General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #1  

Default Liquid diet!

Are liquid diets safe and effective I'm really trying to lose 15 pounds in a month in a half for summer vacation.
kevintagelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #2  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

I am on a liquid diet now - - All 100% liquid diets should be done with a doctors supervision. I am doing Optifast.

On my third weigh in (19 days on the program) I was down 13.3 lbs. Tonight is my fourth weigh in =)
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #3  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

I have never personally done a liquid diet and would not do one myself unless I had to. I have taken many nutrition classes but do not hold a degree yet so I suggest you consult a doctor or dietitian before embarking on an all liquid diet!! best wishes to you
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:30 AM   #4  

Thank you!
kevintagelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #5  
YumaDeb

S/C/G: 205/152.6/145

Height: 5'5.58"

I am on Day 4 of The Master Cleanse. It is a detox/cleanse in which a special lemonade made of pure water, fresh squeezed lemons, and grade B pure maple syrup is my only food. At night I drink a laxative tea, and in the mornings I drink a salt water flush to move out all of the toxins that are being released from my cells. Yesterday was the worst as far as detox symptoms. Today I feel much better. The cleanse lasts 10 days. Then I will slowly reintroduce healthy whole foods. While the cleanse isn't strictly about weight loss, I have lost 5.3 pounds during the first three days.

The problem with most liquid diets is that you don't learn how to eat in a way that supports your body in healing. Most people end up going back to eating the way they did before the liquid diet and gain all of the weight back and more. That is worse than staying overweight.

It can be done safely with proper guidance and support in learning new eating habits.
YumaDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:53 AM   #6  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Yuma, I don't mean to offend, but the MC is an old scam diet that can be quite unsafe. Your liver does all the 'cleansing' needed and I promise you that no "toxins" are being released from your cells because of the drink. You're putting yourself at high risk for binging and gaining back the weight once you stop, or potentially worse - especially if you have any existing health conditions. It's not a good idea, and it's definitely not a healthy approach to weight loss. I noticed you mentioned on another thread that you're working with a private coach. If s/he has recommended this approach in any way, I would seriously question their educational background and actual nutrition credentials.

I've used strong language here because it's not a good idea and is likely to set you back further from your goals. I hope you stick around 3FC and get the support and ideas you're looking for. It sounded like you had a good thing going with your IF routine before!
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #7  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

I've been doing the CDP (IP variation) and I am about 15 weeks in. so far I've lost more than 30lbs. (on average lost about 2lb per week) It does work, but its hard work and its not a sociable diet (I've had my number of slip ups) but I am happy with it, but like I said its not for everyone.
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote