General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 01:21 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

noname-I weigh in every day but I still get excited/anxious each morning I'm sorry the 5:2 thread has died out :/ I might be joining you in 5:2 soon though so when I do we can commiserate together!

Today was good. Calories came in really low and I wasn't even hungry most of the day I had my big lunch and that kept me plenty full all day. I didn't really even need to eat dinner, but figured I probably should. Also had to eat out of my window since I didn't get home till after 9 T_T I'm so tired. Can't wait for this week to be over!
Scale didn't drop again today. My calories have been low and I've been running around so much this week. I will be very surprised if it doesn't drop tomorrow....still trusting in the process though. My body can't hold on to weight for much longer if I stay in a decent deficit like I have been.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:34 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

My weight has not budged in over 6 months then when my issue with fibroids started to worsen I GAINED 5 lbs Since starting IF I've lost 3 lbs! I'm limiting how often I weigh but my goal over the next few weeks is to lose that 5 I initially gained and hopefully from there recharge my weight loss. I've only been doing this for a few days but already I feel in control...if that makes any sense. I have slipped a bit and allowed myself some light snacks outside my window but the main point is I was in control of them too and didn't go overboard. Thanks again for all of your support and kind words!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning,

My name is Nayla and I just started IF 16:8. My first fast started at 8pm EST Tuesday night. I'm looking for some support/accountability with others that are doing the same or at least similar and found this group. Never been to this site before and just starting to familiarize myself with it. ! I have a good 30 lbs to lose Do you mind if I join you in this group?

Random question - how do you add a signature line? I want to add my ticker but can't seem to find where!

Thank you!!

Last edited by nayla; 07-31-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

lightenup - Happy belated Birthday!!! I do have the issues you speak of but I always have so that is nothing new. Plus I think "it" greatly decreases due to eating less and our bodies are using more of our food for energy.

Dottington - Keep up the good work I know IF will work for you!

noname - I weigh everyday so no excitement for me, but I do get a little excited on Saturdays since that seems to be when I usually loose the most.

I have been perfect with my window this week, but when I am in my window I feel hungrier. Like when I break my fast I am still hungry when I finish. I kind of think it is all in my mind. I've stuck it out, but I'm just not used to being that hungry. Very strange!

Vealcalf - Keep up the good work! IF is a great tool to get in control of your hunger and appetite, to me it has been empowering!

nayla - Welcome Nayla. You have to have a certain number of posts to get the ticker. You can edit your profile under User CP at the top of each page of the forums.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by wvuchick; 07-31-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #65  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Dottington Glad I'm not the only one! I think you'll like 5:2 if you decide to go for it!

vealcalf2000 That is fantastic progress! I hope it continues to work for you!

nayla Welcome! You'll find tons of support here. You can get your ticker after I think two months and 20 posts.

wvuchick I weigh every day, too, but with 5:2, the day after my second fast is the exciting day because it's usually when I hit my lowest weight for the week

One year on 5:2 today! 5 pounds lost this month. Good stuff.

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-31-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #66  

Awesome! Thank you very much! I look forward to the support and conversations
Old 07-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #67  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Hi nayla

Actually, you need to be here at least 20 days AND have a certain amount of posts to be able to use a signature. at least thats what can be read in my user CP

I do a 19/5 fast, eating only evenings... when will your "window" be?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:38 PM   #68  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Welcome Nayla! I'm also doing an eating window--mine is roughly 5:30-11:30pm. I also had 25-30 lbs to lose, and I've lost 15 in a couple of months! I love this woe, it's so simple and easy to implement.

Vealcalf--Great job, it sounds like IF is going well for you!

Nonameslob--Congratulations on one year! That is inspiring for the rest of us just starting out! As for weighing in, I weigh every morning, but it's something I really look forward to! Even it there is no movement or a gain, it's all "data", which I love to track ;-) I was actually up this morning, but I know TTOM is coming so it doesn't bother me much. I usually have my lowest weight ever right after all the PMS weight comes off!

wvuchick--could it be TTOM making you hungrier? I have seen both the past months that while I usually get filled up with my mini-meal at the start of my eating window, there are a couple of days before TTOM that I just don't seem to feel full even if I keep eating! I'm just going with it, since I know that after TTOM is over I'll have no appetite for a week.

