I need the 3 meal a day thing and then I wanted to snack in between too. So thus, I'm trying to get back to the 5 hour window, and it's not easy at this point for me at all.

But when I was investigating this Intermittent Fasting on the youtubes I came across this one, that is pretty interesting. This obviously wouldn't work for everyone as the man says, but it is the perfect fit for him. He is in great shape,,,,with muscles.....
You made me think of it Cathydoe,

here's the tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5odKC4x-61E
Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Welcome Cathy. Glad you have found us. Several years ago, I ate one meal a day, but then I decided to go on a diet with 3 meals a day etc and the weight came back on. When I was growing up and was thin, I ate 2 meals a day. Recently like FinallyThin, the light came on in my head and I wondered why I wasn't doing what had always worked before. I had heard a lot about IF and even more being said about it now so here I am working toward getting back to eating IF because it is "normal" for me.

FinallyThin Move over because I'm doing really well either. I am eating within the 8 hrs most of the time, however, I have gone over by about 15 minutes a few times. I read somewhere that IF still works with a 9 hr window for women, but I have to say that it doesn't work for me. I do so much better on a 5 hr window with an occasional 7 hr. And I hate to say that I'm also eating a few more carb (treats) than I should be.

I used to be great at dieting during the holidays this time of year. We used to laugh about it when I was in a diet support group, but for some reason it hasn't worked that way for me this year. In fact, it didn't work last year either. Last year I finally gave up and decided that I would just eat what I for the holidays through Christmas day and I got right back on a low carb diet on Dec. 26th. Since I don't seem to be able to get it together this year, I've decided that I'm going to do the same thing again this year only I will be doing low carb along with an IF 5 hr window.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-19-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #479  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

FinallyThin...you asked "How long did it take to be able to do your style consistently and not feel deprived?" Feel deprived? I don't think I have felt deprived. I'll have to look that word up in the dictionary. Eating one meal a day is so freeing for me....because only one time a day do I have to make choices. ONLY ONE TIME! Making "healthy food choices" has been so overwhelming for me. I don't know if I can explain it.

What I have felt is nervous and scared (What if I can't do this? What if I get light headed and sick?). In the beginning there were times when I was extremely hungry that came from deep in my gut and there were times when I wanted to eat "so bad".

I am very scared of the way I used to eat coming back. The compulsive, never satisfied binge that occurred day in and day out. The hunger inside me that wasn't actual hunger, but a need to squash whatever I was feeling at any given moment.

SMH. No, I don't believe I have ever felt deprived eating one meal a day.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #480  
300+ Chick

Hi all' hoping you all are having a nice weekend!!!

Am good.... - 72 down!!! Not low carb...I love carbs and carbs is for energy!! I am still fasting to 2 meals a day. I am loving this!!

Have a great day all!!!
Closed Thread