3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions

General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Fiber Counting?

Old 03-22-2014, 01:49 AM   #166
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

ALEKA
[quote=aleka;4967882

Pattience, glad you found a pair of swimmers. What are swimmers? Your menu sounds good.

.[/QUOTE]

I know its a sad thing but at 3.35pm you gave me my first laugh of the day. Swimmers are probably bathers in America. Its not a word i use. And its not a bikini, though it is a two-piece.

PATTYGIRL
I am sure there was still plenty of salt in one form or another in your chinese. All the sources they tip into a recipe will be high sodium because salt is a preservative. I shouldn't worry too much. It will flush out tomorrow. Its only if you are eating high sodium all the time that i would worry about it. Basically all takeaways and asian is high sodium and most processed foods also. Canned foods, packets of food etc unless it says salt reduced or no salt. It makes a very noticeable difference to the food. Its one reason why i try to eat mostly natural foods that haven't been processed. I mean even bread has salt, butter has salt, cheese has lots of salt. I would rather eat cheese than a packet of chips though because its more nutritious and i need some tasty things in my diet.

I've reduced my calories today. This morning i got to a new low weight at 70.2kg or 154 pounds. My new calories are 1400. Before i was eating 1600 or thereabouts. So it goes to show you don't have to restrict a lot to lose weight. You do have to revise from time to time though.

I think it was about three weeks since my last low weight but i was not too bothered about it because i needed to get my stress levels under control. So i just tried to keep on eating at the same calories level for that time and i watched the scales go up and down a lot. They went up to over 72 kgs and mostly over 71. (1kg = 2.2 pounds).

IN the last few days i've been eating even more legumes as you probably all know because i've been talking about it a lot. This may have reduced my cals a little bit but i wasn't really counting. It certainly felt still like a lot of food. I think having the protein at each meal is good too. Meanwhile my diet is full of fibre.

Well my diet is going well but my sewing is slow. I have done a little bit but i am not as motivated as i was and its a struggle. Hence why i'm on here so much.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #167
I need to do this for me!

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Morning Ladies!

Working today as I do every Saturday. Weighed in this morning, lost .25 not much, but I will take it and at least it is not a gain. Weather permitting we should be able to walk Monday, could not this morning because it was raining. Have a blessed day.
"Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. (Romans 14:20a-NAB)
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #168

S/C/G: 238/221/135

Height: 5'2'

Totals today - Calories 1412, Fiber 26 g

Fiber is a little low as I usually shoot for 30 to 35 g of fiber, but my sodium is way too high today so can't shoot for that much. Today I'm thankful for my fluid pill and loads of water drinking. Tomorrow is another day.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:06 AM   #169
banned

Today i tried something new for lunch. I love raw peanuts but they are high in fat even they though they are good for protein and fibre.

So instead of the usual beans i put in 1/4 cup peanuts. I didn't put any oil in or cheese or walnuts. And i forwent butter on my toast at breakfast. Peanuts are very easy to overeat but i am pleased that i kept the quantity down and now its almost dinner time and i'm just having a glass of wine so my lunch did its job.

However, i thought as it wasn't quite as delicious as my usual leguminous salads, i'm going to try having peanuts with fruit salad instead.

I think i would do it like this:
1/4 peanuts
2-3 pieces of fruit
1/4 -1/2 cup natural yoghurt.

maybe i will do it tomorrow if i can remember. I think it would be yummy. But still filling and nutritious.

I am quite tired of my pea soup. I don't want to eat any for dinner. But i do need more beans or some sort of protein for dinner without all the extra fat. Its quite hard being inclined towards vegetarian sometimes. Not so hard if you are not on a diet no doubt or really love cooking curries because the indians really know how to cook all the legumes and things and they are yummy and i can cook them but not quickly without messing it up.