Would anyone like to share their "bio" so we can get to know each other better? I will go--I'm 41 (just turned!), married, and have 3 kids who are 8, 5.5, and 3.5 (boy, girl, boy). We live in North Carolina, my husband is in basic/clinical research at a university, and I work from home for the state of NC. My husband is from Italy but his family lives here, while I'm from TX but all of my family lives out of state, mostly in TX and CO. We travel a lot to visit them, which is where we went last month for 10 days. Before kids DH and I did a lot of traveling, camping, hiking, backpacking and running, and we're TRYING to keep those activities up with kids, but it's definitely tougher. We do go hiking and camping locally, but backpacking and major travel have had to wait. We both go off and on with running, but we're trying to get back into it now and will hopefully find a motivating race to sign up for soon. My DH has recently begun Fast 5 with me, and he probably has 10-15 lbs to lose to get back to a good running weight. I had let my weight go a bit in the past two years, after attempting to have a 4th baby and having two miscarriages. But our family is complete, and I'm back on the weight loss/fitness bandwagon, so that's how I got here!! I had done IF two years ago and really enjoyed it, so I knew that was the way to go. Now I just feel as though this is a lifestyle change, and I don't really have a defined weight "goal", I'm just going to continue with Fast 5 and see where it takes me!
Old 07-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #69  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

lightenup I think that is a great idea! Especially because there are so many new folks around here

What you wrote about yourself "before kids" sounds very much like me now! I'm 27, work full-time at a non-profit in fundraising and marketing, and live with my bf of 3+ years. We are very active, hiking and biking and canoeing as much as possible! Sadly, it's very flat where we live (Delaware) so it doesn't happen as much as I like. I love anything outdoors...So we are planning to move to the Denver area in a year so that we can enjoy the things we love more often.

No kids. Two cats. Marriage and babies will come eventually. In fact, I'm really glad I'm getting a handle on this weight thing now, so maybe when all that comes I don't completely unravel! IF is a really awesome maintenance plan, I think. I guess I'll find out when I get there. I've always been overweight, I'm probably about 10 pounds away from my lowest known adult weight so new territory ahead! My biggest motivator for losing the weight was so I could keep up better with my bf on all those fun aforementioned activities. He's lost about 50 pounds as well, and is trying to lose more (especially helpful since he started rock climbing, an activity I have no desire to partake in...lol)
Old 07-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #70  

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! My eating window is 12 noon to 8pm. I've done a lot of research on IF, but completely new to it.

I think an introduction is a great idea! My real name IS Nayla I am 32 (33 in two weeks!) have two babes of ages 8 and 5 and been married for 13 years. I'm an Air Force Veteran, got out in 2004 after completing my four year enlistment. My husband is also a Veteran, he was enlisted in the Marine Corps until 2002. I currently work for a software developer and travel quite often, but when I'm home I work remotely from my home office which I'm typing from as we speak

Although I used to be active in my younger days (hehe) I feel that I'm more active now than I did back then! I love lifting and recently, I'm really enjoying running. I haven't been able to lift because we moved to FL from California only 3 months ago and don't have a gym membership or weights at home. I'm seriously contemplating joining a boxing gym!

I live in Central FL area and it is HOT and HUMID. I am currently doing the C25K running program with my sister (she's in San Diego, so it's a faraway challenge to motivate each other ) and I'm loving it! It's very motivating and we're already in week 7 of the program, though technically we've been running for 9 weeks now (log story!). Today was challenging because I did my run at about 11am and it was so hot I could barely breathe! I was so slow but at least I got it done. I've discovered in the past 9 weeks that I enjoy running outside compared to a treadmill which used to be my "go to".

Anyway - that's a lot of blabbing, but my current situation and me in a nutshell.

Question - what do you guys eat during your window? Just want to get some ideas. I follow Paleo lifestyle about 80%.

Talk to ya'll soon!

Last edited by nayla; 07-31-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

vealcalf-glad to hear you're doing well and losing some weight

wvuchick-sorry about the extra hunger lately, hopefully it goes away soon! Thanks for the support!

noname-5lbs?! That's awesome!

nayla-We have the same eating window! At least I aim for 12-8 unless I have to work late Sounds like you're doing so well with all that running During my window I've been eating the normal foods I like to eat. I'm gluten/lactose intolerant and a vegetarian so I pretty much make all my own food and eat lots of veggies, beans, tofu, tempeh, some corn, berries, and the occasional piece of fruit. I would suggest heading here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food...lous-finds-17/ for some great meal ideas. I really like the threads where people post their meals, I get tons of ideas there.

lightenup-Great idea!

