General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:35 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the tip truffle!

TamTam, sometimes the biggest obstacle is out mind. I know any natural IEers and they take small portion sizes. I've seen then freak out at the sight of a large plate or a large portion. People that have been doing this for a long time know how much food they need. I still struggle with that. I take a largish portion and then eat until full, usually leaving a good buy of food. Recently I have been experimenting with doing as you do now, ordering less food and telling myself that if I'm still hungry I can order more after I finish. But I never do. It's so nice to learn to live with less.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #122  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Thanks for the tip truffle!

TamTam, sometimes the biggest obstacle is out mind. I know any natural IEers and they take small portion sizes. I've seen then freak out at the sight of a large plate or a large portion. People that have been doing this for a long time know how much food they need. I still struggle with that. I take a largish portion and then eat until full, usually leaving a good buy of food. Recently I have been experimenting with doing as you do now, ordering less food and telling myself that if I'm still hungry I can order more after I finish. But I never do. It's so nice to learn to live with less.
I did good last night. But I do struggle with portion control, especially if the food is good. I am also having to train myself to eat what I like the most first because I have a BAD habit of saving the best for last and by that time I am usually full BUT I have not had my favorite part yet so I eat it and then I am too full. So mental note when I sit to eat, eat what you like first and then if you are full and the least favorite is on the plate it won't be so hard to leave it behind.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #123  

I just wanted to pop in and tell everyone that I went swimsuit shopping today. I had to buy a new one because my ones from a few years ago are too big. I was really dreading it because well, its swimsuit shopping. but I had fun! And its not because I have some amazing bikini model body now. It's because I have come so far in loving and appreciating my body. I don't zoom in on the flaws and I have a much more positive body image. And, I found the perfect suit ( looked good, I felt comfy in it and it felt like me) on sale, a random customer gave me a coupon that she wasn't going to use and I got a 100 dollar suit for 20! I love it when that happens.

I am also still working on smaller portion sizes. I feel like I waste so much food since I almost never eat all my food. My eyes are still bigger than my stomach I guess.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 08-02-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #124  

Hello ladies.

Yes portion sizes. I'm getting better at eye-balling what I need. This morning I made scrambled eggs with spinach, onions, and sausage. The vegetables sort of bulked it out and I ended up with a bigger pile of food than I thought. I ate about half. I'm going back and forth on whether or not I should save the rest for later. Eggs aren't very good warmed up in the microwave.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:31 PM   #125  

I got in a major argument with another internet person tonight. She clearly had food issues and was upset that her roommate is eating junkfood- says that he's ruining his life, and that food is the single most important factor in good health. I explained a little bit about what I've gone through and what my process is. She said that I'm not really bulimic (because obese people can't be bulimic), that I am using IE to eat whatever I want, and that I need help and am totally wrong. She was very rude and high strung about it, which made me upset. She also kept saying how unhealthy I am. I know that it's all b.s. and it shouldn't affect me but it has put me in a foul mood. I thought I'd share with you guys. Ugh.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #126  
One day at a time.....

S/C/G: 300/242/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I got in a major argument with another internet person tonight. She clearly had food issues and was upset that her roommate is eating junkfood- says that he's ruining his life, and that food is the single most important factor in good health. I explained a little bit about what I've gone through and what my process is. She said that I'm not really bulimic (because obese people can't be bulimic), that I am using IE to eat whatever I want, and that I need help and am totally wrong. She was very rude and high strung about it, which made me upset. She also kept saying how unhealthy I am. I know that it's all b.s. and it shouldn't affect me but it has put me in a foul mood. I thought I'd share with you guys. Ugh.
Locke: That sucks. I'm sorry this happened to you! You tried and that's all you can do with ignorance.

Let's start an August thread - I'll try right now.
jensassy is offline   Reply With Quote