So its either going to be mexican beans with salad and yoghurt or spaghetti and cheese and salad. or maybe ah oh yes. I am going to have a vegetable pastie from the freezer. And with it some pumpkin or other vegies and salad vegies. So glad i thought of that. I don't rate the fibre value so much but its a change for me.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #170
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 309.4/286/208 1/20/14

Height: 5' 9"

Saturday's menu-

Breakfast-

orange/pineapple juice made in NutriBullet- 4 grams
ham and cheese omelet
2 pieces of HF toast with butter and 2 tpbl Polaner grape jelly-18

total for breakfast- 22 grams

lunch/dinner-
salad- 1 grams
chicken Cacciatore with HF pasta and parmesan cheese- 5 grams
broccoli- 6.6
green beans- 2 grams

total for lunch/dinner- 18.6 grams

snack-

Seneca Caramel Apple Chips- 5 grams

total for snack- 5 grams

total for the day- 45.6 grams

The Wendie Plan in Calories:
http://hermitislandlover.blogspot.com/

One for each ten pounds lost-
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #171

Calories 1482 Fiber 32 g and sodium under 2000.
Did really good for the weekend.

Trish

Old 03-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #172
Going down, my way!

Sunday's menu-

Breakfast/lunch-

Orange/Pineapple juice from the NutriBullet- 5.4 grams
Tuna salad on HF bread with celery, lettuce, light mayo- 12
Beanitos chips- 8

total for breakfast/lunch- 25.4

Dinner-

Iced tea made with mixed berry juice in the NutriBullet- 6 grams
Taco Pasta Salad with HF pasta- 10 grams
2 hot dogs with buns and lots of mustard- 2 grams
high fiber bar- 10 grams
Good and Plenty licorice candy,1/4 serving

total for dinner- 28 grams

total for the day- 53.4

Old 03-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #173
Going down, my way!

Good morning, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I had a busy one, which left not much time to play on the internet. Just enough to post the menus, and then back on the road again.

Aleka-
the Co Op is on South Main Street in Concord- you keep driving to the end of North Main Street (it ends at the lights where Pleasant Street is- just keep driving straight from North Main St to South Main Street- it's on the right hand side, I believe it is the second building on the right (when you get to the lights at Pleasant Street- keep going straight, it's two or three buildings down on the right side).

They have a parking lot with a parking attendant who's very nice and assists folks if needed to find parking. Just be ready to browse in there for awhile- we usually eat first, then look around- great place! They change their menus daily- for instance in the salad bar, they change around their lettuces, fruits, and some veggies. Even the olive bar changes around- one time they had both golden (yummy!) and red beets, another time, they have a chick pea salad. Their hot bar changes everyday- so good.

Been there three times now, and I have yet to be disappointed in anything they have served. They also have an all natural deli area with sandwiches already made- all natural, no chemicals added like the grocery stores. They also have a bakery- I loved their fruit and nut bar, got youngest daughter a gluten free chocolate chip cookie and hubby and two older kids Toll House cookies- so good! Oh, and stay away from the caramels- those are addicting!

Trish- so proud of you- you are doing awesome! I've been watching my sodium more than ever. It has been an eye opener for sure, I thought I was eating a decent low sodium diet until I started keeping track of it- yikes! I'm doing well, though, and pretty much stay under the daily value, but some days, I am a little over, but I am working on lowering it every day. It really bothers my feet the most- I can feel the fluid in there, no matter how much sodium I take in, it collects there and I can't get rid of it. ggggrrrr. I don't know how much more I can cut down, unless I make my own bread products at home (I might be buying a bread maker anyway pretty soon). The bread products aren't too bad so long as I don't have too much sodium with it in the deli meat or tuna fish- supposedly, there is a no sodium tuna fish out there, I need to find it. Also, I do order low sodium deli meats and cheeses now. I used to get low fat brands- now I realize that was a mistake- better off with a couple of grams of fat and cut out the salt.

Pattience-
so funny about your swimmers- that's awesome! You live near a reef? Jealous! I would love to go and explore one right about now- this winter has been way too long, time for some warm weather! You're on a vegetarian diet? I give you credit- much as I love my fruits and veggies, I could not last long on a vegetarian diet- I tried it for almost 6 weeks a couple of years ago- I lost two pounds in the beginning, then started gaining a pound or so a week. I was never full on it, and trust me, I ate a lot of legumes and beans.