Today is going well. Had to push my eating window back a little. Oh and the scale dipped! Its been the same sad number for over a week so even though I'm not back to where I was, at least its a lower number than its been

Now a little bit about me...I'm Dorothy, 26, piano performance major and piano instructor. I recently got engaged to my boyfriend of 1.5 years. He lives a little over an hour from me though so we only see each other on the weekends. No kids and no pets. I would love pets but don't have time. I share a house with my sister and for fun I like to exercise and be in nature. Mainly hiking, walking, rollerblading, swimming etc. I love taking backpacking and mountaineering trips but my practice schedule for piano and school takes up a lot of time. Most of my time during the year is taken up by practicing piano and I have to sacrifice doing a lot of the other things I love in order to get my practicing in. This is my first attempt at IF and so far I'm really enjoying it. I eventually want to switch to 5:2 and might be doing that soon since I've almost been doing 16:8 for two weeks and think I can handle it. I'm very close to goal, but weight loss is glacially slow. I might lose 1lb per month and its depressing. I'm hoping IF speeds things up. I think I would die of happiness to lose 2lbs in a month! I'm getting really impatient Anyways, I love reading about everyone's lives! So cool to get to know each other
Old 08-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #72  

Congratulations on your engagement Dorothy and thank you so much for the feedback!

So cool that everyone has one thing or the other in common Lightenup my kids are the same age as your first two! How cool!

I weighed myself this morning and was a couple of ounces down. I really shouldn't weigh my self every day, but it's habit for me and accountability. Always do it. Ate two meals yesterday during my window, but need to cut down on some of the carbs I think. Drinking my warm lemon water this morning with cayenne which always helps my energy levels for the day then I'll drink some coffee later on. Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #73  
patpatpatpatpat

Hi,

well, my friends call me Coco, I am 32 and from germany. It is either hot here at the moment or we have thunderstorms
I live alone with 2 cats and have someone I am interested in. we will start dating when he is back from his three week holidays . I am a former actress and now Id be an office worker but I lost my job and am currently looking for a new one after I got from burnout syndrome to a very severe depression. while jobhunting I decided to do something about my health and develope better habits, so here I am now ^^.
I do IF seriously since a month now (before that I just have been skipping meals really - now it is IF together with low carb and calorie counting) and together with exercise lost 6,9 Kilos (15 pounds) this month (which I didnt expect and didnt plan for at all! I aimed for 3,5 ^^). I still have a far way to go though, thats why I am happy it is so easy for me. my eating window is 5-10 pm, because thats the time in day I am most hungry/eat the most.
I gained my weight during cancer treatment and now want my old lifestyle and body back. I am pretty positive I can do that, too
I am very passionate about my hobby: viking reenactment with all the crafts that come with it.

thats not all about me but a rough overview ^^

Have a nice month everyone, may your goals draw near!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Noname- Congrats on sticking to 5:2 for a year and Great job on the 5 lb loss in July.

Pat - I do 19/5 too (slightly modified I'll get to that later). Always exciting to find another 5 hour eater.

Lightenup - No TTOM for me. My bcp causes me to only have a very short visit with Aunt Flo about once every 3 months (by design). Don't know what the cause is, but oh well, I'm able to stay in my calorie goals either way, just very odd. OH and I love the bio idea.

Nayla - I pretty much eat what I want in my window as long as it meets my calorie goals. I also weigh daily. I'm an all or nothing kind of person, so if I didn't weigh daily then I would find myself not weighing more and more often and then gain the weight back. (I know this from experience.)

So about me. I'm Lorie, 36, married to a retired policeman, no kids, 2 dogs and a cat. I am an accountant by trade, very bad for my weight. I drive 2 and a half hours round trip for work, when I get home I eat a snack (around 6:30) and then eat dinner around 9-9:30. I've been overweight my whole life. I've lost weight several times, but only have gained it back. I really think IF is going to be the tool to help me keep it off this time. Hope so at least! I'm not one for hiking and backpacking etc, even though I live in the perfect place to do it. Oh yeah, that's WV and it is a beautiful place to live. I've got a bit of an old soul, so for fun I like to crochet, cross stitch, paint, and other crafty things. Even though I'm an old soul I have 5 tattoos, which I'm sure will multiply by 3 eventually.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #75  
patpatpatpatpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuchick View Post
I also weigh daily. I'm an all or nothing kind of person, so if I didn't weigh daily then I would find myself not weighing more and more often and then gain the weight back. (I know this from experience.)
oh yeah, thats so like me too! I even have an excel file to track all sorts of stuff, like weight, exercise, measurements and use myfitnesspal for food lol.
kind of weird but it keeps me on track. I need to know where I stand, otherwise I will paint it sunnier than it is and get back to where I was....
Closed Thread