General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #16  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

CrimsonTears Awesome for you for trying to figure this out now! You are lucky to be so young and in a good position to make lifelong changes before it gets even more difficult to get to a healthier weight.

I see this thread was bumped and is a month old, and your ticker says you've lost 12 pounds! That's awesome! Did you figure out something that is working, or are you trying something out?

I'll leave my comments about my diet out for now. I'm just to see how you're making out so far.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

I'm trying to diet using portion control. Sometimes it doesn't always work out however. Yesterday, I bought the most delicious looking local red cherries from my supermarket. I ended up eating the whole container. Half when I bought them and the other half about an hour ago.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 246/240/145

Height: 5ft 3in

I don't know if you'd call it a diet, so to speak.
I eliminated things slowly and replaced them. I cut out bread, pasta, potatoes, starchy and replaced it with veggies and fruit. I cut out the pop and replaced it with water and tea which I'm still working on that one.
Instead of popcorn, I choose a rice cake or an apple.

Good luck!
LemonLime14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #19  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Just started...

I just started a new way of eating and I will post what it is when:
1. I adopt it as my way to lose weight after I see results
2. It is easy to do and keep doing
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:58 AM   #20  

I would start by cutting out all processed foods. It doesn't nourish you body properly and is usually full of salt and sugar, which bloats your body and leaves you feeling hungry again an hour or two later.

For a vegetarian diet, try eating tofu (not the fake chicken stuff, just plain tofu - its high in protein and low in fat and calories), quinoa (low in carbs, high in protein and contains all essential amino acids) and lot of fruit and veggies.

You should aim to follow a whole foods, low fat low sodium diet. This will give you the best results and you should see results pretty quickly as well. Calorie counting won't be as necessary if you cut out processed foods and fast foods.

Remember, weight loss is 80-90% diet and only 10-20% exercise. If you can only change one thing, then change your diet! I guarantee you will see results!

Good luck!!!
sarahbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

This is not a weight loss tip, but a health tip. I was reading up about nutrition and the vitamins and nutrients in vegetables and decided to increase my vegetable consumption. Every week I would try a different vegetables from the produce department, read up on how to prepare it, and doing that I found a lot of veggies that I liked but had never eaten before. Some I had tried before, but they tasted better prepared in a different way. At that point I was still eating a lot of snack food and low nutrient foods. As I started enjoying more and more vegetables, eventually my cravings for the empty calories faded away. I think once your body starts getting the nutrients it needs you lose your cravings for sweets and snacks.

Is the weight falling off? No, because I still eat too much and exercise too little , so my weight loss is very slow. But I think my body is healthier because I'm getting more nutrients.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #22  

Default No Gluten

Gluten free….lose overall body fat, belly fat and feel energized!
leanmeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

I haven't been here in a long time. There used to be a You on a Diet group here but that seems to be gone. That plan worked great for me. Dr.Oz seems to have gone off the deep end now but I still like that book.
karen0117 is offline   Reply With Quote