TamTam- how is the diet working for you? Let us know how you're doing!

Liliann-
where have you been young lady? Hopefully happily busy and content with your diet. Check in with us!

Last edited by Steelslady : 03-24-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #174

I'm always thinking in the back of my mind that I need to do lower carb. I woke up this morning fully planning to start the 2 week Atkins Induction as it pushes my numbers to normal really quick and then I got on the scales and I changed my mind. By keeping my calories under 1670 (MFP recommended) and my sodium under 2300 most days now and getting a minimum of 25 g of fiber, I was rewarded with a new low of 226.8 that I have not seen in years. I track everything on MFP because they have more foods already clocked on their site, but I noticed when reading on Livestrong that if I could keep my calories under 1500 calories, supposedly I could lose 2 lbs a week. Don't know that is true, but I am willing to try. So my new calorie goal is 1500.

Steelslady Do you take any fluid pills? I take a very mild one as I told my doc that I had heard bad things about Lasix. I think it is too harsh/strong. I also drink ACV water each day along with my water. I really think it helps.

Steelslady I tried being a vegetarian too. I think that is how I got sick recently. I must have done something wrong because my resistance low and I took a virus. At first I lost a few lbs and then I started gaining. I had been to the doctor for blood work the day I got sick and his nurse called telling me that my blood count was down and the doc wanted tests run to see if I was bleeding somewhere. Nothing showed up so it decided that I probably didn't have enough iron in my diet. I was totally wiped out until I started eating protein again and got it back up.

Pattience I think it is great that you can be a vegetarian. I have a nephew who is vegan and his wife and sister are vegetarians and when his wife cooks, it really is good. I tried being a vegetarian because my niece got her diabetes under control becoming a vegetarian. I guess I'm not creative enough to be a vegetarian. I like things I can cook in less than 30 minutes preferably 15. I'm sure there are veggie/vegan meals that can be prepared that fast, but I finally realized that I couldn't do it all the time because I would miss my meat. I know it was probably doing something wrong when I tried it. However, I won't try it again. Although I eat a lot of chicken and eggs, I am a person who just has to have my steak and fish to eat and I also have to admit that I don't like most soy products.

Aleka, Lilliann, Tam Tam and others reading

Trish

Old 03-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #175
Going down, my way!

Trish- way to go on your recent weight loss! You have to feel so good about yourself today. Keep up the great work!

I take triameterene for fluid retention. It does help, but I still have to elevate my feet at night for 20-30 minutes and watch my sodium. From what I understand, you are supposed to follow a low sodium diet in order for it to work properly. I'm still tweaking my diet to lower it. I've been making juices in the morning and a decaf iced tea with a berry juice mixed in- so good, and the energy I have is just amazing since I've started drinking these all natural juices. I got to tell you, though- we're so used to the high sugar in the juices on the market, we forget what a real all natural juice tastes like. It took a couple of days to get used to them, but now I love them and look forward to drinking them.

Also, the NutriBullet gives you two blades- one for juicing, one for milling. I didn't know it came with a miller blade- that is awesome! I make my daughter gluten free products and try to grind rice up in my Dunkin Donut's coffee grinder, but it doesn't do the job that this blade does- wow! I am going to buy a jar of no salt peanuts and make my own peanut butter- mmm mmmmmmmmmmm. I used to have a peanut butter grinder years ago, unfortunately it broke, and I missed it- best peanut butter ever! I can't wait to get the unsalted peanuts and spread it on my English muffins and toast with the Polaner spread.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #176
banned

Even before I read Patty's message, i was going to share this recipe i made yesterday. Its SUPER delicious. And its a fair sized portion but don't be tempted to increase the peanut content because there's already a lot of fat in this recipe. I have rediscovered just how good celery is in salad of late. I am really happy to make this discovery.

