General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 11:47 PM   #241  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies,

Noname--I hope your first fast back at it went well! Sorry to hear you're tired today, though. I'm feeling it here, too.

Nayla--yay, not a bad result after your trip! Good luck with the conference!

I don't know what's going on with me, but I've had a stomach ache since Thursday. It's all day, from the minute I wake up until I go to bed. I've had this once before and then it just went away. I'm hoping it's related to my period, which started today. Anyway, I haven't been able to fast well because an empty stomach is worse, AND I haven't felt like working out, or even walking much. Too bad my walking challenge at work started today! All that, plus PMS = not a great number on the scale! I'm hoping this nausea crap goes away in the next day or two!
Old 09-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Ladies,

Lightenup - I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well I hate PMSng... it sucks and throws me off completely! I hope you start feeling well soon. If the stomach aches don't go away, be sure to go to the doc!

Noname - how was your fast day?

My fast day went well, but I was so hungry! I still stayed below the 500 but man... that was hard! I wanted to eat a cow by evening time! LOL Of course my favorite part of a fast day is the next day results. I saw 145.7 this morning after my run! hooray! I'm excited at the thought that I can be lower than 145 before my conference!

Alright... have a good day ladies! BBL to check in!
Old 09-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #243  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

lightenup I hope you feel better soon! If it's just PMS, it should be walking out the door soon, right?

nayla I feel ya on the hunger yesterday lol I don't think I stayed below 500, but I was close. Looks like you're seeing some good numbers on the scale

Ended up going to bed pretty early, but I'm feeling much more awake and alive today. I'm going to have to be more diligent on my next fast, and for the rest of the month, if I want to come anywhere near my Halloween goal! I'm at 189.4 today, which means over 10 pounds to lose in a month! However, I know some of that will come off easily because it's bloat from my maintenance break.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #244  

Hey ladies! How's it going??

It's a fast day for me today and I'm excited LOL You know the thing that I love about this WOE? I didn't make the "best of choices" the past two days, although I stuck to my 1200sh calorie intake and manage to loose a couple of oz. I had a great run this morning... and now a fast day today. I always feel great coming out of a fast! Hoping for a good loss tomorrow.

My hubby is off to do his run this morning and then he'll go to the store to pick up the ingredients for his paleo chili... so yummy and low in cals! YUM! Can't wait until dinner already hehe

Have a great day!! ♥♥♥
Old 10-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #245  
Call me NNS!

Nayla, we are on the same fasting schedule! It's a fast day for me, too. Hoping for a good loss from it...I'd really like to get back to my low weight, so that I can spend the rest of the month losing.

I have some cooking to do tonight for dinner tomorrow, so I'm going to have to *try* to limit my tastings. But it's gonna be hard! I'm making vegan mac and "cheese" and it is SO good (made with cashews). I'm also making a black bean and corn salad, and we will have portabella mushroom burgers. My brother and his gf are coming for dinner Friday and he's vegan. It was a challenge to find something we would all enjoy!

nayla - what's different about paleo chili? No beans maybe?
Old 10-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #246  

Noname - the vegan meal that you have planned sounds amazing! Can you share your recipes with me? I'll send you my number via PM if you can text it instead? If you can't, I'll copy and paste.

Anyway... Paleo chili is basically no beans but we also don't put any sour cream or cheese either. It smells delish! I want to eat already!

And yes - it seems like we are indeed in the same schedule! Yay!
Old 10-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #247  
Call me NNS!

nayla - I read your message before seeing this post and was so confused! Haha. Will send via text but I can also post here. I can't find the black bean & corn one right now, I'll find that when I get home.

Portabella mushroom burgers has no recipe - I'm just going to marinate and grill them! Serve on a hamburger bun with lettuce and tomato on the side, and optional cheese.

Vegan mac & cheese...tried and tested, it is THE best. I've never made it myself though! Notes are my mom's.

Serves 6
What You Need:
4 quarts water
1 tablespoon sea salt
8 ounces macaroni
2 tablespoons shallots, peeled and chopped
1 cup red or yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup carrots, peeled and chopped-I don’t use
1/3 cup onion, peeled and chopped
1 cup water

4 slices of bread, torn into large pieces
2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine

1/4 cup raw cashews
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/3 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon paprika

What You Do:
In a large pot, bring the water and salt to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until al dente. In a colander, drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
In a food processor, make breadcrumbs by pulverizing the bread and 2 tablespoons margarine to a medium-fine texture. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan, add shallots, potatoes, carrots, onion, and water, and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are very soft.

