General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #301  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Thanks. I was planning to make stew on Wednesday with goose meat given to us by a friend. He was really excited to try it, but just remember he has a work event Wednesday evening. I was going to put it in the crock pot but I'll just make it on the stove top tonight. I've never had goose (duck, though, I love!) so hopefully it's good...

It's hard to fit 4:3 into my schedule without doing a back to back and I refuse to fast on weeks. Back to back isn't the worst thing ever, but I certainly wouldn't do it if I didn't have to lol
Old 10-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Hey nayla and nonameslob!
One day down! It was smooth sailing. yes, I am going to try to get used to my timetable before I start incorporating alternate fasts.

nayla - congrats on achieving a new low number!
nonameslob- I bow to you for doing 2 fasts in a row.

I do find that when I eat in a timetable, I eat less. I ended up eating about 400 calories less than I anticipated and that was unintentional. I am excited because I desperately need to lose weight so I can gain more self worth ( I don't have extreme low self esteem) i just want to lose enough weight to be "pretty" and "sexy" again - - even if I am still considered overweight - I need to be comfortable in my skin. I am not right now! IF is going to give me back structure! Happy times!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #303  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies!

Welcome to all the newcomers and come-backers!

Chardonnay--I have to laugh, you have exactly my mentality regarding coffee and wine. I have to take into account some wine calories most nights, since DH and I usually enjoy (at least) one glass of wine after the kids go to bed. I once asked if I could just do a coffee/chocolate/wine fast??

Nayla and Noname--Congrats on your new lows! You've both been working hard and sticking to those fasts, so good for you! I was not so successful at the one 5:2 fast I attempted before our trip, but it did at least lead me to eat at my regular goal calories for the day (around 1400). You ladies are inspiring me to give it another go!

So, it's been a while since I was on here. We went on a 10-day trip to Colorado to see family, and on the way we went by the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. All in all it was a great trip, but I did not do so well eating/working out like I thought I would. Plus, I'm coming back to PMS and upcoming TOM, so boo! Anyway, I did pretty well today with my usual eating window of 5:30-11:30pm, and even went for a run/walk. Hopefully the scale will be kind this week as I adjust back into regular life, and get ready for family to visit this weekend! This will be another crazy busy week, with some other things going on, but I will try to check in a few times.

Last edited by lightenup2014; 10-21-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #304  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

RoyalAthena--You look really familiar! It could be that I've seen you on here before, or is it possible you live in North Carolina?
Old 10-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #305  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Noname - thanks for the welcome!

day 5 ending up here - still doing ok. I ran 2 miles during the fasting time today and I felt pretty good i will try it again and see where this feeling takes me...
Old 10-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #306  
Call me NNS!

lightenup - Good to see you posting again! Wow, you got to see a lot during your trip. Did you get to take the kids hiking at all? Hope the weather was okay for you. Sounds like you're keeping busy but wishing you lots of luck getting back to your eating and losing routine.

dcapulet - I hear a lot of people do very well working out in a fasted state. Seems to be working for you!

Yesterday's unexpected change in plans was worth it. The goose stew was delicious and I got to spend some time with the boyfriend, but I got strangely tired very early Today will be an easy day for a fast since I'm busy and the bf isn't around. I just need to work up the energy to get to the gym tonight. Have a physical this afternoon - I'm looking forward to hopping on the scale and my doctor pointing out my loss again! Woohoo! I think I was 190-something the last time I saw her.

We took a long weekend and are going camping with some friends this weekend. I need to start planning food...

Edit: Mystery solved regarding the "unexpected tiredness." My "period" started today (in quotes because it will probably just be light spotting for a day. Yay IUD! Boo bleeding).

Last edited by nonameslob; 10-22-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:44 AM   #307  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Hi Everyone,
I've been wanting to try this style of diet. May I join you? I am planning a 4 to 7 hour window.....

Thanks,
FT
Old 10-23-2014, 02:44 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 274/274/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow..there is so much here..I was just looking at IF on youtube. I am all the way up on it and how it is supposed to work yet. What I was seeing is that some say to exercise on your fast day because it burns fats even more. Others were no so inclined. Something I am definitely checking out as well
Old 10-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #309  
Call me NNS!

Hey y'all. Today is day two of my back-to-back 500 calorie fast, and my third 500 cal fast of the week. So far, so good. But the day is young! It feels good to actually look forward to stepping on the scale in the morning once again. Food is mostly planned for our camping trip this weekend. I just need to figure out snacks and lunch.

FinallyThin and kitwander - Welcome!

kitwander - I don't know that it necessarily burns more fat, but I do know that a lot of us find we have more energy in a fasted state. Either way, it's worth giving a try.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #310  
Started 4th of July

Hi All,
I like the little ticker on the signature that keeps track of the progress. Well first day brought me 5 pounds of water weight off. It feels good, even though it's water weight.

I'm planning on doing LCarb for a while until I get used to this woe, and then switch to more variety in my food but counting calories.

Thanks for the welcome Nonameslob, and congratulations on your weight loss. Do you alternate every day on your fast with 500 calories on the fast days?
Old 10-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

I am not doing a full fast day,but I fast between meals .My last meal is usually at 5pm and I do not eat again till 8 or 9am the next day.Does this count?
I sincerely believe fasting between meals has helped me maintain my weight loss for almost 1 year and I am able to eat decent low carb meals.
On Saturdays I have bacon and egg breakfast and fast till supper usually 7pm cause we go out to eat that day.
My daily total calories usually are between 1400 and 1800 per day.
That seems to work for me.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #312  
Started 4th of July

Well happy to report I've lost from 179 to 172 since I start with you all. That's only 2 days, but I also realize this is water weight.

Noname,have fun camping. I love to camp and eating breakfast is always fun, smelling the bacon cooking over the fire with the cast iron pan we used last time. I didn't go off too much camping, but hopefully next time I go I'll do better.

I'm doing the 20/4 eating window right now with Low Carb to increase my adjustment time into ketosis and help me not pig out. I will be adding carbs a little at a time on some days. I also figure if I need to eat off that plan I just want to stay in my timeframe. Like Monday, Italian with friends.

Apo9,,,that sounds wonderful. You are fasting at least 15 hours from dinner to breakfast. And basically making yourself not snack in between meals...
that sounds like real discipline.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #313  
Started 4th of July

Well today I didn't make my goal of waiting for 20 hours before eating....

Peanut Butter won out!

How is everyone doing?
Old 10-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!

I have been a mess for the past week. Hurt my back, ovulating... And a sweet tooth! Gah! The combination has me bloating and retaining water because of meds. Finally feeling at a 100% and back to my running schedule. Fast day for me today! Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #315  
Call me NNS!

Hi all! Camping was wonderful this weekend. The weather was perfect and we were in good company. We also did a small hike on Saturday, and it was SO much easier than when I did that hike a year ago. Totally impressed by the change in my fitness level

Weight was up quite a bit this morning, more than it should be, but I wasn't having any luck in the bathroom this morning so I'm just going to toss that number and try again tomorrow...lol

Oh no nayla! I'm glad you are finally feeling better. I'm fasting with you today! I'm sure all that water weight will be gone by morning.

I'm going to keep doing 4:3 for a while...but upping my calories just a little bit on fast days, probably closer to 600. It will make it easier to have meals together with the boyfriend.

Last edited by nonameslob; 10-27-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Closed Thread