Yesterday's lunch
Peanut salad - about 486calories. and 15grams of fibre.
1/4 cup raw peanuts
1 tsp mixed seeds or any seeds (leave these out if not to hand) My seeds were sesame, flax, sunflower. Though high in fats, they are also high in fibre, protein and various minerals that our diets need. Also high in omega 3 fatty acids. So although its taken me a while to include them in my diet, I feel good about them being part of it now.And one tends not to binge on seeds. But you still have to be judicious with them.
1 red apple diced
1/2 cup grapes (if handy)
1 stick celery
1 chunk of cucumber
1/2 cup lettuce leaves
few grapes
1 tsp balsamic vinegar (if you guys haven't tried this vinegar yet, you must have a go its really nice.
1 tsp olive oil
1 small piece fetta cheese, smaller than usual. One day i must weigh this but i my kitchen scales aren't sensitive enough.

For those who don't like olive oil, you can't taste the actual flavour of the olive oil when you use so little in a strong flavoured recipe like this. Its mainly if you use something else that you would notice between the recipes.

Patty, i eat fish and other seafood sometimes and also occasionally a little bit of meat. I like meat too. But i have only been able to continue doing it because i am a moral vegetarian, or try to be. I think it is quite a bit harder if you are doing it only for diet reasons.

If you want to be more vegetarian, its worth just maybe deliberately eating less meat and having the odd vegetarian meal instead.

From a dietary perspective, i think the main advantage of being vegetarian is that it seems like it would be easier to eat more vegetables and fruits and get more nutrition from non meat sources but actually there are many overweight vegetarians and i myself have no trouble getting fat on it. Cooking nutritious food takes effort whether or not you are a meat eater and sometimes i just do not want to make the effort. That's when i get fat. I just stop eating vegetables and eat a lot of sweets of all kinds.

Breakfast yesterday was:
a little bit of cheddar cheese on 2 wholegrain toast. 1/4 avocado instead of butter. (My dad bought me three at the markets the other day for a good price, on my request of course so now i have to find opportunities to eat them.

Bf today was 1 fried e.g. on wholegrain toast and 1/2 cup rhubarb with 1/2 cup natural yoghurt.

I'm really loving my breakfasts of late. I used to eat mainly cereal and milk out of laziness. The need for protein has brought on this change.

Dinner last night was:
1/2 cup mexican beans
and lots of salad vegies with 1/2 cup of natural yoghurt, about 20g grated parmesan cheese.
a banana

I also had glass of wine and of course i drink milk in my coffee.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #177
banned

Steels, and all of you ladies are doing pretty darn well.

Its great you are keeping an eye on the sodium as well. Its not really a huge issue for me. When i'm eating healthy, my salt intake is pretty low. When i am in binge mode, its going to be through the roof for sure. One of the biggest offenders is chocolate. One of our brands is so salty i can actually taste it. I can taste salt in ice-cream too a lot of the time.

I wouldn't be in a rush to lose 2pounds a week on average. You will be more hungry. I did a diet once that was 2 pounds a week. I found it hard i must say. It was a healthy balanced diet too.

Trying to lower my intake right now from 1600 to 1400 is not so easy either. It means i have to start cutting back on certain foods that are making my food interesting. This is why i know that Lilian can't survive on her 1000 cals a day idea for very long. I know that's what they do on the diets like IP but they suffer for it too and if they weren't paying so much money for that diet, i am sure the dropout number would be really high. There are probably still many dropouts but we don't see them on a forum. People tend not to announce it when they give up. They just disappear. Luckily sometimes they come back when they're ready for another go.

Yesterday i got a nice compliment form someone at work. I can't remember what i said oh yes, she was offering me a chocolate and i always have an alarmist type of reaction when someone offers me sweets (i can't help it). I go like its a hand granade - get that thing away from me. lol. I can't help it. Anyway i actually said, oh no i'm on a diet. And T said what for you look great. I think people forget how bad i looked a few months ago. I guess they think i can stop now. Actually if i stopped here for a while, i'd be fine but because i live in the tropics, i have to get most of of my clothes off a lot and then i don't feel so great exposing all my wobbly bits.