In a blender, process the cashews, salt, garlic, 1/3 cup margarine, mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, and cayenne. Add softened vegetables and cooking water to the blender and process until perfectly smooth.
In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta and blended cheese sauce until completely coated.

Spread mixture into a 9 x 12 casserole dish, sprinkle with prepared breadcrumbs, and dust with paprika. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese sauce is bubbling and the top has turned golden brown.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #248  

That sounds delish! Thanks so much!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #249  
Call me NNS!

Okay, so I didn't listen to myself when I said I would try really hard not to taste too much. That mac and cheese was SOOOOOOOOOO good! I can't wait to eat it tonight. I ended up using brazil nuts because I could not find raw cashews anywhere and it tasted the same as when my mom makes it with cashews. I would recommend starting with half the salt.

Oh I couldn't find the black bean salad recipe. I don't follow it anymore so here's an estimation of what I do...
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (or 4 cups frozen beans)
2 cans corn, rinsed and drained (or 4 cups frozen corn - highly recommend frozen!)
1 can Rotel
A squirt of lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil (not totally necessary)
Cumin to taste (about 1tsp)
S&P to taste
Parsley or cilantro optional

I usually halve the recipe but I still use a full can of rotel, and just drain a tiny bit of the juice.
---
So, I'm not quite back to my low weight yet, but I'm close. 187.2 this morning. So after two fasts next week, I think I should see a new low 185s would be nice! Here's hoping!!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #250  

Yay Noname! Thanks for sharing! I would like to make this for my brother he's not vegan but vegetarian and this would be perfect!

New low today! 144.3! Love me some fast days!!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #251  
The last 10 pounds...

S/C/G: 144/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
I am interested in this WOE and wondered if you all would mind sharing your tips and tricks for making it work for you. I have seen the books, but know the best advice usually comes from folks really doing it themselves.

I am currently doing the 17 day diet, but it has worked much better for my husband than for me (to be fair, he does have a lot more to lose than I do).

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:49 AM   #252  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone,

I think I used to post in this thread last winter...I don't remember. But I'm back now and re-starting the 5:2 fasting diet tomorrow. I know that the official diet calls for 2 days of fasting at 500 calories, but I'm starting with 600 calories for now on the 2 days, which will be Mondays and Wednesdays. If all goes well, I'm willing to try Fridays as well, but I'll start off slowly. I am also restarting my workouts so I don't want to lack energy and fall prey to injury like I did last time I overdid it!

I'm looking forward to supporting you all and receiving support too!
Old 10-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #253  
Call me NNS!

CactusGirly It really depends on what kind of IF you are interested in. I personally do 5:2, and my tips would be very different from someone who does 16:8! What is the 17 day diet?

Chardonnay Welcome back! I hope your re-start goes well I'm fasting today and I believe nayla usually fasts on Mondays as well so you have our support in spirit! I think that's a good idea to start at 600 calories and work your way down to 500. The difference is negligible anyway.

I had an early dinner last night (like 4PM! it was lunch AND dinner), so I'm a bit worried today is going to be rough. Not much I can do except drink water I guess
Old 10-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #254  

Welcome to the both of you! Good luck on your journey through IF.

I personally do 5:2 combined with 16:8 and it's worked very well with me

Noname- I'm right with you on fasting today. I had my calories for lunch I stead of dinner so it should be interesting. I'm leaving tomorrow for Chicago, so it should be ok in the morning and by the time I get to the hotel it should be time for lunch.

I just hope I don't get hungry tonight since I ate so early! But I ran early this morning and was so so so hungry!

Have a great day!!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #255  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Nonameslob and Nayla, thanks for the welcome

Today went well calorie-wise. I've only eaten 475 calories today and drank lots of water, it's 11pm, nearly bedtime. I am blaming (thanking?) my lack of appetite on the fact that I bumped my noggin' on a darn shelf this afternoon...on the couch with an ice pack and nausea. So I guess my first day back on the 5:2 was a success lol...
Closed Thread