In fact, as we are coming in to winter now, maybe i should try to just hang in around 67kgs for a while anyway something to deal with a little further on i guess. I think having now figured out how to wear clothes that suit me (after a lifetime of bad dressing) i look ok now at at higher weight.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:30 PM   #178

Totals for today Calories 1283 Fiber 33 Sodium 2,158

Trish

Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #179

SteelsLady I have a MagicBullet and have thought about making my own peanut butter. At least I would know what is in it and could without sodium. Do you add any oil? If so what kind? When the NutriBullet came out, I went to their website and got some recipes that were pretty good. Of course, you probably have them with your NutriBullet. The 2 bullets look so much a like that I just use the MagicBullet. I found if I added a little bit of apple to the smoothies, it gives the smoothie a nice sweet taste without added sugar or sweeteners. Our local famer's market opens in may and it will be nice to go by fresh and hopefully healthier fruits and veggies. I notice that I too have to eat less sodium while taking the fluid pill and I go to sleep with a pillow under my legs and remove it when I wake up to go potty. I am finding it easier to get the sodium down. I eat a really good breakfast and lunch and then adjust the calories, fiber and sodium for dinner and snacks. Sometimes like tonight, the double fiber bread and Polaner come in handy to balance things out. Plus tonight I wanted something sweet and it satisfied that as well.

Pattience Until I read your post, I had forgotten that years ago I had an oriental diet doctor once who told us patience to eat at least one meatless meal a day. It was hard for me to do that back then, but I actually believe I could do that most days now. In fact, I could probably do 1 meal and a snack. I also remembered my nephews wife telling me about a friend of theirs who saw how they ate and decided to be a vegetarian so he could eat some of the foods that he liked. Sometime later he told her, "I'm gaining weight eating this way". She laughed and told him "You can still gain weight eating vegetarian".

After my earlier posts, I was so exhausted, but I needed to ride my recumbent bike. I folded some clothes trying to decided that I needed to do it, but I wanted to take a nap. Well, I am so proud of myself tonight because I decide to ride it and did 4.5 miles in 40 minutes. I was so tempted to go 5 miles/45 minutes, but I have to build up to it because of my knees. I believe may be my goal next week that I just might be able to do 45 minutes. I was talking to my oldest son, who has become my cheerleader, Saturday when I rode 4 miles. I wasn't sure I could do the 4 miles, but he told me I could. Then when I did he said, "Mama, I am so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself too. Do you realize that there aren't many people your age who can do that". Sure made me feel so good.

Have a good night and I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

Trish

Old 03-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #180
FiberCounting2014

Hello all...Checking in...I am not counting calories or fiber or much of anything..1st. This weekend, caught a very bad stomach virues that not only me, but my working sis, and disabled sis with MS. Saturday that we all gotten the virues. Me and my working sis feels 50% better, not not out of the woods yet. My mom had it on Thursday and she is fine..BUT my disabled sis gotten bad and we had to call the ER to take her to the hospital today...what a hetic day..and stressfull.

The only fiber am using is the sugar free jam w fiber on my 35 calorie toast...but will now can not have the jam..am on a bland diet..and light, fulids and crackers am eating now..till my tummy feels well.

I have not weighed myself in 2 days and won't plan on it till week is gone on saturday.

Trish...You are doing good.and hoping you stable on your sugar.

Steelslady...OOOh la la..Nutri bullet... I love mine and looking forward till the warmer days on making my smoothies. Have fun with your NB!!My favorite smoothis so far is frozen bananas,peanut butter...the energy booster!!

Pattience...I could have done 1000 calories with the right proper foods choices .It can be done. I had done one day and felt good...till I gotten the stomach flu ..I have the OK from my medical doctor on 1,000 plan...she said for morbid obese people are allowed to do it..but only for a short time..I might get back on it when am feeling better.

Ladies keep up the good work...I will check in when I can...Thinking of all of ya!! Have a good week....
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.